Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 30720 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2017, 12:17:57 PM »
31.  Should there be the goblin of non self, tether it fast by the incantation of the Self.
Brahman is full of perpetual joy and is ever by itself alone.

32.  Thus Brahman has been established by way of sixty four examples.  That man who hears this regularly is emancipated.  There is no doubt of this.

33.  He is ever the accomplished one. There is no discussion about this.

34.  O Maheswara, Thy lotus feet are unreachable to mind and speech, without form and devoid of scent, ever abiding in the heart cavern, ever bestowing bliss to the wise, enlightening, and radiating luster all around.

Thus concludes Chapter 34 entitled 'Topic of attaining Brahman through examples' in
the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.               
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:44:11 AM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »
Chapter 35:

1. Ribhu:  Listen, O Nidagha, to what I say. This is the secret and the bestower of instant liberation to men.  All of this is the Self, nothing else.  I am the untroubled supreme Self.

2.  I am indeed the supreme Brahman, the embodiment of Being Awareness Bliss.
I am.  I am great. I am Siva. I am the highest.

3.  The supreme Brahman is not seen.  It is not of a different nature.  All is indeed
non existent, indeed, non existent. I am just Brahman alone.

4. I am the peaceful and supreme Brahman, ever eternally blemish-less. All is indeed non existent, indeed, non existent.  I am just Brahman alone.

5. I am free from all thoughts and devoid of all joys.  I am the embodiment of time,
action, the world, duality, the seer and seeing.

6.  I am bliss, ever happy, alone and the beloved of the world. I am of uniform nature. I am eternal, the past, the future, the unborn and the victorious.

7.  I am just Consciousness and ever liberated.  The individual and bondage do not exist.  Listening, the six of characteristics and a world like this do not exist.

8. I am devoid of the mind and the world.  The world is ever Consciousness. Mind alone is amiable to body.  Non inquiry is the great foe.

9.  Non  inquiry is the sorrow of the world. Non inquiry is the great fear.  I am satisfied immediately and always, the all perfect, the supreme and grand.

10.  I am eternally pure. I am enlightened. I am the space of consciousness and sentience. All of this is the Self, verily, nothing else.  I am the supreme Self, unbroken.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2017, 08:39:20 AM »
11.  I am without defects.  I have traversed everywhere.  I am of the nature that transcends speech.  I am the supreme Self, unbroken. 

12. Transcending the wondrous and duality, I am the supreme, joyous, equanimous, without inside or outside, without beginning or end and undefined by distinction of all kind.

13.  Bereft of egoism, strengths of all kinds, lust and anger, acquisitiveness, Brahma,
Indra, Vishnu, Varuna, convictions of being and non being,

14. reality of individual, reality of the world, reality of delusion, distinctions such as the Guru and the disciple and certainties of action and inaction --none of these exist in the least.

15. One who proclaims 'You are Brahman', and 'I am Brahman' there of, all knowledge of the Vedanta, the inquiry into all the Vedas,

16. the true nature of the substance called 'this', the experience in the form of 'I', the Vedas, the Siddhanta and worldly distinctions -- none of these exist.

17. All is Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.  Verily, there is nothing as all; just as the peaceful Self, Brahman. I alone am the constant.

18. Differences such as auspicious and inauspicious, defect and non defect are not for me; so also, the existence of mind, existence of the world and the outburst of the intellectual mode.

19. Brahman alone is, ever.  This is true.  This is true, this is the true word. 'This' is the form of Self, duality is only illusion. Man is not supreme.

20.  I am only Being Awareness Bliss.  All is simply the changeless. Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Sadasiva and Isvara,

21. differences of the mind, the world and 'I', activity of the mind, and fear of world, all is bliss, great bliss, the endless bliss of the Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
22.  The world -- an iota of it or even an infinitesimal part, do not exist.  The word 'world' or its remembrance
does not exist.

23.  There is nowhere an internal world nor an external world; (nor is there) any thing quiescent, whatever
little there be, ever, wherever!

24.  'By that', 'by whom', 'whenever', 'whatever little', 'of this', or 'whose' - these statements are not in the least.
Nor is there pure or impure form. The statements about Brahman are not difficult to comprehend.

25.  Nothing in  the least is worth saying as this or that.  Brahman alone is all, always. Brahman alone is all mind.

26. Bliss, supreme bliss , eternal bliss, ever the non dual, Consciousness alone is ever.  I am not another,
not at all.

27. The world is always naught.  The world is a picture.  Thought alone is the recurring world.  Nothing else is the recurring world.

28.  Mind alone is the repetitive world, of the form of 'I am tbe body'.  Thought alone is the recurrent world.
Upon the destruction of that this is also destroyed.

29.  Thought alone constitutes birth. When it is destroyed, this is also destroyed.  Thought alone is poverty.
When it is destroyed, this is also destroyed.

30.  Thought alone is reflection, when it is destroyed, this is also destroyed.  This is the Self alone, nothing else.  I am the supreme Self, whole.         

contd.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »
31.  I am, indeed, the eternal knowledge, pervaded by the Self.  I am, indeed, great, ever. This is the Self alone, nothing else.  I am the supreme Self, unbroken.

32.  By being of this disposition always, you shall quickly become free.  You are, indeed the form of Brahman.  You are, indeed, the embodiment of Brahman.

33.  This alone is the supreme bliss.  By meditating and meditating on this, be happy.  The whole world is only happiness.  The phenomenal world is only beloved.

34.  This world is only insentience.  This is just Brahman, always.  All of this is Brahman alone.  I am the supreme Self, the inexhaustible. 

35.  This is ever only One; the One without interstices.  The One alone is the supreme Brahman, the One alone the changeless consciousness.

36.The One alone is beyond qualities, the One alone joy bestowing. The One alone is the great Self, the One alone the unintermittent.

37. The One alone is the form of Consciousness, the One alone is the conclusion of the Self.  This is only Brahman, not another, the supreme Self, unbroken.

38.  I am nothing else but the supreme Self, the temple of supreme joy. Always be of this disposition; always brimming with consciousness alone.

39.  Suta:  Let us adore the punisher of Brahma,m (who spreads out the world), the killker of Manmatha bearing five fold arrows, the wearer of golden mount Meru as the bow and the chief of bandits. One who sprinkles a little water on the crown of the Linga even once, is instantly released from the sin.  There remains nothing behind.

Thus concluded Chapter 35 entitled 'Topic of instruction on the disposition in Brahman' in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachla Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2017, 09:17:23 AM »
Chapter 36:

1. Ribhu: Listen, O chief of Brahmins, to the affirmation 'All is Brahman', by hearing which you shall at once attain liberation.

2.  'This', indeed, never is.  I am, indeed, alone.  The self is, indeed, ever non existent. The Self is indeed, the symbol of joy.

3.  The Self is, indeed, the supreme Reality.  The Self is, indeed, the cluster of worlds.
The Self is, indeed, of the form of space and the Self is, indeed, of the form of space and the Self is, indeed, constant.             

4.  The Self is, indeed, the truth, verily Brahman.  The Self is, indeed the sign of the Guru.  The Self is, indeed, pervaded by consciousness, ever.  The Self is, indeed the
non decaying and non diminishing.

5.  The Self is, indeed, of the form of the accomplished.  The Self is verily the Self.  There is no doubt of this.  The Self is, indeed, of the form of the universe.  The Self is verily the Self, itself by itself.

6.  The Self is, indeed, the measure of peace.  The Self is, indeed, the mind and space. The Self is, indeed, the all, whatever there is in the least.  The Self is, indeed, the highest state.

7.  The Self is, indeed, of the form of the universe.  The Self is, indeed, the immutable love.  Other than the Self there is nothing anywhere; neither anything which consists of mind outside the Self.

8.  The Self is, indeed, the whole of knowledge.  The Self is indeed, the prime treasure.  The Self is, indeed, of the form of the beings.  The Self is, indeed, the great cycle of birth and death.

9.  The Self is, indeed, the eternally pure.  The Self is, indeed, its own Guru.  The Self is, indeed, the disciple of itself.  The Self dissolves in itself.

10. The Self is, indeed, the target of meditation for itself.  The Self is, indeed, its own goal.  The Self is, indeed, the oblation to itself.  The Self is, indeed, the Japa of itself.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
11.  The Self is, indeed, the satisfaction of itself.  There is nothing in the least outside the Self.  The Self is, indeed, the root of itself.  The Self is, indeed, the vow unto itself.

12.  Knowledge of the Self is the daily act of sacred vow, knowledge of the Self is the supreme happiness. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Bliss. Knowledge of the Self
is refuge.

13.  Knowledge of the Self is Brahman.  Knowledge of the Self is the greatest vow.
Knowledge of the Self is self realized.  Knowledge of the Self is the great treasure.

14. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Brahman. Knowledge of the Self is the great joy.  Knowledge of the Self is the great Self. Knowledge of the Self is the people's abode.

15.  Knowledge of the Self is the great sacred waters.  Knowledge of the Self is the bestower of success.  Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Brahman. Knowledge of the Self is moving and non moving.

16.  Knowledge of the Self is the supreme science.  Knowledge of the Self is beyond
compare.  Knowledge of the Self is the supreme yoga. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme goal.

17.  Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Brahman. Such alone is the strong resolve. Knowledge of the Self is the destruction of mind.  Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Guru.

18.  Knowledge of the Self is the termination of thought.  Knowledge of the Self is the liberator.  Knowledge of the Self is the dispeller of fear. Knowledge of the Self is the generator of joy.   

19.  Knowledge of the Self is the great effulgence. Knowledge of the Self is the great good. Knowledge of the Self is the form of the pious.  Knowledge of the Self is amiable to the virtuous.

20.  Knowledge of the Self is the liberation of the saintly.  Knowledge of the Self generates discrimination. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme dharma.  Knowledge of the Self is the constant repetition (japa).

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2017, 08:50:35 AM »
21. Self Knowledge is like the knowledge of the Self alone.  Anything like Self Knowledge never was and never shall be.

22. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme mantra.  Knowledge of the Self is the supreme penance.  Knowledge of the Self is verily Vishnu.  Knowledge of the Self is Siva, the supreme.

23. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Creator.  Knowledge of the Self is amenable to the Self.  Knowledge of the Self is itself the merit. Knowledge of the Self is the great sanctification.

24.  Knowledge of the Self is the great holy waters.  Knowledge of the Self is tranquility etc., Knowledge of the Self is the loving mantra.  Knowing of the Self is self purifying.

25.  What is called the knowledge of the Self?  It is the certitude 'I am Brahman'.  It is the faith that 'I am Brahman'.  Knowledge of the Self is the great emanation.

26-28:  The Knowledge of the Self is the disposition 'I am Brahman'. I am eternal. I am the accomplished. I am bliss, the supreme joy.  I am pure, the ever undiminishing.
I am of the form of the expanse of consciousness, the eternal Being Awareness Bliss. I am changeless. I am the peaceful. I am everywhere, continuous. I am always of the form of bliss, bereft of all defects.  I am devoid of all thoughts.  I am always myself.'

29.  Read silently to yourself regarding the experience that all is Brahman. The merits that result from a crore of horse sacrifices are obtained in a trice.

30.  Being with the certitude 'I am Brahman', one attains the fruit of giving the Mount Meru in charity. Compared to the abidance of 'I am Brahman', the offering of all the land in charity is only infinitesimal.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »
31.  Even giving away millions in charity is nothing compared to the abidance of 'I am Brahma. All pleasures are just like grass when compared to the abidance of 'I am Brahman.'

32.  The fruit of the disposition 'Brahman is indeed, all' is verily itself.  The equivalent of the abidance of 'I am Brahman' is Brahman alone.

33. Therefore, even while in dream and at all other times, having renounced all with effort, I am Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.  I am my own refuge,

34. I, indeed, am ever, naught else. I alone am ever the Guru. I am the supreme Self.
I alone, am, never another.

35.  I alone the Guru and the disciple. Be of the certainty 'I alone am'.  The limited world pointed out as 'this' is naught.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2017, 11:58:26 AM »
36. There is no earth, no water, no fire, and no space. All being Consciousness, there is nothing whatsoever in the least.

37.  Being of this disposition be happy released from the body.  I am the Self. This is naught, all being Consciousness.

38. I am, indeed, the perfect Self, the ocean of bliss and affliction less. 'This' is, indeed, always non existent.  Being insentient, it is verily unreal.  This is Brahman, always Brahman. Be happy that 'this' is naught.

39.  Those men, celestial beings, and sages with a firm certitude in the knowledge of the Self inspired by the Vedas, look upon the latencies of desire as horns of the horse and they adore Siva, who though united with Uma Parvati, is ever unattached.

Thus concludes chapter 36 entitled 'Topic of instruction on the disposition in Brahman'
in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva,                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2017, 12:27:25 PM »
Chapter 37:

1. Ribhu: Nidagha!  Listen to the mysterious and the most wondrous secret that I am going to tell you.  Just by hearing even one verse, you shall attain instant liberation.

2.  This, what is seen as the supreme Brahman, appears so due to mind. All being only Consciousness, nothing in the least exists whatsoever.

3.  'This' verily does not exist.  Even the one nearby does not exist.  Evan an atom, be it one, is naught, is naught.  There is no doubt of this.

4. This transaction wherever it be, the news wherever it be, any form of bondage, any account of bondage, any activity of bondage or the highest,

5.  any true act, any truth, the certitude 'I am Brahman', sorrow, pleasure, or teaching, practice and the determination of attainment,

6. anything such as the Self, the supreme Self, or the individual Self, -- none of these exists separately. I am the body. I am the form. I am knowledgeable and wise,

7. I am of the form of effect and cause and the activities of the internal senses; not even one exists, not just one - contemplate thus.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2017, 03:41:03 PM »
8. All is simply mental resolve. The whole world is Brahman.  The knowledge of the Self is supreme Brahman.  The significance of repetition Om is bliss.

9.  Duality or non duality, constant duality and honor and dishonor -- all being just
Consciousness, nothing in the least exists as separate.

10.  I am Brahman, the bliss of the Self.  The immanent awareness is Brahman, indeed.
The form of 'this', the form of 'I', the analysis of likes and dislikes,

11.  whatever is experienced in the world, whatever created by effort, what is endless and the concept of Brahman -- are all fabrications of mind.

12. I am, indeed, the gross body here. I am, indeed, the subtle body too.  Differences of the intellect, distinctions of the mind, ego, insentience and 'that' --

13. everything being just Consciousness, nothing else in the least exists as different -
be it listening, reflection, or inquiry about realization.             

14. I am, indeed, the Self, the supreme. I am myself not full of delusion.  All of this is
Brahman alone.  Brahman, indeed, is the supreme state.

15. Brahman alone is the cause and effect.  Brahman alone is the victory over the world.  Brahman is all Consciousness. Brahman alone becomes the mind.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »
16.  Brahman alone sports as the individual.  Brahman alone manifests as Hari.  Brahman alone shines as Siva.  Brahman alone is dear to the Self.

17. Brahman alone shines as peace.  There is nothing in the least other than Brahman.
There is no 'I'.  There is no 'this'.  There is no  'other'.  There is nothing beyond the supreme.

18.  There is no 'this', no significance of scriptures, no mimamsa, (a branch of knowledge, no generation; no characteristics, no Vedas etc.,  no thought stuff,
no mind for me.

19. For me there is no 'this', no 'this - this', no resolution of intellect ever, nothing whatsoever, not in the least, truly, truly.

20.  None of 'just one',  no 'this', no inside no outside. There us not an iota of duality,
nor the generated, nor the appearance,

21.   no thinking, no remembrance, no forgetfulness -- not even an atom of these.
No comprehension of time and space, no will, no perception,

22. no knowledge, no body as separate, nothing as my being, knowable, no transmigration.  For me there is no sorrow. For me there is no liberation, no path or no ruination.

23. I am not the Self. I am not the jiva, I am not the centrally established Lord.
I am not the body. I am not the ear, not the skin, nor the deities, presiding over the
senses.

24. All being just Consciousness, all is simply non existent, ever. Being of the form of the undivided, all is always non existent.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
25. The need for any threatening sound, or the manifestations of the threatening  sound
does not exist at all, verily non existent, never exists whatsoever.

26.  Even a trace of any substance apart, anything separate, any talk as separate, anything real or unreal apart from the Self is verily illusory.

27.  All is just non existent, non existent, verily non existent. The very word 'non existent itself does not exist.  All being only awareness, all is verily naught, ever.

28. All is Brahman.  There is no doubt of this. Brahman alone am I.  There is no uncertainty about this.  Sentence, the collection of texts, the speaker and the pair of
triads,

29. the differences of knower, knowledge and the known, the dear expressions of the
measure and the measurable; whatever is defined in the sacred texts,whatever is established in the Vedas,

30. the supreme and the lowly, the transcendent concept that I am transcendent and unknowable, the Guru, the teaching of the Guru, I say, are naught whatsoever.

31.  The form of the Guru, the faith of the Guru and Guru himself are non existent, ever.  The Self alone is.  The Guru is the Self alone, as nothing else is.  There is no doubt of this.

32. As nothing else is, the Self is the goodness of the Self. There is no doubt of this.
The fondness for the Self, is the Self itself. The Self alone is, nothing else, in the least there is.

33.  The happiness of the Self is the Self alone. There is nothing else. About this there
can be no doubt. The power of the Self is the Self itself. The love of the Self is the Self alone.             

34. The bath of the Self is the Self itself. The enjoyment of the Self is the Self itself. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme good. Knowledge of the Self is hard to attain.

35. Knowledge of the Self is the supreme Brahman. Knowledge of the Self  is the highest of all happiness. There is nothing beyond the knowledge of the Self. Besides the knowledge of the Self there is nothing to remember.

36. Brahman is verily the Self.  There is no doubt of this.  The Self alone is Brahman
itself; it is itself verily full of Awareness;

37. itself the expanse of Consciousness, itself the gap-less, itself the manifold Self, itself, not another;

38. itself transcending the qualities, itself the greatest joy, itself the serene Self, it itself the part-less.         

39.  It is itself the bliss of Awareness, itself the Great God, itself ever the witness,
itself Sadasiva,

40.  itself verily Hari, itself the progenitor Brahma, itself the supreme Brahman, it is
itself ever Brahman.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2017, 03:25:34 PM »
41. All is  Brahman, itself Brahman, Brahman itself. There is no doubt of this. You must
achieve this certainty ever and anon.

42. Inquiring about Brahman itself, you will yourself become Brahman.  The certitude
'I am Brahman'  is verily the supreme Brahman.

43. The conviction 'I am Brahman' alone is the great liberation.  That alone  is fulfillment, that alone is ever the happiness.

44. This alone is always the knowledge, itself Brahman, itself great. I am Brahman -
this alone is knowledge always, great by itself.

45.  I am Brahman - this alone is the natural state that is ever true. I am Brahman -
this alone is always the permanent, ever by itself.

46. I am Brahman - this alone is the destruction of bondage. There is no doubt of this.
I am Brahman - this alone is the conclusion of all the philosophical theories.

47.  I am Brahman; there is no doubt of this -- this is the declaration of the Vedanta.
The universe is all full of bliss - this is the essence of all the Upanishads.

48.  The purpose of the great aphorisms is the certitude 'I am Brahman'.  The proclamation of Siva Himself is the conviction 'I am Brahman.'

49. The philosophy of Narayana is the determination 'I am Brahman'.  The conclusion of the four headed Brahma is the resolve 'I am Brahman.'

50.  This is the heart of the sages.  This is the teaching of gods.  This is the settlement
of all the Masters  - the certainty 'I am Brahman.'

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.