Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31193 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »
48. And again, the mystic designs and the sacred sounds are only illusion.  There is
no doubt of this.  Brahman is incomprehensible by speech.  And all is full of Brahman.

49.  All is non existent only, indeed non existent.  I am only Consciousness alone.
Proclaim thus and abide firm.  You shall be instantly liberated.

50. Whatever in the least has been spoken so far, that is all only naught.  There is
no doubt of this.  The moment it penetrates you, the firm certitide that 'Brahman alone is' results immediately.

52.  Firm determination here becomes the prime cause.  This determinatioin later resolves into Oneself.

52.  For the yearning aspirant, the world is referred to as the product of 'That',
which is dependent upon conscious ideation and which is subject to the six states
of transmutation appearing supremely miserable.

Upon the abandonment of the conceptualization, it dissolves along with the element,
senses, mind and speech, and loses its identity in the blemishless solid mass of the
Great God Mahesa, like the salt in the ocean.

Thus concludes chapter 25 entitled 'The topic of determination of Brahman being
all forms' in the sixth amsa called Sankara in Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
Chapter 26:

1. Ribhu:  I shall explain the Existence Consciousness Supreme Bliss which is
ever joy by its own virtue.  It is by itself the core of the essence of all the Vedas
and Puranas.

2. There is no difference, duality or pairs of opposite characters;  no difference and nothing devoid of differences.  This alone is supreme Brahman, affliction-less and attainable by knowledge.

3.  There is nowhere anything as 'This alone am I', nothing that is decay-less,
nothing beyond the beyond.  This alone is supreme Brahman, affliction-less and attainable by knowledge.

4.  There is no outside, no inside, no 'I', no will or form.  This alone is supreme Brahman, affliction-less and attainable by knowledge.

5.  There is no truth, none who has renounced, no accounts, no corruption of values.
This alone is supreme Brahman, affliction-less and attainable by knowledge.

6.  There is no quality, no qualified statement, no mental certitude, no japa,
no limitation, nothing pervading and unreal fruits.

7.  There is no Guru, no disciple, nothing fixed, nothing auspicious or inauspicious,
nothing uniform or of different form, no liberation and nothing that binds.

8.  There is no meaning for the word 'aham' or the word 'that', no senses nor the objects, no doubt, nothing trifling, no certitude nor anything made.

9.  There is nothing of the form of peace, no non duality, nothing above nor below, no trait, no sorrowful body, no pleasure and nothing fickle.

10.  There is no body, no sign, neither cause nor the absence of cause, no sorrow,
no conclusion, no 'I', nothing mysterious and no transcendent state.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2017, 11:48:57 AM »
11.  There is no karma that is accumulated nor that is yet to be realized, no truth,
no you or I, no ignorance, no knowledge, no dunce and no pundit.

12.  There is no base hell, no conclusion, no liberation and nothing purifying, no craving,
no learning, no 'I', no knowledge and no deity.

13.  There is no sign of the auspicious or the inauspicious, no death, no life, no satisfaction, nothing enjoyable, no undivided unitary essence and no non duality.

14.  There is no will, no world, no wakefulness or sovereignty, not even a trifle of the defect of 'equality' whatever, no delusion of counting the fourth state.

15. There is no 'all' or impure, nothing adorable, no morality, no worship, no world,
no plurality, no admixture of other sayings.

16.  There is no satsangha or the lack of satsangha, no Brahman, no inquiry, no practice, no speaker, no ablution and no holy waters.

17.  There is no merit nor there is sin, no actions causing defects, nothing related to the Self, nothing related to the physical, nothing related to the divine.

18.  There is no birth or death anywhere; no states of waking, dream and sleep;
no realm of the earth or the nether world, no victory or defeat.

19. There is no wretched, no fear, no sensuality, no quick death, nothing unthinkable, no one guilty, nor the delusion of the sacred lore.

20. There is no quality such as serene or the active or the excessive dullness, no Saivism, no Vedanta, no sacred study, nor the related interest.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »
21. There is no bondage nor liberation either, no sentence, no characteristics of identity,
no female form, no male form, no condition of being neither male nor male nor female.
no permanent state.

22. There is no praise, no slander, no hymn, verily no eulogy, nothing worldly, nothing pertaining to the Vedas, no scripture, not any commandment.

23.  There is no drinking, no emaciation, none of this, no joy, no arrogance or the absence of it, no mood or the lack of it, no caste nor name and no form.

24.  There is nothing outstanding, nothing base, no prosperity nor verily the opposite of it, no blemishness or excretion, no individual  soul or control of mind.

25. There is no manifestation of peace, nothing attainable, no peace, no restraint of senses and mind, no sport, no part of existence, no transformation and no defect.

26.  There is nothing whatsoever in the least, nothing of the 'I' anywhere, nothing of what is called Maya (delusive power), nothing associated with Maya, no righeouslenss anywhere in the least, no persecution of dharma.

27.  There is no youth, no boyhood, no senility, no death and such, no relative, no one unrelated, no friend, and no brother.

28.  There is no 'all', nothing in the least, no Brahma, no Kesava Vishnu, no Siva,
no guardians of the eight cardinal directions, no experience of the waking state or
of the dreaming state.

29.  There is no experiencer of deep sleep, nor the fourth state, no Brahmana, no Kshatriya, or the highly learned.  This is indeed the supreme Brahman, the affection-less nectar of knowledge.

30.  There is nothing that is reborn, nothing to manifest in future. There is no manifestation of the worldly life.  There is no appearance of time, no 'I'.  There is no
reason for dialogue.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
31.  There is no above, no inner faculty, no talk of just consciousness, no duality
that I am Brahman, no duality that I am just consciousness.

32.  There is no sheath of food, nor the sheaths of vital airs or mind or that which is
not sheath, no sheath of intellect, no sheath of bliss as separate.

33. There is nothing of the form of instruction, nothing to be instructed, none to teach
here - it is all illusory.  There is none to be prosecuted; none to prosecute -- being
illusory, no conclusive knowledge based on triads - Knower, Knowable, Knowledge.

34.  There is none to measure, no standards of measure, nothing to be measured,
no fruits arising.  This alone is the supreme Brahman, the affliction-less nectar of knowledge.

35.  There is nothing mysterious, no resplendence, nothing gigantic nor atomic, no world perceivable, no manifestation whatsoever.

36.  There is no world of inner faculties, no misapprehension of mental world, no world of thought, no world of intellect.

37. There is no world of transient beings, no transmigratory cycle of the nature of latencies, no world of distinctive traits, no transmigratory cycle full of ignorance.

38.  There is no world of the form of the Vedas, no cycle of Sastras and Agamas, no world as separate, no variance causing distinction.

39.  There is no reckoning of differences or non differences, no imagining of defects
or the absence of defects, no world of peace and peacefulness, no transmigratory cycle of qualities or the absence of qualities.

40.  There is no feminine gender, no masculine gender, no transmigratory cycles of neuters, no stationary beings, no mobile beings, no sorrow or joy whatever.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »
41.  There is no forms of the virtuous or non virtuous, no certainty of the qualified
and unqualified, no forms of the duality mode, no traits of the witness mode.

42.  There is no condition of undivided nature, no joy of the undivided essence, no
thought of 'I am the body' nor the pronunciation 'I am Brahman'.

43. There is no condition of the undivided conviction, no single great undivided essence, no expression of the whole range of thought, neither the destruction of all thoughts.

44.  There is no convention of all thoughts, no emancipation of all thoughts, no destructive end of all thoughts, no nullifying of all thoughts.

45.  There is nothing of the thousands of thoughts that get perished moment by
moment, no witness of all thoughts, nor the attitude that oneself is Brahman.

46.  There is no world, no mind, no finale, no execution of action whatever, no curse,
no praise and no sovereign nature.

47.  There is no characteristic of virtuous, no traits of the righteous nature, no sign
of absorption, no accumulation of karma.

48.  No thought of Brahman, no reality of the Self, no mark of any dream about the
Beyond, none of the excellent, no one supreme, none to be controlled, none of the highly select, nothing to mean beyond That.

49.  The one who is devoid of Self Knowledge alone is the great sinner indeed.  The ne lacking this knowledge is a greatly sick person for sure.

50.  I am Brahman.  There is no doubt of this. I am of the nature of the undivided
essence. I am of the definite experience that Brahman is all this.

51.  Such one is intensely liberated.  There is no doubt of this.  That very instant one becomes the embodiment of direct knowledge. Such alone is the knowledgeable in this world. Such alone is Paramesvara.

52.  All this is indeed the supreme  Brahman, the nectar of knowledge fulfilling the mind. Whoever hears this topic is verily Brahman oneself.

53. The state of Sadasiva is neither unitary nor manifold, neither atomic nor gigantic,
neither cause nor effect, neither the universe nor the Lord of the universe, devoid of
taste and odor, ever formless, neither bound nor liberated, the most high and without
anything higher than itself, ever the joy of the greatest unitary happiness, the joy of being the Ground, unconnected with birth, senility, sickness and such - verily the
Great!

Thus concludes chapter 26 entitled 'The description of the topic of the mind filled with
nectar of knowledge' in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2017, 12:55:39 PM »
Chapter 27:

1. Ribhu:  I shall tell you about the topic of mind full of true Brahman Bliss.
'This' is indeed bereft of cause and effect and full of perpetual bliss.

2.  I am indeed the undecaying bliss, the illuminator of the joy of the Self.  I am
of the joy of the Self.  I am of the form of the bliss of knowledge, ever full of the bliss
that is the ideal.

3.I am void of the bliss related to things and the illuminator of illusory joy.  I am Self
devoid of the bliss of mental modes and transcend the bliss of the thoughtless mode.

4.  I am the Self that illuminates the bliss of insentience. I am the essence of the bliss of the Self.  I am devoid of the bliss of the Self.  There is no any form of the bliss of the Self.

5.  I am devoid of the bliss of activity. I am the Self of the aspect of the bliss of activity.  I am devoid of the bliss due to qualities.  I am of the form of the concealed
happiness. 

6. I am of the form of secret joy.  I am the great one of the bliss of action.  I am devoid of the bliss being the known.  I am without any hidden joy.

7. I of the form of perpetual joy.  I am the Self that is joyous bliss, the bliss of the world, the great bliss.  'This' is the great one transcending the world.

8. I am the bliss of difference, the bliss of consciousness, the bliss of well being, the non dual, the bliss of action, undiminishing bliss and devoid of the joy of thoughts.

9.  I am the bliss of being the all, the undeteriorating bliss, the bliss of consciousness,
undiminishing, the bliss of Being, the bliss of Beyond, the instantaneous bliss, highest than the highest. 

10.  I am the bliss of speech, the great bliss, the bliss of Siva, the non dual, the bliss of the blessedness, devoid of the bliss of the beginning and the later.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2017, 01:54:01 PM »
11.  I am the blemishless Self, the supreme bliss, the bliss of consciousness, the non
dual, the bliss of thought, the bliss of thought, the bliss of the beyond, transcending knowledge and verily blemishless.

12. I am the bliss transcending cause, the bliss of consciousness, the non dual, the bliss of all, the bliss of the beyond, the disposition that I am the bliss of Brahman.

13. I am the bliss of life, bliss of subsidence, of the form of the bliss of consciousness,
of the form of bliss of consciousness, of the form of pure bliss, the bliss of the intellect, saturating the mind.

14.  I am the bliss of sound, the great bliss, the bliss of consciousness, the non dual,
the Self beyond void of bliss and non-bliss, completely devoid of the bliss of differences.

15.  I am the Self inspiring the bliss of duality, the bliss of consciousness, the non
dual. Be of the conviction that all the aforesaid forms of bliss am I.

16. I am verily the bliss of peace, the illuminator of the bliss of awareness, the unitary
bliss, the supreme bliss, the one and the only un-diminishing consciousness.

17.  The one and the only great Self, devoid of the numeration one, the great bliss
of the one reality, devoid of philosophical variance.

18.  I am devoid of any conquest of bliss, devoid of subjugation of bliss.  I am the great peace of joylessness. I am rendered peaceful by the conviction that I am peaceful.

19.  I am the peace of the bliss of 'mine'. I am primal illuminator.  I am ever at peace
with the body, devoid of the attitude 'I am peaceful'.

20.  I am the one and the only great bliss, the one and the sole imperishable, the one and the only imperishable Brahman, the one and the only imperishable syllable.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2017, 01:41:58 PM »
21. I am the one and the only great bliss, the one and the sole imperishable, the one and the only imperishable Brahman, the one and the only imperishable syllable.

22.  I am the one and the only great Self, the one and the only plunderer of the mind,
the one and the only non dual, the one and the only and not another.

23.  I am the one and the only, not the world etc., I am the one and the only exceedingly peaceful, the one and the only blissful Self.

24.  I am the one and the only, not the self full of desire.  I am the one and the only,
not the angry.  I am the one and only, not the greedy self.  I am the one and the only,
not the deluded.

25.  I am the one and the only, not the arrogant. I am the one and the only not the essence.  I am the one and only, not the mind stuff. I am the one and only, not another.

26.  I am the one and the only, not the existing Self. I am the one and the only,   
without ageing and death.  I am the one and only; indeed the complete Self.  I am the one and the only, unmoving indeed.

27. I am the one and the only, the great joy. I am the one and the only One.  I am devoid of 'I am the body' concept. I am the eternal, as 'I am peaceful'.

28. 'I am Siva' - thus I am at peace. 'The Self alone am I'  - thus settled I am. 'I am the individual' - thus I am at peace.  I am eternal, pure and the dweller within the Heart.

29. Meditate thus.  You shall be undoubtedly delivered into the non duality in a trice.
Read this aloud everyday without wavering. 

30.  It is told by the scriptures that the manifestation of the world by the regulation of elements is a function of time. As the world is insentient this turns out to be only a notion. It comes into being only by the will of Isvara.

Thus concludes chapter 27 entitled 'The demonstration of the nature of Bliss' in the
sixth amsa called Sankara in Sri Siva Rahasyam.

Chapter 27 concluded.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »
Chapter 28:

1. Ribhu: Brahman alone am I.  Consciousness alone am I.  Blemish-less am I without
interstices. I am only of a pure nature. I am of the eternal form and the supreme.

2.  I am of the eternally blemish-less form. I am the embodiment of the eternal awareness.  I am of the form without beginning or end.  I am bereft of the duality in the beginning or the end.

3. I am  of the ever happy nature. I am one with an ever blissful nature. I alone am the foremost liberated. I am devoid of cause.

4.  I am indeed the supreme Brahman.  I alone am, indeed, I alone am.  Achieve this disposition always and be happy in the blemish-less Self.

5.  Abide in joy.  Abide in happiness.  Be happy continually.  All the Vedas are non different from you.  Imagination is ever naught.

6.  There is never anything called thought force.  There is never any wheel of transmigration. There is nothing ever, never.  The world never is.

7.  There never is the talk of the world.  Then where is the talk about the body?  All is Brahman, just consciousness.  Indeed, I alone am.

8. There is nothing such as 'this is the mind'.  Nor is there anything as 'there is mind'.
The certitude about the existence of something, the talk of the world being real - are false.

9.  The one who posits the existence of something and such statements, the notion that the world has existence, the protector of the world apart from one's Self, the conviction that I am the body.

10.  The notion that this one is a chandala (out-caste), the certainty that someone is a great Brahmin - all are non existent.  Hence, there is neither the phenomenal world nor the mind-stuff, nor the intellect.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
11. 'There is nothing, there is nothing' - achieve this flawless certitude at once.
That which is seen is verily naught, indeed non existent.  It is naught, verily naught -
meditate thus.

12.  I am indeed the supreme Brahman.  I am indeed peerless.  I alone am.  Of this
there can be no doubt.  I am indeed happier than the happiest.

13. I am indeed the divine Self.  I am indeed the unitary One.  I am simply imperceptible to speech.  I alone am, not another.

14. I am indeed the Self of all.  I am indeed ever adorable.  I am indeed the Self of imagination. I am indeed of thought.

15. I am unlimited.  I am without discontinuity.  I am indeed purged of brooding.
I am indeed the Sadguru.

16. I am indeed the witness ever. I alone am, indeed I alone am. I am neither hidden
nor unhidden.  Neither am I the Self that shines ever.

17. I am neither insentient nor am I just consciousness. 'That' is, wherever and whenever.  I am not the vital air, nor the insentience.  That is altogether misapprehension always.

18.  I am endless bliss.  I am extremely blemish-less.  I am the omniscient Self.  I am the complete bestower of auspiciousness.

19.  I have none in the least of 'I am such'.  I have no recollection of 'I am such'.  I am devoid of all that is before me;  devoid of every joy and good.

20.  Brahman is beyond the beyond. The person is beyond the beyond.  I am verily
beyond the beyond everything and beyond further.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
21. Devoid of all bodies am I.   Bereft of all actions, am I.  I am the peaceful Self of all
mantras, beyond all the inner faculties.   

22.  I am devoid of all invocations.  I am the illuminator of all the gods. I am the Self devoid of all ablutions.  I am the one, the foremost and without a second.

23.  In the sacred center of the Self, in the sacred waters of the Self, in the mind overcome by the bliss of the Self, realizing that I am the Self alone, I repose and revel
in the Self.

24. The Self alone is the enjoyment for the Self, the contented Self, the happy Self.
The Self alone is the Self of the Self.  The Self alone am I, the supreme.

25.  I am the Self, I am the Self that I am.  I am the Self not of the world.  I am the Self of all. I am the perpetual Self. I am the eternal Self different from qualities. 

26.  Meditate thus regularly.  Meditate always thus for accomplishment. The goal is ever attained as simply awareness.  That is just certitude.  Even that certainty shall subside. Be happy by yourself.

27.  O Lord!  The innumerable Vedas with their diverse branches proclaim you alone,
the only one, variously as Vishnu, Indra, Brahma, Yama the god of Death, Agni the fire god, Vayu the god of air, the Lord of beings and the Lord of the hosts.

Thus conclude chapter 28 entitle 'The topic of the Self being without characteristics', in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Rahasyam.

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2017, 01:23:17 PM »
Chapter 29:

1. Ribhu:  That which is exceedingly full of 'That' I shall tell you. Even for Yogis it is hard to attain.  It is a secret hard to find in the Vedas and the Sastras and among the gods.

2.  That which is the supreme Brahman, the Self of everything, the embodiment of Being Consciousness Bliss, the Self of all, verily the supreme - be ever full of That.

3.  Of the form of the Self is all this, without beginning or end, the invincible, which is neither action nor inaction - be ever full of That.

4.  That in which there is no fear of the second, wherein awakens non duality, wherein, the pair of peace and peace-less-ness are absent - be ever full of That.

5. That in which there is nothing that ills, wherein delusion is unknown, wherein again the mind is naught - be ever full of That.

6.  That in which there is nothing as 'in Brahman', wherein there is neither the false notion of 'in becoming'm wherein the entire world is naught - be ever full of That.

7.  That which is thought and thoughtlessness or the wavering due to mental delusion,
wherein the talk of delusion are naught - be ever full of That.

8. That in which there is no pleasure, nothing to formulate  that 'I am the body' idea,
which is absolutely divested of all will - be ever full of That.

9.  That in which any thought devoid of Brahman and defects are unknown, wherein the apprehension of pairs of opposites are non existent - be ever full of That.

10.  That in which actions of speech and body and great periods of time have undergone dissolution, wherein the world does not manifest - be ever full of That.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »
11.  That in which there is no expression of delusion, nor the activity of illusion, where
the seen has disappeared - be ever full of That.

12.  That in which there is no scholar or scholarship, where there is no one's own
side or opposite side, where there is no defect or non defect - be ever full of That.

13. That in which there is no distinction such as Vishnu, in which Brahman does not
exist, where there is no distinction such as Siva - be ever full of That.

14.  That in which there is no distinctions as real and unreal, where there is no state of cognition, where there is no cognition of the individual - be ever full of That.

15.  That in which there is no meditation on Sankara, where there is no supreme state, no form of comprehension - be ever full of That.

16. That in which there is nothing atomic or cosmic, no fabrication of happiness, where the world becomes naught - be ever full of That.

17.  That in which there is no cognition of the body, in which there is no inquisitiveness, in which there is no conception of the mind - be ever full of That.

18.  That in which there is no intellectual knowledge, where there is no Self full of mind, where there is no conception of desire - be ever full of That.

19.  That in which there is no repose of liberation, where there is no form of bondage,
where there is no permanent knowledge - be ever full of That.

20.  That in which there is no calculation of time, where there is no feeling of sorrow,
where there is no perception of body - be ever full of That.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »
21.  That in which there is no dispassion of the individual soul, where there is no confusion of the scriptures, where I am of the Self, myself - be ever full of That.

22. That in which there is no liberation while alive, where there is no liberation of the body, where there is no proposed activity - be ever full of That.

23. That in which there is no conception of beings, wherein there is no influence of separation; wherein there is no distinction of individuals either - be ever full of That.

24.  That in which the state of bliss is Brahman, wherein the blissful state in joy,
wherein the quality of bliss is eternal - be ever full of That.

25.  That in which there is no manifestation of things, wherein there is no defeat or victory, wherein there is no narration of sentences - be ever full of That.

26.  That in which there is no branch of inquiry into the Self, wherein there is no yearning to listen, wherein there is no great bliss too - be ever full of That.

27.  That in which there is no homogeneity, wherein there is no heterogeneity, wherein there is no difference within - be ever full of That.

28.  That in which there is no terrifying hell, wherein there is no wealth of heaven,
wherein there is no realm of Brahman - be ever full of That.

29.  That in which there is no union with Vishnu, wherein there is no Mount of Kailash,
where there is no sphere of the cosmic egg - be ever full of That.

30.  That in which there is no praise, wherein there is no slander, wherein there is no
defect of equanimity  - be ever full of That.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.