Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31489 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
Chapter 24:

1.  Ribhu:  I tell you again and again  the most supreme;  anything apart from the Self
is unreal by itself.  There is nothing to talk about unreal.  The real being ever present,
there is nothing to say about it.

2.  I shall speak of the determination of the Self unto the aspirant eagerly practicing
the knowledge of Brahman; even that at the immediate outset and with an auspicious
inauguration shall I preach.

3.  All is Brahman.  I alone am consciousness and nothing else in the least.  I alone
am the Consciousness Self.

4. I and mine are verily non existent.  There cannot be anything as 'I am illumined'.
I am pure. I am of the Brahman.  I am bliss, unborn and ungenerated.

5.  I am divine.  I am divine resplendence. I am the fourth state.  I am the present
and the future.  I am the ego born.  i am without remainder.  I am the innermost of the interior.

6.  I am immortal.  I am eternal.  I am totally the greatest.  I am of the highest and lowest forms. I am the essence of the eternal and the ephemeral.

7. I am without qualities and absence of qualities.  I am the essence of the fourth state and the absence of fourth state.  I am bereft of peace and the absence of peace.
I am the essence of knowledge and ignorance.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
8.  I am bereft if time and timelessness.  I am devoid of Self and non self.  I am without
any gain or unachieved and such.  I am the all round void and unconsumable.

9.  I am verily myself.  I am indeed the beyond and without beyond.  I am permanent.
I am without goal. I am the Self, not the all full.

10.  I am indeed from the expression 'et cetera'.  Neither am I the 'this is the first'.
I am freed from the phrases such as 'and so on';  bereft of all I am the invincible.

11.  I am gap-less. I am the past. I am the present. I am without existence.  I am without aim or attributes. Devoid of action, I am the quickly moving.

12.  I am devoid of forms of space and such.  I am of the form of space and the unswerving.  I am the innermost awareness.  I am devoid of the innermost.

13.  I am of the nature of all philosophies and devoid of all defects. I am never the liberated.  I am the never bound.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
14. Acting only thus always remember 'I am indeed Brahman'.  Even with this
much you will be emancipated for sure.

15.  I am just Consciousness.  I am verily Siva.  I am only blessedness ever.  I am of the form of truth.  I am liberated, ever unknown through speech. 

16.  I am ever the all round perfection, devoid of the adjuncts of knowledge.  I am devoid of the activity of mind.  There is nothing such as mind for me. 

17. What little there is, is non existent.  There is nothing as sweet speech. Something
dear to the Self or non self are in actuality non existent for me.

18. 'This sorrow, this pleasure, this shining am I' - is naught.  I am of the nature that is bereft of everything and the Consciousness that is devoid of everything.

19.  Indescribable am I, the indescribable.  I am the supreme Brahman, the essence.
I am Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.  I am indeed beyond the beyond.

20.  I am the Self of Consciousness being;  not the gross body ever, nor the subtle body nor the casual body.

21.  'I' renounced, I am the highest.  I am of the nature of Brahman, bereft of lust,
transcending differentiation of time and beyond the supreme.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2016, 12:30:27 PM »
22.  Brahman cannot be realized as 'this'' nor as I-ness nor as any type of attitude.
When all doubts are extinguished, that state is 'I am Brahman'.

23.  Certitude too I do not have in the least.  Being thoughtless I am always the un-decaying.  Consciousness am I.  Consciousness am I, Brahman. Consciousness am I,
ever.   

24.  Associated with such contemplation, leaving all doubt, be happy.  Renouncing all
association be unified with the Self always.

25, 26:  I shall tell you what association means.  The conviction 'I am Brahman;
I am the truth; I am the supreme Self; I alone am myself, by myself.

I am not the body, nor the vital airs, nor the pairs of opposites, nor the blemish-less
too'. Such alone is the true association - Sat Sangha.  This alone is without blemish.

27. Right association is great.  Meditation on Brahman is great. That is the lofty state.
I am that in which all the potencies are pacified.  I am Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »
28. I am divested of my own form.  I am divested of brooding etc.,  Such alone is the
true association.  Such alone is eternal. You are I.

29.  I am divested of all thoughts and all types of brooding. I am immortal, unborn,
eternal and beyond fear of death.

30. I am of the form of all round auspiciousness; always of an adorable nature. Though
with tarnished body, I am beyond blemish.  I am ever the follower of Brahman always.

31.  I am only unlimited  Being, with the form of true knowledge.  I am the interior of sound, without name and form.

32. I am completely without non difference, divested of beginning, middle or end.
Always practice only this with intensity and attain personal experience.

33.  Only by such regular disposition in the Self, be Self, be happy. By the attainment
of such happiness in the Self, rebirth does not occur.

34.  One becomes instantly liberated and firmly abides as the form of Brahman.  This universe is of the form of the Self.  I am of the great Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2016, 11:03:10 AM »
35.  The Self alone is, not another being.  Mind is the Self alone.  The Self alone shines as thought.  The Self alone shines as a kind of memory.

36.  The Self alone shines as thought; the Self alone ever as anger. Similarly,
listening is the Self alone and so is reflection of the Self only.

37.  Commencement is the Self, ever.  Conclusion is the Self alone.  The Self alone shines ever as the equal.  The Self alone is the unexpected fruit.

38.  The Self alone is like the praise.  The supreme Self alone is the account.  That which is embarked upon as wish is Brahman.  That which is initiated as wish is the supreme.

39.  The desire of the beyond is Brahman.  The potency of desire is Consciousness alone.  The power of desire-less-ness is the Self only.  The power of the desire of the
Beyond is undiminishing.

40.  The supreme Self is the sovereign.  The objects are of the supreme Self.  The
relationship is indeed the supreme Self. The purpose is the supreme Self.

41.  Brahman alone is the supreme association.  The fruits of action are associated
with Brahman.  Brahman alone shines as the product of delusion.  Pairs of opposites
are but Brahman, nothing else.

42. 'All is Brahman' -- such certitude is the bestower of instant liberation.  It abides as the quiescence associated with oscillation.  Verily, it the ripple-less quiescence.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2016, 03:12:45 PM »
43. (The Samadhi) associated with sound is Brahman, only.  Brahman is (the samadhi) associated with appearance.  Brahman is indeed the primal quiescence.   That is the intermediary quiescence.

44. Brahman alone is the Void for sure  That said, it is not able to be contemplated.
The absence of body conceit is the quiescence resulting from detachment.

45.  Subsidence with such disposition is the quiescence of liberation while alive.
Endless and all round peacefulness is the quiescence of liberation from body.

46. All of this is spoken for the practicing aspirants, this all comprehensive subject.
Forget all, forget. Renounce, again and again renounce.

47. Void of all thought I abide, verily liberated, forgetting that I do not abide thus
and also forgetting that I shine.

48.  Leave out the attitude 'Consciousness am I'. Forsake the disposition 'only Being am I', cast aside renunciation.  Leave alone meditation.

49.  Relinquishing everything in mind, quickly, let go remembrance also.  Even a speck of remembrance is like a great ocean of transmigration here.

50.  Even a trace of remembrance becomes great grief here. Relative existence is
the great defect and bondage. Mind means a hundred births.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2016, 11:00:56 AM »
51.  The knot of heart is the accumulated Karma of horrendous sins such as killing
a Brahmin etc.,  Only remembrance alone but naught else, is the cause of bondage and release here.

52.  This chapter of 'I am Brahman' destroys all sorrows; causes the subsidence of all worlds, confers instantaneous liberation, always.  Just by listening to this one becomes Brahman oneself.

53.  By devotion and steady meditation on the feet of Siva, worshipped by the lotus
eyed Hari, the mind overcomes its own intrinsic nature of endless vacillation in a myriad ways and becomes emancipated.  Such a one of great virtues and abiding devotion, renouncing all the trivial thought, achieves exalted peace and experiences
the love of Siva, the ocean of compassion. 

Thus concludes chapter twenty four, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha, entitled
'The topic of establishing 'I am Brahman', in the sixth amsa called Sankara in Sri
Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
Chapter 25:

1:

Ribhu:  I shall speak of the Self which is well known, the illuminator of all the worlds,
of all the forms, ever ready everywhere, solid and great.

2:  'That Brahman am I, there is no doubt of this' - be rooted in this certitude, eh!
Consciousness am I.  Consciousness am I.  Being the wonder, I alone am.

3. I am the God and limit of words.  Consciousness alone is mind and the Beyond.
Consciousness alone is the 'I', the supreme Brahman.  Consciousness alone is the state of all.

4.  This gross body is Consciousness alone.  The subtle body is only Consciousness indeed.  Consciousness alone is the instrument.  That I am.  The body is indeed Consciousness only.

5.  The undivided mode of mind, the best, the intermediary, the lowest, the bodiless
and I are Consciousness only.  The subtle body is indeed Consciousness alone.

6.  Consciousness alone is the cause.  That I am. The dullard is Consciousness alone.
I am Consciousness devoid of any attitude.  The blemish-less is only Consciousness.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »
7.  'Existence is Brahman' - is indeed naught.  'Brahman is non existent' - is verily
naught, 'Being and non being' are verily naught,  I am indeed Consciousness alone.

8. All is indeed non existent, verily non existent. 'Being with form' - is non existent,
indeed.  What little there is, is non existent.  I am indeed Consciousness only.

9.  Harmony and opposition, and denunciation in the beginning, middle or end -
all being only of the form of Consciousness, are only I, verily awareness alone.

10.  All that is ordinary, real and unreal, cause, effect, and agent - all are indeed
non existent, simply non existent.  Verily I alone am.

11.  Impurity, purity, non duality, duality, the one and the many -- all are indeed
non existent,  Verily, I alone am.

12. The unreal and the real, what are not pairs of opposites, what are pairs of opposites and that which is higher than the supreme -- all are just non existent.
Verily, I alone am.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »
13.  The past, present, the future, delusion and non delusion, equality and inequality
-- all are just non existent, simply non existent. Verily, I alone am.

14.  A moment, a trice and a wink of Brahman, the word 'you' and the word 'that' --
all are just non existent, simply non existent.  Verily, I alone am.

15.  The word 'you' and even the word 'That', and their unification are indeed, I alone.
All are indeed non existent, verily non existent. Indeed I alone am.

16. Bliss, supreme bliss, the complete bliss, the true and the great -- are all indeed
non existent, verily non existent.  Indeed I alone am.

17.  I am Brahman.  This is Brahman, of Brahman is the transcendental syllable.
All are indeed non existent, verily non existent. Indeed I alone am.

18.  Vishnu alone is the supreme Brahman. Siva is Brahman - that I am.  All are indeed non existent, verily non existent.  Indeed I alone am.

19.  The ear is Brahman, the supreme Brahman.  The sound is Brahman; the auspicious word.  All are indeed non existent, verily non existent. Indeed I alone
am.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2016, 10:42:19 AM »
20.  'Touch' is Brahman; the word is 'skin'.  Skin and Brahman are together.  All are
indeed non existent, verily non existent.  Indeed I alone am.

21.  By the divine sight alone the supreme Brahman is to be realized.  All indeed are
non existent, verily non existent.  Indeed I alone am.

22.  Brahman is everything, ever only Being Consciousness Bliss.  All are indeed non
existent, verily non existent. Indeed I alone am.

23.  I am just Bliss, full of consciousness, this universe, ever this. All are indeed non existent, simply non existent.  Verily I alone am.

24. Whatever in the least there is, it is all Brahman indeed.  That Brahman I am.
There is no doubt of this.  All are indeed non existent, simply non existent.  Verily
I alone am.

25.  Whatever name is uttered through speech and whatever thought of by the
mind, all are indeed non existent, simply non existent.  Verily, I alone am.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »
26.  Whatever us created by cause, whatever remains as quiescent always, whatever
is enjoyed by the body, whatever imagined through senses  - all are indeed non
existent, simply non existent, simply non existent.  Verily, I alone am.

27.  Whatever action is ordained in the Vedas as mandatory, whatever is instructed,
whatever is instructed by the Guru as philosophy, whatever illuminates the pure and
impure,

28.  the notion if desire and such, the notion of Brahman and other gods as separate,
the notion of those liberated while alive, the notion of those liberated from the body,

29.  the notion 'This is Brahman', the notion of chosen ones among knowers of Brahman, the concept of the greater, the notion of the best,

30.  the determination 'I am Brahman', the ideation that 'I am Consciousness',
the concept of the great knoweldge', the ideation of 'the great illusion',

31.  the concept of 'the great void', the ideation of the 'great thought', the concept of
'the great world', the ideation of the 'great truth',

32.  the concept of 'the great form', the ideation of 'the great thought', the concept of 'the great form', the mind stuff that creates all concepts, the mind that creates all
thought,

33.  are all only non existent, indeed non existent.  All are indeed Brahman only.
All duality is the form of the mind.  All sorrow is the form of the mind.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »
34.  Consciousness alone am I.  There is no doubt of this.  This triad of worlds is
consciousness alone.  Whatever little speech there be, whatever little japa by the
mind, whatever little action of the mind - all are Brahman alone.

35. 'All is naught' is the true mantra.  The individual is of the form of Brahman.
'Brahman is all this' is the best of all the great mantras.

36.  The unuttered mantra is the true mantra.  Absence of thought is supreme and grand. The conviction 'All is Brahman' - this is indeed the supreme state.

37. The certitude that all is Brahman is the glorification of Mahadeva.  The certitude
that all is Brahman is equal to the great worship of Siva.

38.  The experience that all is Brahman is the form of everything.  There is no doubt of this.   The conviction that all is Brahman is described as true renunciation.

39.The conviction that all is Brahman routs the presence and the absence of modes of mind.  The determination that all is Brahman is verily Mahadeva for sure.     

40.  The certitude that all is Brahman disentangles one from the reality of time.
The conviction that all is Brahman sets free from the realty of bodily existence.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
41.  The determination that all is Brahman is the embodiment of Existence Knowledge
Bliss.  I am everything, indeed, Brahman alone.  All is indeed Brahman alone.

42.  Whatever trifle of 'this' there is, that is Brahman only.  There is no doubt of this.
The woes of hell are apprehension.  Heaven too is an illusion.

43.  Brahma and Vishnu are illusory.  The form of Siva is illusory.  The various lordships such as Virat, Svarat, and Samrat and the inner being connecting all - these too are only illusory.

44.  The gods and the actions of gods, the motions of the sun and the moon, the saintly munis, the progenitors Manus, the Siddhas of extraordinary powers are only
illusory. There is no doubt of this.

45.  All the gods and demons are illusory and so also are their fights and births.  The incarnations of Vishnu and the legends thereof are just illusory.

46.  The creative deeds of Brahma, the stories of Rudra are fully illusory.  The fourteen fold worlds are due to illusion.   

47.  The categories of castes and orders of life are only illusion.  There is no doubt of this.  The propitiation of Brahma, Vishnu, Isa and Rudra are only illusion.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.