Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 30922 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2016, 11:54:28 AM »
9-12:  I am Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.  I am indeed the highest Guru.
I am tranquil.  I am pure.  I am indeed different from the qualities; transcending
the qualities; transcending the humanity; transcending the supreme; transcending
the mind; transcending feeling; transcending the mind;  transcending the Vedas;
surpassing the learned; surpassing the body and such, and the states of waking,
dream, and deep sleep; surpassing the unmanifest and transcendent -- such alone is the certitude of knowledge. Renouncing by and by and leaving everything one should be like a mute.

13-14:  The quiescent Brahman, the supreme Brahman, the eternal Brahman is oneself. Even an atom of glory of such a Jnani is distinctly clear.  Even Hari and Hara
or Brahma or the celestial beings cannot describe it even in hundreds of crores
of Kalapas of time.

15-16:  The knowledge 'I am Brahman' is hard to find in the three words. It is hard
to serve the feet, or converse with or even to just have a look at such great ones
of right discrimination abiding in Brahman alone.  If by chance one has a bath
in the waters sanctified by the touch of such ones, one becomes Brahman oneself.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »
17.  All is illusory. Of this there is no doubt.  All is, indeed, Brahman alone.  This topic
is said to be the summary of all schools of philosophy.

18. The person who attains Brahman by the study of this with earnest devotion is a rare
one. I say to you, all is Brahman, not something else.  All the world is a myth.

19-20:  Brahman alone is of the form of the world. Brahman alone is the supreme
state.  I alone am the supreme Brahman, devoid of even this 'I', the consciousness
purged of everything; the awareness bereft of everything; the peaceful Self denuded
of everything; the personification of auspiciousness.

21. I am Brahman, the supreme Brahman.  'This' is not real, not mine, not mine.
The past or future are not for me. No castes for me.  There is no doubt of this.

22. Brahman alone am I. The paltry is not for me.  I am Brahman, the paramount
penance.  All this is the form of Brahman, of the nature of painless Brahman.       

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
23.  Brahman alone shines among differences.  Brahman alone; not another.  It is
the supreme.  The Self alone manifests as the duality.  The Self alone is the supreme
state.

24. Brahman indeed is without distinction.  Differentiation is the worst fear. The
Self alone am I.  I am blemish-less.  The Self alone is the three worlds.

25.  The Self alone is everywhere, not another.  All is Brahman and none else.  I alone shine ever. Brahman alone am I.   The supreme am I.

26. I am the supreme Brahman without impurities and bereft of activity.  I am ever
of the pure and singular form;  ever the consciousness alone.

27.  I am the supreme Brahman, the certainty.  I am the truth.  I am everything.
I am the imperishable, the supreme Brahman.   I am Siva.  I am the pinnacle.

28. I am uniform. I am peaceful.  I manifest as 'that', the undiminishing consciousness.  I am eternal and ever Brahman indeed, ever with the character of
just consciousness.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2016, 11:09:38 AM »
29.  Ever of the undivided nature am I;  ever devoid of measure.  Ever of the
pure and singular form am I;  ever the consciousness alone.

30. Ever of the nature of true measure am I; ever the illuminator of existence.
Ever of the form of philosophy am I; ever pious and auspicious.

31.  One who is convinced thus is liberated.  One who is ever like this is choicest.
One who is with this attitude, is indeed the supreme Brahman, ever.

32.  One who has the conviction 'I am Brahman' alone is the wise one, whose Self is
Brahman.  He alone is the man in this world who is settled, as 'I am Brahman'.

33.  He alone is the man, the sage; the one who is liberated while alive, the Self.
Brahman alone am I, the great Self, the embodiment of Being Consciousness-Bliss.

34.  I am not the individual.  I have no differences.  I am not thought nor do I have
any mind.  I am not flesh nor do I have bones nor am I the body with ego.

35.  I am not the one who measures.  I am not that which is measured.  I am not all.
I am the supreme.  I am of the form of complete knowledge.  I am not all at any time.

36.  I am not the dead.  I have not another life. I am not just consciousness.  I am
not that which is spoken of.  I am not the liberated.  I am not the enlightened, for ever.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2016, 11:35:41 AM »
37.  I am not void.  I am not a fool.  I am not at all.  I am transcendent.
Ever Brahman alone am I.  I am not the essence, Sadasiva.

38.  I am not the nose, nor I am the scent.  I am not the symbol. I have none who is dear.  I am not an individual. I am not the essence; nor am I Varuna (god of rain and
water) or the planets. 

39.  Brahman alone am I.  There is no doubt of this.  I have no name and form in the least. I am not the ears.  I am not the sound.  I am not the cardinal directions or the witness.

40.  Neither am I nor are you, nor is the heaven.  I am neither the air nor the witness. I am neither the organ of excretion nor the excretion; neither death nor the witness.

41.  I am not the genitals nor the pleasure thereof.  I am not the god Prajapati.
All is Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.  All is indeed Brahman.

42.  I am not the mind or the thought; nor am I the moon or the witness. I am not the sense of intellect or Brahma.  I am not of a definite form.

43. I am not the ego or Rudra; neither am I the conceit or the witness.  I am not the
mind.  I am neither Vasudeva, the supporter, nor am I this Isvara.

44.  I am not the waking consciousness, Visva, or the waking state.  I have no gross body anywhere.  I am not the individual reflection nor am I of the transaction.

45.  I am not the Lord in the highest sense. I am not the inert sheath of food.
I am not the sheath of vital air.  I am not the sheath of mind.

46. I am not the sheath of intellect.  I am not the sheath of bliss. Brahman alone
am I.  There is no doubt of this.  I have no name and form at all.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »
47.  Whatever has been uttered so far in terms of name and form, all of it should
be forgotten in a trice and cast aside like a scrap of wood or junk metal.

48, 49.  All of this is ever unreal;  always like the son of a barren woman.  This is
nothing but the horn of a hare. That is just like the horn of a man; like a flower of the
sky; just like a mirage; like the imaginary city and just like wizardry. 

50.  Whatever is regarded in the form of the five elements is only unreal always.
Duality plays role only at the time of initiating the disciple.  It has no true significance.

51. When the mother is dead, people are hired for crying therefore is only acting,
not real.  The five elements too is like the wailing unreal.

52.  This is the non duality enunciated by me. Forsaking everything, remain like a wall. Be of the firmness 'I am Brahman'. Be of the disposition 'I alone am'.                     

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2016, 09:33:37 AM »
53.  I alone am Bliss.  I alone am, nothing else.  I am consciousness alone,
Brahman alone - be of such certainty.

54.  I blemishless, pure.  I am different from the individual soul.  I am Brahman
only, the Self of all, resplendent as 'I'.

55. I alone am, just consciousness. I alone am the attribute-less. I am Brahman,
the intellect of all.  Just as consciousness alone am I, the ever auspicious. 

56. I am of the form of the eternal auspiciousness, the person who is ever the all
full liberation. Being of this certitude always, ever abide in yourself, by yourself.

57. Brahman alone am I.  There is no doubt of this. Name and form are nowhere
in the least.  This form of topic is hard to be found in all Vedas.  The rare one
who hears this even once, indeed himself becomes Brahman.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2016, 03:17:14 AM »
58. The twice born wise realize Him through the glorifying utterances of Vedas
and other texts, by performing great sacrificial rituals and by consuming only the
food sanctified thus;  by observing sacred vows; by charity; by fasting;  by practicing
the Yogic methods such as Yama, etc, To that fore of Manmatha, the love god, worship
of His Linga is the most pleasing to His heart.  By that alone, Isvara readily bestows
the knowledge that destroys all delusion.

Thus concludes the chapter 22, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagaha entitled
Topic of the abandonment of name and form in the sixth amsa called Sankara of
Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2016, 03:32:27 AM »
Chapter 23:

1. Ribhu:  Listen O Nidagha!  I shall explain to you that which is hard to obtain
in all the worlds.  This is Brahman.  The supreme is Brahman; it is only Being
Consciousness Bliss.

2.  The diverse peoples of the world, the diversity due to cause and effect -- anything
other than Brahman is all unreal;  it is only Being Consciousness Bliss.

3. I am Brahman, always Brahman.  I am indeed Brahman alone.  Time is Brahman.
A moment is Brahman.  I am Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.

4.  The Veda is Brahman.  The supreme is Brahman. Truth is Brahman, the higher than the highest.  Hamsa is Brahman.  Hari is Brahman. Siva is Brahman, the
never diminishing consciousness.

5.  All the Upanishads are Brahman.  Homogeneity is Brahman.  I am uniform.
The unborn is Brahman.  The essence is Brahman. Sky is Brahman which is the
beyond the beyond.

6. A tiny moment is Brahman. Mind is Brahman. The single is Brahman, ever joyous.
This is Brahman, the highest Brahman.  Knowledge is Brahman, ever the sacred repetition.

7. I am indeed Brahman, the letter 'a'.  The letter 'u' am I.  There is no doubt of this.
The letter 'm' am I, Brahman indeed, the mantra (Aum), Brahman mantra supreme.

8.  I alone am the Brahman syllable 'si'; Brahman syllable 'vaa' only, and the
syllable 'ya' is ever.  I am the five syllable Panchakshara supreme.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »
9.  Exhalation is Brahman, Being is Brahman.  Inhalation is Brahman always.
Kumbhaka is Brahman, I, am the all. Comprehensive retention is Brahman always.

10.  Brahman alone is, nothing else. All that is Being-Consciousness-Bliss.  One who
is convinced thus is instantly liberated indeed.  There is no doubt of this.

11, 12. Some idiots, super buffoons, worst fellows even, yea, great clowns supreme.
None of their lot for me. I am just knowledge.

13.  Everything being only consciousness and bliss.  I have no fear.  Indeed, even
'I am' naught and there is no such thing as the highest.

14.  Brahman alone is and nothing else. All that is but Being Consciousness Bliss
transcending time, transcending joy, the all transcending and beyond.

15.  Transcending the eternal and the impermanent Brahman, the unlimited  alone is.
Brahman alone is, but nothing else. Whatever there is, is just Being Consciousness Bliss.

16.  The intellectual conviction that duality is real and the dualistic mentality --
do not remember them.  All is indeed Brahman; there is nothing separate. All
is indeed Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
17,18: Transcending intellect, transcending mind,  transcending Vedas, higher
than this; transcending oneself, transcending humanity, transcending the beings
and attribute-less; transcending inertness of wood, transcending parts, transcending
dance, the highest joy - perceive all as Brahman and be of Brahman alone.

19.  Be of Brahman, ever.  Just Consciousness am I; there is no doubt of this.
I am only the joyous light, the bliss of my own Self alone.

20. I am the Self that is just blissful void. Remember that I am Consciousness alone.
I am just Being here, ever distinct from time and attribute.

21.  I am of the form of the eternal Being, just the Self that is pure bliss.  I am of
the form that is world-less; just Being Consciousness Bliss.

22.  I am just the bliss of conviction. I am just the bliss of unitariness. I am just
the highest bliss. Indeed, the total bliss am I.

23.  I am versed in the extent of duality.  I am of the character of the soverign
state.  Achieving this conviction, be as you please in all the triads.

24-26:  Being the Self of the nature of firm conviction filled with the Reality of firm
conviction, being the peaceful Self of firm conviction, with a mind of firm conviction,
being the all full Self of firm conviction, being the individual Self of firm conviction,
being the auspicious one of firm conviction, being the individual Self of firm conviction
-- all doubts are destroyed thus.  Firm conviction alone is the hall mark of the knowledge of Brahman here.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »
27. Firm conviction alone is the criterion of verbal knowledge. 
Firm conviction alone is the cause for the wealth of liberation here.

28. The abidance that Brahman alone am I, should be the practice always --
Brahman alone am I.  There is no doubt of this.  Being Consciousness Bliss alone
am I.

29.  'I am of the nature of Self that is Bliss.  Nothing else exists' -
feel thus.  Then renouncing even that abide as the one alone.

30.  Thereupon, forsaking even that ever remain attribute-less. Renouncing even
that the attribute-less-ness, thereafter, one should transcend speech.

31.  Renouncing even the transcendence of speech rest just being consciousness
alone.  Renouncing even that transcendence of the Self, have succor in just Brahman.

32. Renouncing being just consciousness too, to be supported by complete quiescence. Renouncing the complete quiescence also, be of the great quiescence.

33. Renouncing the great quiescence too take refuge in quiescence of mind.  Renouncing the quiescence of mind too, take up the quiescence of jiva.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »
34.  Renouncing the quiescence of jiva rest in the void of jive.  Renouncing the
rejection of the void, be as you are.

35.  Renouncing even the abidance, go beyond speech and mind.  Thereafter,
there is nothing to say nor there is anything to perceive.

36. Or else, renounce every thing.  'Brahman alone am I' - proclaim thus.
Remember always. Reflect always.  Ever meditate upon the attribute-less.

37. Ever abide as the knower of the Truth, ever the wise one, ever the supreme.
Ever blissful, ever transcendent, ever faultless,

38.  ever serene, ever contented, ever effulgent, ever the quintessence, ever the
eternal, ever pure, ever enlightened, ever merged,

39.  ever Brahman, ever joyous, ever blissful, ever the supreme, ever oneself,
ever the void, ever calm, ever auspicious,

40.  ever everything, ever the friend, ever the ablution, ever the sacred repetition,
ever forgetting everything, ever renouncing the vow of silence.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2016, 02:19:30 PM »
41.  Renouncing affinity to the body, renouncing mental realities, -- always be thus
alone - I am the Self I am myself.

42.  Abiding thus, you will be liberated without having to do anything.  What little there is, is all Brahman only, just Being Consciousness Bliss.

43.  I am Brahman.  This is Brahman.  You are Brahman without a break.  You are that, which is revealed by Prajnanam Brahman (Awareness is Brahman.).  You are only Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.

44.  Achieving firm certitude thus, bring blessedness to yourself.  Brahman is ornament of the mind, it is the supreme ornament of the mind.

45.  The doer is the ornament of the mind.  I am indeed Brahman that watches everything. Brahman alone is Being Consciousness Bliss; the embodiment of Being
Consciousness Bliss.

46.  Being Consciousness Bliss is everything. Being Consciousness Bliss alone is.
The individual is Being Consciousness Bliss, the embodiment of Being Consciousness
Bliss, the embodiment of Being Consciousness Bliss.

47. Non duality is Being Consciousness Bliss.  The auspiciousness - bestowing Sankara is Being Consciousness Bliss. Enjoying is Being Consciousness Bliss.

48.  The all full self is Being Consciousness Bliss.  The generative cause is Being
Consciousness Bliss.  The sport of Being Consciousness Bliss is the Self.  Being
Consciousness Bliss is the treasure.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »
49.  All the limbs are Being Consciousness Bliss.  Being Consciousness Bliss is sandal
paste.  Philosophical theory is Being Consciousness Bliss.  The cause of Vedas is Being
Consciousness Bliss.

50.  The import of the scriptures is Being Consciousness Bliss.  The sacred text
is Being Consciousness Bliss.  The sacred oblation is Being Consciousness Bliss.  The king is Being Consciousness Bliss.

51, 52:  The all full Being Consciousness Bliss is the Self. That which fulfills is Being
Consciousness Bliss.  Being Consciousness Bliss is reality only, even if read by
dullards. Even if this be imparted to fools, it can remain only pure.  For those on the
path of knowledge, this stands appropriate.  People of discrimination should not interact with those indulging in sense objects.

53.  The rare one who hears this but once becomes oneself Brahman. If a woman
aspires to learn this, it can be so through the mouth of a Brahmin.

54.  All being consciousness, differences such as females is not recognized.   
A twice born Brahmin without knowledge is not a Brahmin even if endowed with the
study of the Vedas.

55. Brahman alone is the sacred thread that binds those aspire after liberation. The
entire secret has been told  by none other than Sankara.

56. The enjoyment of the fruits resulting from the worship of the lotus feet of the moon crowned Lord Siva, is not possible by following diverse ways of Yoga or listening
to sacred texts, let alone pious activity.  Whereas, even if a rock can be inspired into such spiritual path by grace, which is possible only through the inner experience resulting from a prudent training of the mind.  To the unattached one reveling in
Siva, the mass of non sensory solitary bliss - what is there left to be received?

Thus concludes chapter 23, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagaha, entitled 'The topic of secret instruction'  in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam..

Concluded.

Arunachala Siva.