Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31567 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
31.  The Self alone is the Supreme Brahman.  I am the Self alone - there is no doubt of this.
The Self alone is the supreme abode.  The Self alone is the supreme Self.

32.  The Self alone is the form of the individual soul.  The Self alone is the embodiment of Isvara.
The Self alone is the Blissful Hari, (Vishnu).  The Self alone is verily oneself.

33.  The Self alone is a mass of bliss.  The Self alone is this happiness always.  The Self alone is the ever-
pure Self.  The Self is indeed the world and the supreme.

34.  The Self alone is the Self of five elements.  The Self alone is the light of the Self.  The Self alone is ever,
not another.  The Self alone is the undiminishing and the Supreme.

35. The Self indeed is the Self that illumines the Self.  The Self alone is the un-diminishing, sovereign Lord.
The Self alone is the knowledge of Brahman.  The Self alone is I, and, indeed you too.

36.  The Self alone is supreme bliss.  I am the Self full of the world. I am the Self alone. illuminator of the world. I am naught else but the Self.

37.  The Self alone is the bath for the Self. The Self alone is the incantation of the Self.  The Self alone
is the joy of the Self.  The Self alone is the beloved of the Self, ever.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
38.  The Self alone is the Self eternal.  The Self alone illuminates the qualities.  The Self alone is of the form
of the fourth state.  The Self is all transcending and beyond that.

39.  The Self alone is the eternal and perfect Self.  I am the Self alone - there is no doubt.  You and I are
the Self, indeed the Self.  All is only the Self.

40.  I am eternal. I am the eternally perfect.  I am eternal, ever and anon.  I am the Self alone; the world
is not different; the immortal and ancient Self.

41.  I am the ancient. I am the Purusha (God) and the Lord.  I am beyond the beyond.  I am Parameswara.
I am the bestower of worldly existence.  I am the destroyer of worldly existence.  I am the granter of
happiness and the form of non dual happiness.

42.  I am Bliss. I am endless. I am immortal - there is no doubt of this.  I am birth-less. I am of the form
of the Self.  There is naught else that is lovable. 

43.  I am Brahman alone.  This is Brahman.  All is the undiminshing Brahman always.  There is never the word 'all'.  'All' is always naught.

44. I am attributeless. I am support-less.  I am ever non existent.  There is no cause for calamity at all.
There is not a trifling of delusive affects.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »
45.  There is never any potency of ignorance.  I am Brahman - there is no doubt of this.  All is Brahman,
the space of consciousness.  That alone am I - there is no doubt.

46.  That alone am I. And, I am myself.  The Beyond also am 'I', the supreme Lord.  I am the possessor
of knowledge (or, Vidyadhara, a class of celestial beings).  There is nothing like knowledge and ignorance.

47. I am consciousness; I am the consciousness ever.  I am the fourth state; cause of the fourth state;
the supreme. All is Brahman only, only Brahman. All is Brahman, I am, - always.

48.  There is not a trifle other than me. And there is no Brahman anywhere outside me. Apart from me,
there is nothing supreme.  Apart from me there is no any state of consciousness.

49.  There is no state of reality apart from me. For me there is no state of consciousness outside me.
There is no dwelling other than me.  Apart from me there is no Brahman even.

50.  There is no cause apart from me. Apart from me there is not even an atom.  Apart from me there is
no serenity.  Apart from me there is no purity.

51.  Apart from me there is no sanctity.  Apart from me there is no word as 'that'.  Neither there is
righteousness apart from me nor there is everything.

52.  Anything apart from me here is only unreal.  Anything outside me is only illusory. Anything and
everything that shines other than me are like horns of hare.   

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2016, 10:52:45 AM »
53.  If anything shines apart from me, it is due to illusion.  Anything apart from me is like magic.  There is
no doubt apart from me, nor there is 'cause and effect'  apart from me.

54.  All this is just Brahman; I am He - this is the meditation.  All this is spoken by the Lord. Such alone
must be the certitude.

55.  Why repeat this so much.  O Yogi?  Have this certitude ever. The rare one who attains this conviction
becomes Brahman oneself.

56.  This world of forests and hills is not apart from Sankara.  This world of demons is verily that Lord of gods.
It is revealed to the subtle intellect that the body, mind and movements, the sheaths and the one who
shines amidst there is but He, the supreme Siva.

57.  The eyes, the ears, the mind and the vital airs manifest from the expanse of the heart within.  Inspired
by the latent tendencies they course through and in the end merge therein alone.  Then the mind becomes
illumined as the Heart that is inaccessible to the senses, the speech and the mind.  Such nectar of Brahman
alone is referred to as the consort of mountains born Girija (Siva).

Thus concludes the chapter 18, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha entitled 'The dialogue between
Ribhu and Nidagha in the 6th amsa called Sankara in Sri Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2016, 10:50:40 AM »
Chapter  19:

!. Ribhu:  I shall expound the bliss of Brahman, which is rarely found in the three worlds.  By hearing
of that, one can achieve perpetual freedom.

2.  I am only the Self that is supreme bliss, ever just bliss alone.  I am of the nature of absolute bliss.
The world is fully Consciousness-Bliss.

3.  I am ever endless, unending.  This world is Knowledge Bliss.  I am of the nature of enlightened bliss.
This mind is eternal bliss.

4. I am singular bliss alone.  I am the knower of unitariness.  Cultivate this attitude for the sure subsidence
of the world. 

5. I am ever the truth, the light of transcendence, ever the qualities such as Truth etc., ever the Self devoid
of truth etc; ever the light, the adorable.

6.  The Self as the illusory world is naught.  The illusory mind stuff is naught.  The Self with the appellation
of illusion is naught.  The rogue of a mind is naught.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »
7.  The very foolish in the world are non existent.  The most foolish people there are none.  I alone am
the supreme Brahman.  I alone am verily Myself, ever.

8.  'Here' and 'beyond' are non existent.  Just I alone am.  I am Brahman, the pure.  All is indeed
Brahman only.

9.  The whole world is ever non existent.  Thought alone is the world in full.  Thought alone is said to be
the world. Thought alone is the cause of the body.

10.  Thought alone is the great folly. Thought alone is the small  boy.  Thought alone is this great
soul.  Thought alone is the great unreality.

11. Thought alone is the illusory Self always.  Thought is like the hare's horn.  'Thought is naught' -
is ever true.  Thought is like the son of a barren woman.

12.  Thought is void - there is no doubt of this.  Brahman alone is the whole world.  Verily, I alone
am consciousness.  I am attribute-less indeed.

13. Mind alone is the transmigratory existence.  Mind alone is the circle. Mind alone is the bondage.
Mind alone is sin.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »
14.  Mind alone is great sorrow.  Mind alone is the cause of body.  Mind alone is said to be the world.
Mind alone is the body.

15.  Mind alone is the great serenity.  Mind alone is the four headed Brahma.  Indeed, mind alone is
Hari.  Mind alone is known as Siva.

16. Mind alone is said to be magic.  Only mind is will.  Mind alone is great sin.  Mind alone is the evil one.   

17.  Mind alone is said to be the all.  Mind alone is the great fear.  Mind alone is the supreme Brahman.
Mind alone is the unitariness.

18. Mind alone is the form of consciousness.  Mind alone is the cause of the mind.  Consciousness alone
is the supreme form.  Consciousness alone is the supreme state.

19.  I am verily the supreme Brahman right now.  I alone am the supreme Brahman.  I alone am the satisfied
Self.  I am the embodiment of bliss.

20.  I am the Self with fully grown intellect, ever un-moving and blemish-less. I alone am the peaceful
Self.  I am devoid of beginning and end.

21.  I alone am the resplendent Self.  I am indeed Brahman alone.  I am eternal - there is no doubt of this.
I am always adorable to the intellect.

Contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »
22.  I alone am. I alone am; the One. I alone am all, the immortal. I alone am the self agreement.
I alone cause acceptability.

23. I alone am. You are only I, the Self of all, devoid of all.  I am the Supreme Brahman.  I am indeed
beyond the beyond.

24.   I have no ego. I have no sorrow. I have no blemish. I have no pleasure. I have no intellect.
I have no thought.  I have no body, I have no sense.

25. I have no lineage.  I have no eye.  I have nothing that is suitable.  Not a blade of grass there is for me.
I have no repetition or the sacred syllables. I have no world nor do I have a friend.

26. I have no relation.  I have no enemy.  I have no mother nor do I have a father.  I have nothing to
be enjoyed nor there is an enjoyer for me. I have no occupation.  I have no caste.

27.  I have no race.  I have no creed. I have no ears.  I have nothing whatsoever.  I have no exterior.
I have no intellect.  No position for me nor age.

28.  I have no meaning.  I have no world.  I have no peace.  I have no community.  I have no anger.
I have no lust. I am Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2016, 03:33:21 PM »
29.  By being Brahman alone I am just myself only. I have no attachment or greed.  I have no hymn or
recollection.

30.  I have no delusion.  I have no craving.  I have no friendship. I have no quality.  I have no sheath.
I have no childhood.  I have no youth or dotage.

31. Everything being the one form of Brahman, it is certain that oneness is Brahman.  There is nothing
beyond Brahman.  There is not a whit other than Brahman.

32. Other than Brahman 'this' is non existent.  Other than Brahman this is naught.  Apart from the Self
there is never anything.  I am Self alone.  There is no doubt about this.

33.  Other than the Self there is no happiness.  Other than the Self I am not.  I am bereft of anything to be
grasped or any one to grasp.  I am devoid of renunciation or anything to renounce.

34.  I have nothing to renounce nor is there anything to acquire.  I have neither bondage nor liberator.
I have nothing to see.  I have nothing inferior.  I have nothing that is the superior, nor there is slander.

35. I have no strength.  I have no caste such as the brahmin or chandala, outcaste.  I have nothing  to
drink nor do I have shortness.  I have no deterioration nor do I have poltency.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »
36.  I have no power. I have no food.  I have no divinity.  I have no separateness.  Being only Brahman
alone and the eternal alone, there is nothing whatsoever apart from me.

37. I have no path, nor do I have any illusion.  I have no truth, nor body anywhere.  There is no 'I'.
Why, even the name Brahman there is none.

38.  Whatever worlds there are, whatever wise words of the Guru there be, all that is Brahman, I am
indeed.  All that is regarded as awareness.

39.  Brahman  is awareness, full of awareness; existence, full of existence always. One alone is Brahman
oneself. One alone is the supreme oneself.

40.  One alone is liberation oneself.  Oneself is the intersticeless. Oneself is knowledge.  Oneself is
non existentialism.

41.  Oneself is ever the essence. One alone is beyond oneself.  Oneself is the void self.  Oneself is the
plunderer of mind.

42. Abidance in silence alone is holy bath.  Abidance in silence alone is repetition of Mantra.  Abidance
in silence alone is ceremonial worship.  Abidance in silence alone is supreme.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
43.  Inquire into the mind ever and be of the certitude 'I am Brahman'.  I am Brahman - there is no
doubt about this.  Such a silent abidance is Japa (repetition of Mantra.)

44.  All is Brahman, nothing else exists.  All is full of knowledge - this is penance.  There is nothing as
'oneself alone'.  Of the form of the all-transcending am I.

45.  I transcend speech. Repetition of words aloud is futile.  This is the highest significance of the mind.
Such distinctions are not for me.

46.  All the beings are corpses.  Everything put together is a corpse.  The world is unreal.  The universe
is all unreal.

47.  The existence of a thing apart is not true.  Speech being unreal has no existence. Existence is of the form
of the unreal.  Brahman alone is ever by itself.

48.  The Vedas and their limbs are unreal.  The conclusions of the scriptures are unreal.  This listening
is verily unreal.  Contemplation on that is unreal.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2016, 09:14:04 AM »
49.  One-pointedness of meditation too is unreal. Classification into a group of like traits is unreal.
Classes of different traits is said to be unreal.  This is the truth, the truth.  There is no doubt of this.
All is Brahman, ever Brahman, the one Brahman, the undiminishing consciousness.

50.  This universe is verily the product of the sport of consciousness. It blossoms in fullness by the grace
of the Overlord of the universe, not by another means.  Liberation results by following the sacred words
of the crest of the Vedas -- the Upanishads and by acting according to the mandates outlined in the
scriptures.

The chapter 19 concludes, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha, entitled 'The topic of Brahman bliss'
in the sixth amsa of Sri Siva Rahastyam.

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2016, 10:57:31 AM »
Chapter 20:

1.  Listen to this one and the only, intensive, secretive and the supremely wondrous,
most mysterious and the ever and instantly liberation conferring.

2.  Easy is the knowledge of Brahman, easy, auspicious and the best.  It is easy for those travelling in Brahman; it is easy and bestows total knowledge of everything.

3.  It is easy for those accomplished ones who have fulfilled their duties, easy for those abiding in themselves.  It is easy and causeless, easy for those abiding in Brahman.

4. It is easy for those who bereft of thought, for those who are 'That' themselves by virtue of themselves, for those who are devoid of the transmigratory cycle. Thought
is said to be the recurrent cycle of life.

5. This world is not created.  It is only Brahman.  It is not the mind.  It is indeed
Brahman. There is no fear. It is Brahman alone, nothing else.

6.  All is unreal is indeed Brahman. Their support is Brahman alone.  These bodies
are only Brahman.  This is Brahman alone.  There is not a blade of grass apart.

7. Brahman alone am I, not anything else. This is Brahman, not the world.  This is Brahman, not space.  This is Brahman, not activities.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
8.  Brahman alone are these great ones.  This adorable is ever Brahman.  This boundless
universe is Brahman alone.  Brahman alone am I.  There is no fear.

9.  Brahman alone am I and ever the mind.  Brahman alone am I, not 'this'.  Brahman
alone am I and verily the illusory.  Brahman alone am I and this delusion.

10.  Brahman alone is all settled theories. Brahman alone is the seat of mind.
Brahman alone is all the homes.  Brahman alone is the assemblage of Sages.

11.  Brahman alone am I, not another.  Brahman alone is worship of the Guru.
Brahman is not even a trifle of something other.  Brahman is all ever.

12. Brahman alone is of the form of the triad of qualities.  Brahman alone is of the form of Hari.  Other than Brahman there is no state.  There is not a moment other than Brahman for me.

13.  Brahman alone am I, not another word.  Brahman alone am I, nothing else that is heard. Brahman alone am I without par.  All is indeed Brahman alone

14.  Brahman alone am I.  I have no enjoyments.  Brahman alone am I.  I have no separateness.  Brahman alone am I;  there are no great ones.  Brahman alone is of the form of Brahman.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2016, 10:14:58 AM »
14. Brahman alone am I.  I have no enjoyments.  Brahman alone am I.  I have no
separateness.  Brahman alone am I; there are no great ones.  Brahman alone is of the
form of Brahman.

15.  Brahman alone is the, ever resplendent.  Brahman alone is the paramount happiness. Brahman alone is of diverse forms.  Brahman alone am I the great love.

16. Brahman alone is adorable by Brahman.  Brahman alone is the Guru of Brahman.
Brahman alone is the mother of Brahman.  Brahman alone is I, father and son.

17.  Brahman alone is the Lord of Brahma.  Brahman alone is Brahman and its victory. Brahman alone is of the form of meditation.  Brahman alone is the quality
of Brahman. 

18. The Self is indeed the ever present Self.  Apart from the Self there is not even an
iota.  The Self indeed is the Self, always.  The Self indeed is the Guru of the Self.

19.  The light of the Self is the individual I.  The Self is indeed ever by itself. I am verily Brahman indicated by 'That thou art'.  Being the illuminator, I shine by myself.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.