Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31446 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »
44. The form of god is only consciousness.  The propitiation of Siva is only consciousness.  You are just
consciousness.  I am just consciousness. All is just consciousness only.

45.  The supreme form is just consciousness.  The affliction less is only consciousness.  Only consciousness is
ever.  Consciousness is the refuge.

46. Dispassion is just consciousness alone.  The attribute-less is only consciousness ever.  Movement is
only consciousness.  Mantra and Tantra are only consciousness.

47.  This cosmos is of the form of consciousness.  The triad of worlds is of the form of consciousness.
Ego is of the form of consciousness.  Of the nature of consciousness is the highest of the the most high.

48.  This variance is of the nature of consciousness. Even a blade of grass and such are of the nature
of consciousness. The expanse of consciousness is of the nature of consciousness.  The formless is of the
nature of consciousness.

49.  The great joy is of the nature of consciousness.  Of the nature of consciousness is the exceeding
happiness. The joy of enjoyment is of the nature of consciousness.  The supreme Guru is of the form
of consciousness.         

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
50.  This universe is of the form of consciousness.  This man is of the form of consciousness.  The unborn
and peaceful is of the nature of consciousness.  The painless is of the nature of consciousness.

51.  Beyond the highest is of the nature of consciousness.  Consciousness alone is of the form of consciousness.
The space of consciousness is of the form of consciousness.  The space of consciousness is of Siva alone.

52.  The mind stuff is ever of the form of consciousness.  The form of consciousness is always immortal.
The expanse is of the form of consciousness and the innermost of all as well.

53.This fullness is of the nature of consciousness.  This adorable is of the nature of consciousness. All
this is of the form of consciousness.  I am ever of the nature of consciousness.

54.  This position is of the form of consciousness.  The expanse of heart is of the form of consciousness.
The teaching of the consciousness is a form of consciousness.  The expanse of consciousness is ever widespread.

55. The ever perfect is a form of consciousness.  The great fruit is a form of consciousness.  The transcendental knowledge is of the nature of consciousness.  You, the Supreme, are of the nature of consciousness.

56.  The perpetual joy is of a form of consciousness.  The dead is ever of a form of consciousness.
The supreme Brahman is of the nature of consciousness.  I am consciousness, awareness am I - ever.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2016, 10:01:18 AM »
57.  I am awareness, I am awareness.  The mind is one's own - there is no doubt of this.  Te form of the
world is only consciousness.  Siva, the bestower of auspiciousness,is only consciousness.

58. The form of sky is only consciousness.  The chief of hosts is only consciousness.  The form of the world
is only consciousness.  The motion of the world is only consciousness.

59.  The form of heart is only consciousness.  The master of the heart is only consciousness.  The form
of the immortal is only consciousness.  The basis of movement is only consciousness. 

60.  I am only consciousness.  Only awareness am I; full of consciousness, filled with awareness ever.
True faith is only consciousness.  The contemplation of Brahman is only consciousness.

61.  The Supreme Lord is only consciousness.  The heart shrine is only consciousness.  Every form is
only consciousness.  The assemblage of people is only consciousness.   

62.  All joy is only consciousness.  Sweet speech is only consciousness.  You are only consciousness. 
I am just awareness.  All is just consciousness only.

Contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2016, 12:38:56 PM »
63.   The supreme meditation is only consciousness.  The supreme adoration is only consciousness.
You are only consciousness.  I am just awareness.  All is just consciousness only. 

64.  This chapter, called 'You are consciousness alone' is hard to to find in sacred lore.  The rare one who
hears this surely becomes Brahman oneself. 

65.  By the practice of yogic meditation, one, whose existence is controlled by the seemingly eternal cycle
of birth and death, gains freedom from the infatuation of Maya.  The knots born of fear of heart are sundered,
his desires are fulfilled by His vision that transforms the world to transcendence and he becomes eternal and
immutable in the world.  He verily becomes Brahman within himself.

Chapter 16, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha entitled 'You are consciousness alone' in the sixth
amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam, is concluded.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »
Chapter 17:

!. Ribhu:  Listen to me, O Nidagha, the most secretive and the compendium of all systems of philosophy.
This duality and non duality are naught.  The peaceful Brahman is alone, is ever.

2.  I alone am the supreme Brahman. I alone am the higher than the highest.  This duality and non
duality are naught. The peaceful Brahman alone is, ever.

3. i alone am the peaceful Self. I alone am the all reaching.  I alone am them pure
Self, I alone am the eternal. 

4. I alone am the Self in diversity.   I alone am the attribute-less.I alone am the perpetual Self. i alone
am the cause.

5. I alone am the whole world.  This too am I alone.  I alone am the joyous Self.I alone am the bestower
of liberation. 

6.  I alone am conscious.  I alone am full of awareness.  I alone am consciousness.  I am ever the interior
of all.

7. I alone am the Self of beings. All that is physical is but me.  I am verily you, indeed I am, verily,
I indeed am.

8. I alone am the individual Self, verily I am.  I alone am the supreme Lord, ever.  I alone am the Lord
ever. I alone am myself always.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »
9.  I alone am the imperishable that is evident.  i alone am adorable to me.  I alone am ever Brahman.
I alone am the ever undiminishing.

10.  I alone am in the front of myself, indeed. I alone am the interior of the innermost recesses.  I alone
am the space of awareness.  I alone am the space of awareness.  I alone am the illuminator.

11.  I alone am the creator always.  I alone am the protector.  I alone am the sportive Self.  I alone am the
certitude. 

12.  I alone am the witness always.  You are verily the ancient Yourself.  You alone are the Supreme
Brahman.  You alone are the intersticeless.

13. I alone am me, verily myself.  I alone am verily you, indeed.  I alone am the non dual form.  I am the
body-less.

14. I alone am my support.  I alone am the Self ever.  I alone am the quiescent Self. I alone am the
enduring.

15. I alone am equanimity. I alone am earnestness too.  I alone am the great expanse. I alone am the self
consisting of parts.

16.  I alone am the end of desire.  I alone am the interior, ever. I alone am the anterior.  I am the
posterior myself ever.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
17.  I alone am the universal Self.  Indeed, I alone am.  I alone am the supreme Brahman.  I alone
am beyond the beyond.

18.  I alone am the joy of awareness. I alone am happiness and unhappiness.  I alone am the ideal of the
Guru too.  I alone am the infallible ever.

19.  I alone am the end of the Vedas.  I alone am brooding.  I am the body, verily the pure consciousness.
I am bereft of doubt.

20.  I alone am the supreme light.  I alone am the supreme state.  I alone am the indestructible Self.
I alone am the ancient.

21. I am Brahman - there is no doubt of this.  I alone am the part-less.  I am the fourth - there is no
doubt.  I am the Self, there is no doubt.

22. I lack even 'I'.  I am purged of the 'I' concept.  I alone am the end of notions. I alone am elegance.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2016, 10:38:13 AM »
23.  I transcend even a moment of time. I alone am auspiciousness.  I alone am incorruptible joy.
I alone am the constant.

24. I alone am the inscrutable Self.  I am devoid of thought.  I am the enlightened and the supreme
abode.  I am bereft of intellect.

25.  I alone am the truth always.  I alone am happiness always.  I alone am the ever attained.  I am
the easily found cause.

26.  I am the knowledge easily attainable, ever hard to attain for the wise.  I am the Self that is just
consciousness alone. I alone am the solid mass of consciousness.

27. I alone am you, indeed I am.  Brahman alone am I, there is no doubt.  I am the Self, there is no
doubt. I alone am the all pervasive, there is no doubt.

28.  Truly I am the lovable Self, truly truly, again and again.  I am the pervasive Self without senility.
I alone am my own Guru.

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »
29.  I am alone the immortal and liberation.  I alone am the unmoving.  I alone am the ever present Self.
I am the emancipated, there is no doubt.

30.  I alone am the ever pure.  I alone am the attribute-less. I am purged of the world.  I am devoid of
body. 

31.  I am bereft of desire. I am devoid of delusion.  I am the Self prone to errors. I am devoid of the wheel
of transmigration.

32.  I am Siva devoid of volition and vacillation.  I am the Self of the fourth state.  I alone am the blemish-less.

33.  I alone am the light, always.  i alone am the Lord, always.  I alone am the Brahman.  I alone am the
supreme, always.

34.  I alone am the knowledge, always.  I alone am the ever smooth.  I alone am the mind and I am
devoid of pride. 

35.  Ego is the cycle of life and death.  Ego is ever unreal.  I alone am just consciousness.  Apart from me
there is nothing, nothing indeed.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »
36.  I alone am my reality, verily.  Besides me there is nothing at all.  The state of 'that' is not apart from me.
The state of 'Thou' is not apart from me.

37.  There is never anything as merit.  'Sin', there is none of it.  Nor there are differences such as 'this thing',
differences as 'this person' or differences of real and unreal.

38.  There is nothing that is yours, truly, truly, truly - again and again.  Everything is naught, ever -
nothing, nothing at all.

39.  This alone is supreme Brahman.  I alone am Brahman which is you alone.  Time is Brahman.  A fraction
is Brahman.  Action is Brahman and so is a moment.

40.  All is Brahman indeed.  I am Brahman.  There is no doubt that I am Brahman.  Thought is Brahman.
Mind is Brahman.  Truth is Brahman - that I ever am.

41.  Attribute-less Brahman, eternal, pause-less, and the supreme am I.  I am only Brahman from
beginning to end.  There is not a whit of beginning or end.

42.  There is not even a statement such as 'I am', remembrance or utterance.  All is Brahman alone--
there is no doubt of this.  There is not a trace of 'you' ever.

43. There is none who can expound this -- there is no doubt.  This explanation is so hard to find.  This is
capable of bestowing instant liberation.  It confers immediate liberation.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »
44.  Surely one will instantly attain the Brahman-state.  The rare one, just by listening to this, will
attain instant emancipation.

45.  This is rare to obtain in this world, rare indeed in all the three three worlds.  'I am Brahman -
there is no doubt' - thus alone one must contemplate strongly.  Then renouncing everything, one
must happily abide in quiescence. 

46.  Taking recourse to the yoga of meditation supported by its limbs just as Yama (moral restraint)
and niyama (physical restraints);  realizing the illusive nexus between the physical world and
the transcendental expanse of heart, smearing the body with sweet pleasure the holy ashes, having
renounced the craving for sensual delights and the fettering sheaths, their joyous hearts seeking the
Supreme, the votaries of Siva are transformed into Siva themselves.

Thus concluded chapter 17, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha entitled 'Topic of the compendium
of all systems of philosophy' in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahastyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »
Chapter 18:

1. Ribhu:  Listen again to the supreme knowledge that confers liberation immediately.  All is Brahman
alone, always.  All is tranquility - there is no doubt.

2. All this is the imperishable Brahman of the form of the supreme.  This is verily void.  What is said
to be this and spoken as 'we' is wrong.

3.  Whatever little of reminiscing there be is non existent.  Whatever little of even meditation or whatever
little of the form of knowledge -  all that is Brahman only.

4.  Whatever few words are there about Brahman, whatever few words of the Vedas, whatever little said
by the Guru - all that is Brahman only.

5. Whatever little blemish there be in truth, whatever little sweet speech there be, whatever little reflection
there may exist - all that is Brahman only.

6.  Whatever little of regular listening, whatever little of meditation undertaken, whatever little of certitude
and earnestness there be -- all that is Brahman only.

7. Whatever little instruction of the Guru there is, what little thinking about the Guru there is, whatever
little diversity there be in the yoga practices - all that is Brahman only.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »
8. Getting rid of all, leaving the Guru, forsaking everything, ever, established in Brahman in silence.
Bliss alone is.

9.  Ever rejoice by renouncing all.  The renunciation of all is great joy.  Renunciation of all is transcendental
bliss.  The renunciation of all is supreme happiness. 

10.  Renouncing all is renouncing the mind.  Renouncing all is renouncing the ego.  Renouncing all is great
oblation.  Total renunciation is supreme happiness.

11. Total renouncing is great liberation.  So is the sacrifice of the mind.  Mind alone is the world ever.  Mind
alone is transmigration.

12.  Mind alone is great delusion.  Mind alone is the generator of the body.  Mind alone is the bodily fear.
Mind alone is full of thought.

13.  Mind alone is what is called the world.  Mind alone is the blemish.  Mind alone is all insentience.
Mind alone is the senses etc.,

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2016, 12:54:03 PM »
14.  Mind alone is always real.  Mind alone is not at all existent.  Mind alone is great treatise.  Mind
alone is begetter of thought.

15. Mind alone is the great sin.  Mind alone is concept always.  Mind alone is referred to as the all.
Always conquer the mind alone.

16. Upon the thought that there is no mind, the Self alone shines.  If one thinks that there is mind
oneself is the mentality.

17.  Oneself alone is referred to as the mind. Oneself is Brahman - there is no doubt.  Mind alone
is referred to as the all.  Mind to be remembered as being all.

18.  Brahman alone am I, the self luminous. Brahman alone am I - there is no doubt.  All is Brahman
-- there is no doubt of this.  All is only the light of consciousness.

19.  I am Brahman alone, the eternal Self, always fuller than the fullest.  I am with the earth and such.
I am the distinctive.

20. I am the interior of the subtle body.  i alone am the ancient.  I alone am the measuring Self.
All is indeed Brahman alone.     

21.  I am only of the nature of consciousness and the perfect.  Of the form of consciousness is the space
of consciousness.  I am ever the space of consciousness.

22.  You alone are the space of consciousness.  Space of consciousness am I, always.  This is only
consciousness, the space of consciousness.  There is nothing in the least other than consciousness.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »
23. Everything is pervaded by the space of awareness. The space of consciousness is the illuminator.
The form of mind is Space of consciousness and is a solid mass of awareness.

24.  The supreme Brahman is space of consciousness.  Again, space of consciousness is full of consciousness.
Space of consciousness is auspiciousness directly.  I am always space of consciousness.

25.  I am of the form of Being Consciousness Bliss, the eternal Being Consciousness Bliss only, the true
Being Consciousness Bliss is the spirit of Being Consciousness Bliss.

26.  I am full of Being Consciousness Bliss, the cause of Being Consciousness Bliss, the mass of Being
Consciousness Bliss, the Lord who is Being Consciousness Bliss.

27.  I am the eternal Being Consciousness Bliss, the mark of Being Consciousness Bliss, only the Being
Consciousness Bliss.

28.  The Self alone is all this.  I am the Self alone - of this there is no doubt. I am the supreme truth,
the Self.  The Self alone is the supreme state.

29.  The Self alone is of the form of the world.  The Self alone is the three realms. The Self alone is the
most precious of the world.  The Self alone is the fullness of the mind.

30.  The Self alone is the liberation of worlds.  The Self alone is the Guru of oneself.  The Self shines variously.
The Self alone is the highest of the Self. 

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.