Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 24632 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2016, 11:05:13 AM »
23.  The Self is of the nature devoid of waking state.  It is without the dream state.  The Self is of the form
of bliss and perfect.  Besides the Self there is nothing.

24.  The Self is the past.  Again the Self is of the future.  The Self is the imperishable.  The Self is the form
of consciousness.  The Self is the form devoid of beginning and middle.  Besides the Self there is nothing.

25.  The Self is without all types of thought, clear, just consciousness and undiminishing.  The Self is
devoid of knower, knowable, and such.  Besides the Self there is nothing. 

26.  The singular Self, the Self devoid of one, is rid of duality and non duality.  The Self is oneself.
The Self is natural.  Besides the Self there is nothing.

27. The Self that is the fourth state is also the eternal Self.  Whatever trifling is here, it is the Self.
The Self is the measure.  The Self is without measure.  Besides the Self there is nothing.

28.  The Self of the many is the limit of words.  Rejoicing within, it is the joy of speech.  The Self is
without all.  The Self is all.  There is nothing besides the Self.

29.  See the Self alone.  Meditate within yourself.  Enjoy yourself within yourself.  Verily, there is nothing
besides the Self. 

30.  Be happy within yourself.  You yourself are the Self.  Look at the Self yourself, listen to the Self
yourself.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
31.  Being contended within oneself, filling oneself by oneself, render oneself to ashes.  There is truly
nothing besides the Self.

32. Oneself is one's joy, one's Self is the adorable to one.  One's Self alone is worth knowing.  Verily,
there is nothing besides the Self.

33.  The Self alone is to be heard.  Let the Self alone be that which you hear.  Seek the Self always.
Worship the Self ever.

34.  Hail the Self always.  Rule yourself.  Long for the Self always.  There is nothing besides the Self.

35.  The earth is only the Self.  This water is Self alone.  This Light is only the Self.  Besides the Self
there is nothing.

36.  This air is only the Self.  This sky is the Self alone.  This egoism if the Self alone.  There is nothing
besides the Self.

37.  This thought stuff is the Self alone.  This mind is the Self aloe.  This intellect is the Self alone.
There is nothing besides the Self.

38.  This body is only the Self.  This quality is only the Self.  This knowledge is only the Self.
Besides the Self there is nothing.

39.  This Mantra is only the Self.  This Japa (repetition of the mantra) is only the Self.  This world is only
the Self.  There is nothing besides the Self. 

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »
40.  This sound is the Self alone.  This essence is the Self alone.  This touch is the Self alone.
Nothing exists besides the Self.

41.  This smell is only the Self.  This composure is only the Self.  This sorrow is only the Self.
This joy is only the Self.

42. The world is of the Self only.  Of the Self alone is this dream state.  The state of deep sleep
also is of the Self only.  There is nothing besides the Self.

43.  Action is only the Self, the Self alone.  It is always the second-less Self.  Non duality is the Self
only.  Nothing exists besides the Self.

44.  Whoever is here is the Self alone.  Wherever it be, it is the Self.  This world is the Self alone.

45.  That which is seen here is the Self alone.  These people are only the Self.  All this is only the Self.

46.  This Sambhu (Siva) is only the Self.  This world is only the Self.  This Brahma is only the Self.

47.  This sun is only the Self.  This inertness is only the Self.  This meditation is only the Self.
This result is only the Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2016, 12:14:48 PM »
48  This Yoga is the Self alone.  The world is filled with the Self.  All the beings are filled with
the Self.  There is nothing besides the Self.

49.  All that is to happen is filled with the Self.   The Guru is entirely full of Self.  The disciple
is all full of the Self.  There is nothing besides the Self.

50.  The Lord is full of the Self.  All the fruits are filled with the Self.  The ideal is full of the Self.

51.  The  holy waters are filled with the Self. Oneself is all full of the Self.  The liberation is all
full of the Self. Nothing exists besides the Self. 

52.  The desire is all full of the Self.  The actions are full of the Self. The anger is full of the Self.

53. All knowledge is full of the Self. All the directions are full of the Self.  The greed is all full of
the Self.  Nothing exists besides the Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
54.  The infatuation is all full of the Self.  The fear is all full of the Self.  The anxiety is all full
of the Self.  Nothing exists besides the Self.

55.  The courage is all full of the Self.  The determination is all full of the Self.  The truth is all
full of the Self. Nothing exists besides the Self.

56.  The instruction if all full of the Self.  The firmness is full of the Self. The measurable is all
full of the Self.  Nothing exists besides the Self.

57  The secretive is all full of the Self.  The goodness is all full of the Self.  The purity is all full
of the Self.  Nothing exists besides the Self.

58.  Everything is all full of the Self.  Truth is the Self.  Eternity is the Self.  Perfection is the Self.
Decay is the Self.  Supreme is the Self.  It is beyond the beyond.

59.  Even 'henceforth' is the Self. 'Thence' too is the Self. It is  the Self alone from everywhere,
verily the Self.  'Everything is the Self alone' is the truth.  There is nothing besides the Self/

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2016, 11:13:55 AM »
60.  Everything is verily of the nature of the Self - the visible and the invisible, the moving and the non moving.  Hearing that all is the Self, man attains liberation.

61. Bhagavan Siva,  who is the consort of Uma Parvati, is the immutable Lord. He alone His own power
of Maya is the true cause behind the waking world of wondrous beings and the succession of phenomena.

Thus concludes the chapter 13 a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha entitled  All is the Self.
in Siva Rahasyam. 

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
Chapter 14:

1.  Ribhu:  Hearken!  All is Brahman alone.  This is the truth, verily the truth in the name of
Siva.  In the certitude of the Self, O chief of the Yogis, there  is no other even in the least.

2.  The unreality is infinitesimal.  All this is infinitesimal for sure.  The body too is infinitesimal
for sure.  The body too is infinitesimal.  There is no other even the least. 

3. All is only the Self, the pure Self.  All is consciousness alone without a second; the eternal,
pure taint-less Self.  There is no other even in the least. 

4. If  the Self is thought of as infinitesimal, all is not even an atom.  Absence of thought is only an atom.
There is no other even in the least.

5.  Thought is only consciousness.  Consciousness is the paramount state.  Bliss is the supreme
measure.  This, which is visible is nothing at all.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2016, 03:19:41 PM »
6.  The syllable  'Om' is consciousness alone.  Everything is consciousness by itself.  Bliss
the supreme measure.  This, which is visible, is nothing at all.

7.  I am myself bliss alone.  I am consciousness and un-diminishing. Bliss is the supreme measure.
This, which is visible is nothing at all.

8.  I alone am the secret Self.  I alone am the gap-less.  Bliss is the supreme measure. This, which
is visible, is nothing at all.

9.  I alone am the Supreme measure.  This, which is visible, is nothing at all/

10.  I alone am the basis of everything. I alone am the happiness surpassing happiness.
Bliss is the supreme measure.  This, which is visible, is nothing at all.

11. I alone am the transcendental light.  I alone am the Self of all.  Bliss is the supreme measure.
This, which is visible, is nothing at all.

12. I alone am the satisfied Self. I alone is the supreme measure.  This, which is visible,
is nothing at all. 

13.  I alone am the complete Self. I alone am the ancient one.  Bliss is the supreme measure.
This,  which is visible, is nothing at all.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »
14.  I alone am the peaceful Self.  I alone am the permanent.  Bliss is the supreme measure.

15. I alone am omnipresent.   I alone am the well established.  Bliss is the supreme measure.

16.  I alone am the individual Self.  I alone am the beyond the beyond.  Bliss is the supreme measure.
This, which is visible is nothing at all.

17. I alone am the import of the sacred utterances.  I alone am Sankara, the bestower of auspiciousness.
Bliss is the supreme measure.  This, which is visible, is nothing at all.

18.  I alone am the impossible goal.  I alone am the illuminator.  Bliss is the supreme goal.  This,
which is visible, is nothing at all.

19.  I alone am me, me only.  I alone am myself, my own Self.  I am the highest Bliss.  I am indeed
consciousness.

20. I alone am the pure Self.  I alone am full of truth.  I alone am the void Self. i alone am the all-
reaching.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:01:17 PM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »
21.  I alone am the Vedanta,  the pinnacle of knowledge.  I alone am the consciousness supreme.

22. I alone am the consciousness only.  I alone am full of awareness.  Being consciousness I am
nothing else in the least.  I am devoid of anything exterior.

23.  I am nothing at all.  I am the Self that is Brahman.  I am not anything else.  I am the supreme.
I am eternal, pure and free ever contented and stainless.

24. Bliss, the transcendental bliss.  Nothing else, not at all.  Nothing whatsoever, nothing at all.
Beyond the supreme there is nothing at all.

25. All this world is only the Self. All that is mind born is verily the Self.  All this happiness is only
the Self.  This world is the Self alone.

26.  Everything is Brahman, only consciousness. I am  Brahman alone.  Bliss is the highest measure.
This visible thing is nothing at all.

27.  All that is seen is the supreme Brahman.  That which is seen is ever non existent.  Brahman
alone is all thought.  Nothing whatsoever but Brahman is the supreme.  Bliss is the supreme
measure.  This, which is visible, is nothing at all.

28. Brahman is indeed Brahman, of the form of awareness.  This world is full of consciousness,
consciousness alone.  The whole world is unreal.  The phenomenal world is all unreal.

29.'I alone am' is indeed unreal. 'You are alone'  is indeed unreal. The modes of mind are unreal.
Attributes and their absence are unreal indeed.

30.  The whole of earth is indeed is unreal. Water is always unreal indeed.  Indeed the world and sky
are unreal.  Light is ever unreal indeed.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2016, 10:54:04 AM »
31.  Air is ever unreal indeed.  Even all this is only unreal.  Ego and intellect are unreal.  The hosts
of beings in the world are Brahman only.

32.  Thought force is always unreal. 'This' is unreal, there is no doubt. The demons  are all unreal.
The Lord's forms are unreal.

33. The universe is always unreal.  Hari (Vishnu), is always unreal.  Brahman is always unreal.
His creation too is unreal.

34. The great Lord is unreal.  The chief of hosts is unreal.  Again Uma (Parvati) is always unreal.
Skanda and Ganesa are unreal.

35.  The individual Self is always unreal.  The body is unreal.  The Vedas are always unreal.
The termination of the body too is unreal. 

36. The Dharamsastras and the Puranas are only unreal and betray the truth.  Everything is verily
unreal.  Lineage too is unreal.

37.  All this is unreal from beginning to end.   The sages are unreal.  The worlds are always unreal
unreal.  All that are seen are also unreal.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »
38.  Sorrow and pleasure are unreal.  Victory and defeat are unreal.   The great bondage is unreal.
Even liberation are unreal, indeed.

39. Death and birth are only unreal.  The insentient and the non sentient are unreal only.  The whole
world is unreal.  The concept of self is only unreal.

40. Forms too are unreal.  The state of auspiciousness is unreal.  'I' always are unreal.  'You' too is unreal
indeed.

41.  Unreality is omnipresent.  The moving and unmoving are only unreal.  All beings too are unreal.
All results are unreal. 

42.  The entire universe is unreal.  All attributes are unreal.  All the remaining is unreal.  All duality
is unreal.

43.  All sin is unreal.  The threefold listening is unreal.  The homogeneous and the heterogeneous
groups are unreal.

44.  All power is unreal.  All objects are ever impermanent.  The gods and such are unreal.
Purpose is unreal.

45.  Tranquility always is unreal.  Forbearance is ever unreal.  Doubt is only unreal.  The god demon
wars are unreal.

46, 47:  The concept of Isa, Lordship, is unreal.   The worshipped is indeed unreal only.  Time and space
and such are unreal.  The concepts of pilgrimage centers et cetera are unreal.  Merit and demerit
arising thereof arising thereof, and the related conclusions are unreal.  The misapprehensions of one's
own and others are unreal.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »
48. The notion of existence of mind is too unreal.  The gross body too is unreal.  The subtle body
too is unreal -= truly, very truly,. I say in the name of Siva.

49. Heaven and hell are unreal.  The pleasure thereof is unreal.  All grasping is unreal.  All
that is grasped is unreal.

50.  That which shines as the truth is unreal, yes untruth I say, in the name of Siva.  That which
is known as present is real.   That which is past is unreal.

51. That which is known as the future is verily unreal.    It is the truth the truth.  I say this in the name
of Siva.  The beginning is unreal, the middle is unreal, so is the end of this world unreal.

52.  Age is always unreal,  unreal indeed.   There is no doubt of this.  Knowledge is ever unreal,
and so are ignorance and the knowable.

53. The universe is always unreal.  The inert is always unreal. The seen is always unreal.  These
shine like the horns of a horse.

54.  Imagination is always unreal. The products of sheaths are unreal.  All mantras are unreal.
This is the truth, the truth. There is no doubt of this.

55.  Other than the Self there is no world.  There is nothing of this non self ever. Any of this other
than the Self is unreal.  There is no doubt that this is truth, the truth.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:54:34 AM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2016, 10:37:18 AM »
56.  There is no happiness apart from the Self.  There is not a whit apart from the Self.  There is
no refuge other than the Self. Remain in the Self always.

57. There is nothing anywhere apart from the Self.  Not blade of grass is apart from the Self.
There is no even an iota other than the Self.  Nowhere there is anything apart from the Self.

58.  This exposition of the Bliss of the Self is explained to you by me.  The wise one who hears
this, oneself becomes Brahman.

59. Hearing this alone is capable of imparting instantaneous emancipation.  By grasping the meaning
of the text, one is freed from all limitations.

60.  Suta:  Worship with a disciplined heart the great Lord Mahasa who is the perfect, the true and the one
devoid of interstices.  Such a one becomes here in this world eternal, without agitation, of the form
of Brahman and the Self established.  The knot of the heart cut asunder, he shines within and rests
inwardly.  As the world becomes dead to him, he becomes one with the auspicious and  blemishless
feet   of Isvara.

The chapter fourteen, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha entitled, 'The description of the topic
called the Bliss of the Self'  in the sixth amsa called Sankara in Sri Siva Rahasyam.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »
Chapter  15:

1.  Ribhu:  I shall again reveal the great secret that is more confidential than any secret and hard to
attain in the world.  All is just Brahman alone.

2. Brahman alone is all this.  Brahman alone is not unreal.  Brahman alone is all that is heard.
All indeed is Brahman only.

3. Brahman alone is the great mystic design.  Brahman alone is the fruit of action.  Brahman alone
is the great aphorism.  All is indeed Brahman only.

4. Brahman alone is the whole world.  Brahman alone is the sentient and the insentient.  Brahman
alone is the Supreme and the body.  All is indeed Brahman only.

5.  Brahman alone is said to be the attributes.  Brahman alone is 'I' and the projected light.  Brahman
alone is the supreme Brahman.  All is indeed Brahman only.

6. Brahman alone is this object.  Brahman alone is that man too.  Whatever little there is, is Brahman
alone.  All indeed is Brahman only.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:49:44 AM by Subramanian.R »