Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 24629 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 10:45:10 AM »
37.  I have nothing in  the least to say.  I have not even a faint sound to hear.  I have nothing at all
to brood upon.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

38.  I have not even an iota of the enjoyable.  I have not even a whit to meditate upon.  I have nothing
to be remembered whatsoever. Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

39.  I have no enjoyment.  I have no disease.  I have no yoga.  I have no merging -- none of all these.
The one who is settled thus is called a Jivanmukta.

40.  I have no existence.  I have no deterioration. I have no superimposition.  The one who is fixed
thus is called a Jivanmukta.

41. There is nothing that is superimposed for me.  Refutation is not for me.  Whatever there is as I,
I have none.  Such a one is called a Jivanmuukta.

42.  I have no sanctification.  I have no purification.  Neither do I have one nor do I have many.
I have no past.  I have no work.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

43. 'Who am I?' I have none of it.  I have no 'this' either. 'Not another' is not for me.  I have no
'oneself'.  I have nothing whatsoever.  I have no settlement.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
44.  I have no flesh.  I have no blood.  I have no marrow.  I have no excreta.  I have no kindness.
I have no being.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

45.  I have nothing at all.  I have nothing that is white, nor there is blue for me.  Separateness there is
none for me.  There is no abidance or 'myself' for me.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

46.  I have no anxiety.  I have no greed. I have nothing secondary.  I have no fame.  I have no philosophy.
One who is stabilized thus is called a Jivanmukta.

47.  I have no delusion.  I have no knowledge.  I have nothing that is confidential. I have no caste.
I have not a white to meditate upon.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

48.  I have nothing to relinquish.  I have nothing to accept.  I have nothing to make fun of.  I have no
merging.  I have no divine.  The one who is settled thus is called a Jivanmukta.

49.  I have no vow.  I have no exhaustion.  I have no grief.  I have no pleasure.  I have no object
anywhere that is inferior.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

50.  For me there is neither knower nor knowledge.  Neither knowable nor myself.  I have nothing
at all.  Such a Jnani is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »
51.  For me there is no 'to you'.  For me there is no 'to myself'.  For me there is no 'outside you'.  For
me there no 'me'.  For me there is no Guru.  For me there is none at all.  Such a one is a Jivanmukta.

52.  I have no inertness.  I have no temple.  I have no fatigue.  I have no prosperity for me.  One who
is fixed in the beatitude 'not for me, not for me' is called a Jivanmukta.

53.  I have no lineage.  I have no aphorisms,  I have nothing that is suitable.  I have no grace.  I have
nothing in the least.  One who contemplates thus is called a Jivanmukta.

54.  I have no self.  I have no non self.  I have no heaven.  I have no fruit.  I have no object anywhere
to be condemned.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

55.  I have nothing to practice.  I have no learning. I have no peace.  I have no restraint. I have
no tenement.  Such a sage is called a Jivanmukta.

56.I have nothing that causes pain.  I have no doubt.  I have no sleep.  I have no mind.  I have
no oscillation.  Such an accomplished one is called a Jivanmukta.

57.  I have no old age.  I have no boyhood.  I have no youth even a little.  I have no death. I have
no darkness. Such a one ios called a Jivanmukta.

58.  I have no world.  I have no enjoyment.  One who remembers 'I have nothing whatsoever' and
who has found 'I have no silence'  is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
59. I am Brahman. Verily I am Brahman.  I am indeed Brahman.  I am awareness.  One with such
certitude is called a Jivanmukta.

60. I am verily Brahman.  I am consciousness indeed.  I am the supreme alone. There is no doubt
about this.  I am myself the light of myself.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

61. One who sees oneself only, one who abides in oneself alone, one who realizes that one manifests
from oneself is called a Jivanmukta.

62. One who enjoys the bliss of oneself, one who revels in the kingdom of oneself, is called a Jivanmukta.

63.  One who is oneself, one who is one pointed, one who is the Lord of oneself, one who sees one's
own form is called a Jivanmukta.

64.  This chapter on Jivanmukta is hard to find in all Vedas.  One who hears  this even once becomes
Brahman oneself.

65.  O Lord!  Those whose intellects are confused with ideas of distinctions generated by the diverse
arguments and theories of the Vedas, emaciate themselves by inflicting great pains of miserable
experiences but can never attain the bliss that arises from Thy feet.

66. Who is able to cross the ocean of transmigratory existence with its succession of birth and death
like the unending waves!  One who is well endowed with the spirit of meditation resulting from the ordained
methods of worship of Isvara alone, can, by means of the boat called undifferentiated knowledge.

Thus concludes the a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha, entitled 'Topic of the liberated while alive',
in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2016, 10:15:08 AM »
Chapter 12:

1. Ribhu:  Hearken to this topic of liberation from the body, which is so hard to find.  One who does not
recollect what is discarded and what is not, alone is a Videha Mukta, one freed from the body.

2.  One who is of the form of Brahman, the serene Self, without any other form, for ever joyous,
with an abiding form and of supreme silence alone is Videha Mukta. 

3. The Self of all, the Self of all beings, the peaceful Self, freed from liberation, freed from the unitary
Self, the witness is verily the Videha Mukta.

4.  The ideal Self, the enchanting Self am I.  The sportive Self - myself only.  The silent Self, the natural
Self.  Such a one is verily the Videha Mukta.   

5.  The immaculate Self, my own Self am I.  The Self of all myself alone.  The unborn Self and verily
the immortal Self alone is verily the Videha Mukta.

6.  The blissful Self, the beloved Myself, the liberated Self whosoever is thus settled and meditates thus
is the Videha Mukta.

7. Brahman alone am I.  Consciousness alone am I.  One who does not think of even the one and abides
in the awareness alone is the Videha Mukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
8.  Leaving all other convictions and rooted in the certitude 'I am Brahman', the one for whom
the great body is Bliss verily the Videha Mukta.

9.  Renouncing all such convictions as 'It is all' or 'There is none', and one abides in the certitude
'I am Brahman and not another' is verily the Videha Mukta.

10.  Not remembering the Self even in the least anywhere, anytime and one who is rooted in one's
own Nature is verily the Videha Mukta.

11.  One who does not think 'I am the Self, the supreme Self, verily the Self', and one who is invested
with the certitude that one is ever settled is the Videha Mukta.

12.  Abiding in silence, silence alone, in the certitude that all is silence and not in else in the the least,
I am bereft of any significance. Such is the Videha Mukta.

13.  One who is the supreme Self, above qualities not acceding to the notion 'The Self of all', and one
who is great by all standards is the Videha Mukta.

14. For whom there are no differences of time, space, object, oneself and none  in the least is the
Videha Mukta.

15.  'I, you, that, this, he, this one' are not felt even in the least.  I am intense bliss alone.  Such
one is the Videha Mukta.         

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »
16.  One who is ever determined as being bereft of qualities, devoid of Self, the eternal Self,
the void Self and of a subtle nature, alone is a Videha Mukta.

17. One who is the Universal Self, the Self devoid of the universe, the Self of time, the cause of time;
the Self of gods devoid of gods alone is a Videha Mukta.

18.  One who is the Self as measure, the Self devoid of anything to measure, the Self of the foolish
and bereft of non self, the Self of transcendence, the supreme Self alone is the Videha Mukta.

19.  The Self devoid of insentience everywhere, the inner self of all - the one who is  thus said to
belong to all alone is the Videha Mukta.

20.  One who is divested of all concepts, who is of the nature of Being Consciousness-Bliss alone,
and who does not conclude 'I am established thus'  alone is the Videha Mukta.

21.  One whose conclusion is that all does not exist, That alone exists, Consciousness alone exists,
ever, and that there never is any enlightened, is alone the Videha Mukta.

22.  One who is the supreme Self alone, the embodiment of knowledge only, of the form of Being
alone is a Videha Mukta.         

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2016, 11:12:10 AM »
23.  One who has no settled notion regarding individual soul, Isvara, the temple, the Vedas, the
Sastras, the I and has no notions such as 'such alone is Brahman' is verily the Videha Mukta.

24.  One whose certitude is 'I', and the world as well are Brahman only.  There is not a whit of the
world separate alone is the Videha Mukta.

25.  One who is void of certitudes 'All this is only consciousness, I am consciousness alone' is the
Videha Mukta. 

26.  One who is ever disposed as consciousness alone, sporting within comfortably seated and inwardly
blissful alone is the Videha Mukta.

27.  Of the form of unlimited Self, subtler than the subtlest, immaculate, transcending even the fourth
state, the supreme bliss - such a one is the Videha Mukta.

28.  One who is without even name, the Self of all, the formless, not an atheist either, whose self is
the supreme Brahman alone is the Videha Mukta.

29. Transcending the fourth state, transcending himself, and transcending even this he is all-being;
equanimous in auspicious and inauspicious times, he alone is the Videha Mutka.

30.  Equipoised in bondage and liberation, the Self of all, the inner Self, the Self of the world, the supreme,
the Self alone - such a one alone is the Videha Mutka.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
31.  The perfect Self everywhere, ever beyond the supreme, the inner Self, the limitless Self alone is
the Videha Mutka.

32.  The Self that is not knowledge and devoid of knowledge, that which is not the inert and bereft of
insentience and without any concepts of truths, the Self of all, alone is Videha Mukta.

33.  One who has no absorption, who is the end of absorption, who is not the goal and devoid of a goal,
who 'Is not' and who 'Is' - alone is the Videha Mukta.

34.  The Self full of awareness, the expanse of consciousness, the bliss of consciousness, clothed in
consciousness, the Self of the form of consciousness alone is the Videha Mukta.

35.  The Self of the form of Being Awareness Bliss, the embodiment of Being Awareness Bliss alone is
the Videha Mukta.

36. Ever full of Brahman eternally, always abiding in oneself, the Self of the form of undivided whole
ever, alone is the Videha Mukta.

37.  The Self that is a solid mass of knowledge, the embodiment of solid mass of knowledge alone is the
Videha Mukta.

38.  For whom there is no body whatsoever, for whom there is no reminiscence of anything in the least,
the eternal Self, abiding in the Self alone is the Videha Mukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
39.  For whom the mind is non existent, whose state is the Self of Brahman, who is the Self of yoga,
who is endowed with yoga alone is Videha Mukta.

40.  One for whom consciousness alone is, all forms of mind are given up, all modifications of qualities
and their absence are terminated -- alone is the Videha Mukta.

41.  One for whom there are no time and space, nothing to comprehend, nothing to remember even if
supreme, who has renounced even certitude, alone is the Videha Mukta.

42.  One whose bliss is of the Bhuma - the Ground, and the transcendental, who is purged of all material
enjoyment, who is the witness, devoid of any witness for oneself is the Videha Mukta.

43.  Let it be 'he'.  Let it be 'someone'.  Let it be 'none'.  Be it a little.  Be it not even a little.  Be it none.
Be it Self or non self, the conscious Self and consciousness or inertness - all these am I.

44. One for whom the world is non self, not even of the form of Brahman, who is of the form of oneself,
who is the light of oneself alone is the Videha Mukta.

45.  One who is blissful transcending words, bereft of all senses, who is beyond all transcendental states
is alone the Videha Mukta.

46.  One who is beyond the modes of the mind, who does not illuminate them and who is devoid of all
such mental activity alone is the Videha Mukta.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »
47.  One who has no remembrance of the body - neither huge nor emaciated  - at the time
of disembodiment alone is the Videha Mukta.

48.  One who abides as the negligible, ever devoid of everything, who is settled as Brahman alone
is the Videha Mukta.

49.  The supreme Brahman, the supernal Bliss, the supreme Self, beyond the beyond.  One whose
exterior and interior are unseen by others alone is the Videha Mukta.

50.  One who is the pure essence of the Vedanta, who abides in the pure, serene Self, who has purged
that distinction too alone is the Videha Mukta.

51.  Enjoying the nectarine essence of Brahman, abiding as the nectarine elixir of Brahman, one who
is immersed in the immortal elixir of Brahman, alone is the Videha Mukta.

52. The substratum of the nectarine essence of Brahman, oneself the nectarine essence of Brahman,
one who is contented with nectarine essence of Brahman alone is the Videha Mukta.

53. Blissful in the supreme Brahman, resplendent as the essence of Brahmic Bliss, the transcendental
light of Brahmic joy - such a one alone is the Videha Mukta.

54.  One who is joyous in the Brahmic Bliss, the gap-less nectar  of Brahman, the Brahmic joy,the
ever Blissful alone is the Videha Mukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2016, 10:36:10 AM »
55.  One whose experience is the Brahmic Bliss, whose worship of Siva is the Brahmic nectar, who
relishes the Brahmic nectar alone is the Videha Mukta.

56. One whose wedlock is in the essence of Brahmic Bliss whose family is the nectar of Brahman, who
is associated with people in the Brahmic Bliss alone is the Videha Mukta.

57.  Living in the choicest nectar of Brahman, seated in the temple of Brahmic Bliss, one whose constant
repetition is of the Brahmic nectar alone is the Videha Mukta.

58.  The finale of whose body is Brahmic Bliss, whose senses display Brahmic Bliss, whose learning
is full of Brahmic nectar alone is the Videha Mukta.

59.  Intoxicated by the vigor of Brahmic Bliss, suffused with the essence of Brahmic nectar, one who
ever reposes in the Self that is Brahmic alone is the Videha Mukta.

60.  This chapter on liberation from the body is so rare to come by all in the texts.  It has been revealed
to you by me O great Yogi!  Emancipation from the body occurs by listening to this.

61.  Skanda:

I worship Your feet O Lord of the helpless, consort of Uma and wearing the ruler of night, the moon, in the
crown of Your matted locks.  Save me Lord of the Pramatha hosts, who with a spark emanating from the
fiery forehead the love God Manmatha to ashes.

62.  O three eyed Lord, whose body is smeared with the holy ashes!  Let my mind-lotus ever attain association
with Thy eyes by a momentary side glance.  Thereby I shall be able to overcome the vicious cycle of
transmigration full of sorrow deluding the multitudes into bondage, the escape from which is not known
to the Vedas ir ever their crest, the Upanishads.

The chapter 12, a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagaha, called the 'description of the chapter on liberation
from the body, in the sixth amsa called Sankara in Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »
Chapter 13:

1. Ribhu: Listen to that which is hard to find in the world, the cream of all essence and the most high.
All this is the form of the Self. Nothing in the least exists besides the Self.

2.  All is the Self, the Supreme, the highest Self, the all transcending, the Self of the form of eternal bliss.
Nothing exists other than the Self.

3.  Of the perfect form is the great Self; the sacred Self;  the eternal Self.  The Self is of the nature of the
changeless, the blemish-less Self; of the nature of the selfless.

4.  The Self is of the nature of peace and peace-less-ness   There is not a whit other than the Self.  The
individual self is verily the Supreme Self.  The Self which is full of consciousness is with and without
consciousness.  The one Self, the Self of a unitary nature, the Self which is not singular, it is diversted
of the self.

5.  The Self is of the nature of the liberated and the unliberated.  It is devoid of liberation and non-
liberation.  The Self is of the nature of freedom. There is not an iota other than the Self.

6.  The Self of the nature of dual and the non dual.  It is bereft of duality and non duality.  The Self
is void of everything.  There is not a trace besides the Self.

7.  The Self is of the nature of joyful and joy less.  The Self of liberation, the divine Self, the Self is
thought free essence.  There is not an whit besides the Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »
8. The peerless Self, the stainless Self, the Self that is intelligence, the Self that is the primordial person,
the blissful Self, the birth-less Self -  there is not a bit besides the Self.

9.  The incalculable Self, the Self of the multitudes, the immortal Self that is the interior of immortality,
the Self of the past, the present and the future -- besides the Self there is nothing.

10.  The Self that is all, the conceivable Self, the measurable Self inferred by imagination; the
transcendental and serene Self -- besides the Self there is nothing.

11.  The Self  that is ever directly present;  the ever directly proven.  The Self is of the nature devoid
of otherness.  There is nothing besides the Self.

12.  The Self is of the nature devoid of unreality with nothing besides It, It is verily the sovereign Lord.
The pure Self is neither knowledge nor ignorance and is devoid of measure and measureless.

13. The Self bereft of permanence and impermanence is different from the fruits of 'here' (world) and
'yonder' (heaven etc.,).  The Self is devoid of the sextet of sama, dama, uparati etc.,  Besides the Self
there is nothing.

14.  The Self is without even the craving for liberation.  The Self that is sound, the Self is dama (self-
restraint), the Self is uparati (self withdrawal) ever -  besides the Self there is nothing.

15. The Self is titiksha (forbearance) and at all times.  Samadhana or Samadhi (spiritual absorption)
ever abides in the Self. The Self is pure and ever abides within.  There is nothing besides the Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:15 AM »
16.  The Self is devoid of the gross sheath of food.  The Self is without the sheath of vital airs.  The Self
is without the sheath of mind. There is nothing besides the Self.

17.  The Self is devoid of the sheath of intellect, bliss, and such.  The Self is devoid of the five sheaths. 
There is nothing other than the Self.

18.  The Self is of the nature of the unwavering.  The Self is devoid of oscillation.  The Self is without
the Sabdanuviddha Samadhi.  Besides the Self there is nothing.

19.  The Self is bereft of the gross body.  The Self is without the subtle body.  The Self is without a
causal body.  Besides the Self there is nothing.

20.  The Self is devoid of the Drsyanuviddha Samadhi.  The Self is without beginning, middle or end.
Peaceful, the Self is void of Samadhi. There is nothing besides the Self.

21.  The Self is devoid of aphoristic statements of Prajna.  It is rid of phrases like 'I am Brahman'.
The aphorism 'That thou art' and such are the Self.  There is nothing besides the Self.

22.  The Self is not 'This is the Self'.  It is devoid of all aphorisms regarding the Self.  The Self of Om.
The Self of qualities - there is nothing behind the Self.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.