Author Topic: Guru Ramana Vachana Malai - by Lakshmana Sarma - 'WH0'  (Read 8580 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Guru Ramana Vachana Malai - by Lakshmana Sarma - 'WH0'
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »
Non Duality:

241.  When by the Grace of God, which is easily won by devotion, the mind becomes calm in the Heart,
then is experienced that One,  which is both the light and the sky (space) by which and in which the mind
and all else seem to exist.

242.  The sky of Pure Consciousness is like a cremation ground, where the One alone remains, the false
self being cremated in the fire of Self Realization, as a forest is burnt by a conflagration.

243.  No object appears in the presence of the Real Self, since it is all burnt to nothing by the fire of
Pure Consciousness;  the One Self alone remains, the unlimited Eye in that Supreme State. 

244.  In my Vision of the Self, I alone am, thou art not; in thy vision, thou alone art; in the vision of the
Reality, the Self is all.  When the truth is sought, I am myself all.

245. How can the man who knows not the Self, and whose consciousness is limited to the body,
imagine the nature of the State of the Illumined One, who is aware of naught other than the Self,
having won the Experience of the Infinite Self?

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 11:32:56 AM »
246.  The Self alone is real;  all else is illusory; therefore in the end (when the Truth is realized) all else
will glide out of vision and the truth of oneself will alone be left.

247.  In this State of Silence, which is ego-less and, mind free, who is there called 'I' to say 'I am Brahman'.

247 A.  Various questions and answers are possible in the language of duality, not in the Silence of
Non Duality; thus did Acharya  Ramana set forth the transcendent nature of Non Duality.

248.  This is the Vision Infinite, where there are no pairs of opposites, nor space not time, nor action,
nor its fruition, nor any other non  Self, implying duality.

249.  As wetness, sweetness, and coolness are really water and not three different entities, so, in the
Experience of the Self, Reality, Consciousness and Ecstasy are only the Real Self.

250. In that immutable State of Reality which is taught by the Vedanta there is no time,. nor distinction
of persons  (as 'I', 'you, and 'he') nor the triads.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »
251:  As the one (undivided) sky is perceived as differentiated by identification with a pot or building,
so the Blissful Consciousness (the Self) us conceived as soul and God;  these two are not really different.

252:  As two figures of sandal wood made to represent a master and a servant (are both sandal wood),
so God and the soul are (both) the Real, namely Brahman;  they are not different.

253:  As one and the same woman, unchanged, is designated by the words 'wife' and the like (according
to the standpoint of speaker), so the immutable Self is perceived variously by men whose minds are
engrossed in worldly pursuits.

254:  The Liberated one has neither knowledge of difference, nor knowledge of non difference.  The non-
difference arising of knowledge of difference is referred to by the wise as 'knowledge of non difference.'

255: Just as the ignorant see objects of sense perception,  because of their minds being directed outwards,
so the one whose bonds are broken is aware only of the Consciousness, which is the real substance of
all appearances.

256:  Knowing of non self is possible only so long as the Self is perceived as with form.  When one realizes
the formless Self, to whom can knowledge of non self occur?

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
257.  Let God forms as well as the forms of the world appear so long as one does not realize the Self.
When the Self is realized, to whom are these forms real?

258.  If in the Heart of the State of Being the Self is won by persistence (in the Quest) by the exclusion
of thoughts, then the Sky of Pure Consciousness will shine alone, without anything else (subject or object).

259.  The ego (seer) is unreal;  this world of objects seen is also unreal; the mind that is aware of the two
is also unreal;  only the Sky of Pure Consciousness remains over (in Self Realization) as real.

260.  I shall declare the essence of the teaching, as given in all the Upanishads: when by the death of the
ego, the Self is realized to be the same as that Supreme Consciousness, there remains over only the Self
who is Pure Consciousness.

Guru Ramana Vachana Mala - completed.

Arunachala Siva.