Author Topic: Health issues  (Read 13706 times)

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Health issues
« on: January 23, 2016, 02:19:35 AM »
dear all,

everything in this post has been written in lowercase wherever possible, to make life a little bit easier for me at this time.

two months ago i began to lose the use of my left hand and arm [i am left handed] and to experience severe pain in my entire arm. at first the doctors thought it was related to cervical spondylosis [i am 66 years old] and ordered cervical and full-spine MRI scans. the scans revealed a healthy spine, but a mass over the left brachial plexus. this was scanned in more detail.

it appears that there is tumour surrounding and crushing the nerves of the brachial plexus, plus other nerves and blood vessels in that area, hence the pain and paralysis of my left arm.

its origin is bone cancer, but is currently limited to my top rib and the outgrowing mass. this has made life somewhat more difficult for me, especially typing and other two-hand related tasks.

i am receiving treatment to shrink the tumour away from the nerves, in order to relieve the pain and hopefully restore the use of my arm [if only for a few months, so that i can finish everything].

whilst i am still clear and capable of it, i am currently engaged in tidying up my worldly affairs in the event that nothing works.

this will include the future of all of my domains ... ownership will transfer to my daughter and an account will be set up to pay for them for the next ten years. she will find someone skilled at these things to maintain the sites, with perhaps some help from members with regard to the forum.

my love and best wishes to you all

graham
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:20:11 AM by Graham »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Health issues
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:09:34 AM »
Dear Graham Sir,

These news are so shocking for me... I am deeply touched with this post,and very sad to hear all this...
I sincerly and truly hope there is a place and time for miracles,and wish all will be well with You!

For few years now i am visiting this forum,and since i came here i felt strong Bhagavan's presence here. Never went to Tiru,but here,i feel i am there,i feel i am home. And i am so very sure,all becauuse of You,all because of love...
Through You,dear Graham,i have found Srimad Bhagavatam,through You,i have found Krishna... For the rest of this life and beyond,i will be grateful!!!
This place is my peace,my love...

I truly,truly hope i will be able to meet You one day...

With All Love and Prayers,
Yours in Bhagavan!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:40:22 AM by Jewell »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:02:09 AM »
no words comes out of me to express my status after hearing this. yes, it also sets up an anger feeling instantly towards the so called God why He/She is so cruel. i along with all love you graham and pray sincerely from deepest of our hearts that you will get well soon and be with us actively in all your peace..my love to your daughter also though i have never heard about her.
om namo bhagavathe sri ramanaya 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 06:54:57 AM »
Dear Sri Graham,

I pray to Sri Bhagavan to help you by curing the tumor and make you alright.
What more is wanted except to have a healthy life, particularly for those who are engaged
in Sri Bhagavan's work?

Arunachala Siva.

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 09:16:17 AM »
Dear Sir,
I pray to Sri Bhagavan and Arunachala that the malady which came suddenly, also goes away quickly ,without needing any further medical intervention, by the bountiful and limitless grace of Bhagavan and Arunachala.
May you get completely well soon.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:18:34 AM »
Dear graham,

All comes acc to strange destiny and while we naturally hope that it should get better, let us also be brave to face whatever comes.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 11:46:40 AM »
Dear Graham,
Just now happened to see this post.You are truly a Blessed devotee to whom all of us are deeply indebted for this Forum.The Grace that has upheld you and brought you here to Holy Arunachala is very much with you at this hour of trouble and it will ever sustain you.I am sure you know this but am saying this for my consolation.
Coming to medical Reports,they have their utility and help Doctors to take up whatever course of action they deem fit.It is just that in your case you had a problem with your left hand and hence you went for this scan and it revealed the growth of tumour and what they say is of cancerous origin(Bone Cancer).Many of us who are also 60+ are functional and hence have not gone for any of these scans,and are never sure whether something or other may not turn up if so scanned!We just carry on in just being functional unaware of whatever 'assets' we carry in our bodies!This is the only difference.(Our Master TGN pointed this out and I never forget this!)

I hope that the treatment relieves you of the pain and that full functionality is restored to your arm.It is indeed a good idea to tidy up worldly affairs,so that we travel light and hold on to God with 'Both the Hands' as Sri Ramakrishna used to say.

As regards this:
ownership will transfer to my daughter and an account will be set up to pay for them for the next ten years. she will find someone skilled at these things to maintain the sites, with perhaps some help from members with regard to the forum.

Please do let us know whatever help is needed from the Forum members.We are indebted to help in whatever way we can.

Namaskar

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »
dear all,

thank you so much for your support, tears flow each time i read your posts - the first time in forty years that such has happened. this illness has removed the hardness that had taken over my heart as time passed, something for which i am deeply grateful.

yes, it came upon me suddenly in just a few weeks, an unusual tumour in an unlikely place [for someone of my age], i would not have even noticed it had it not been for the extreme pain caused by the crushing of the nerves.

it is a non-metastatic high grade osteosarcoma on the left first rib. a PET scan shows that there are no others. clearly there is a purpose to this and no doubt that will become clear as time passes.

i have absolutely no fear of death and do not question god's will, i suspect however that this is entirely my doing and that i fully deserve it, i therefore accept it with an open heart in the knowledge that nothing is without purpose. i also know that god does not punish except to reward.

my thanks and best wishes to you all

graham

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »
Dear Graham,

I appreciate your views regarding disease, death etc.,  You are sure to attain Bhagavan's Feet.
However, we want you live a few more years at least, to run this show so that many many devotees
will be present and happy.

Arunachala Siva.

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »
mr graham 
this is just to remind you to see my mail to you wherein i have given a doctor's  excellence in curing cancer of your type  in all probability by homeopathy ; i have recorded references to bear the testimony.
i leave it to you to your choice.
May Bhagavan guide you in all your steps

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
Dear Graham

May Lord Ramana Bhagavan's grace showers on you to relieve  the pain

HEALING GRACE
By M. V. Ramaswami Iyer

IN the year 1907 I went to Tiruvannamalai to have darshan of Bhagavan. I climbed up to the Virupaksha cave. In order to safeguard Bhagavan from the intruding pilgrims of the Kartikai festival, one Krishnayya kept guard at the gate of the cave. So I had to wait outside till Bhagavan came out. He soon came out and went away without even glancing at me. I followed and overtook him. He stopped and looked at me. Words poured out of my mouth, "I am suffering, beset with many diseases. Have mercy on me". He replied, "I am neither a physician nor a magician. What can I do or tell you". Anguish welled up from the depths of my heart, and I said, "I came because I heard of your greatness. Will not my good luck be as great"? He looked at me for a long moment and said, "Go home, have courage. No harm will come to you". And he waved his hand in a peculiar way. Somehow it gave me hope.

Soon I settled at Tiruvannamalai and thus began my daily visits to Bhagavan, sometimes staying for the night with him. One day Bhagavan was sitting all alone in front of Virupaksha cave. A strange emotion got hold of me and I asked him in English, "My Lord, Jesus and other great souls have come down to earth to save sinners like me. Is there hope for me"? Bhagavan seemed moved by my cry of distress. He came closer and said in a quiet voice, "Yes, there is hope, there is hope."

Bhagavan and Yogi Ramaiah

When I returned home a song welled up in my mind and I wrote it down. Since then I wrote songs by Bhagavan's grace. When I brought my first song to Bhagavan and recited it before him, he gave me some instructions in prosody and illustrated them with examples from great Telugu poets. Since them I wrote songs and poems without much thought or effort all the years until Bhagavan's samadhi. Then the spring dried up, for it was not a gift I brought with me. It was all His grace.

My physical ailments tormented me so much that on a festival day I was plunged in deep dejection. When Echammal brought some special food in the evening, all except me went to the nearby waterfall to have their meal. Everything was pleasant and joyous but my mind was full of darkness and my body full of pain. Bhagavan sent Vasudeva Sastri to call me. I said that the rich food did not agree with me and that I had to stick to my diet. As I spoke my head turned towards Bhagavan as if impelled by some superior force and I saw him beckon to me. I went near and sat down. I was served various dishes. I had no courage to eat and was sitting gloomily when Bhagavan said, "Eat". All fear gone, I started eating and had my first hearty meal in many years. That night I had a sound sleep.

In the morning I felt strong and healthy. My dyspepsia had disappeared completely and my heart overflowed with gratitude. Bhagavan's grace continued to manifest in my life and helped me overcome all family problems. When I was transferred to Berhampore I was afflicted with boils on my legs. The pain was terrible and all medication failed. I had a fixed idea that only Arunachala could help me. One day I was surprised to find two Brahmins from Tiruvannamalai standing at my door. When I asked who knocked they replied, `Arunachala'. They were on their way to the North and had been asked by Bhagavan to break journey at Berhampore and meet me. When they saw my pitiable condition they made a paste of tamarind mixed with some fragrant gum and smeared my legs with it. The next day there was no trace of boils. It was then that I composed the song Saranagati in praise of the Holy Feet of Bhagavan, my only refuge. This famous song has often been sung by devotees for invoking the grace of Bhagavan.

TRANSLITERATION OF SARANAGATHI SONG
(Raga: Navaroj -- composed by Manavasi V. Ramaswamy Iyer in 1914)
Pallavi

Saranagathi Un Para Nan
Inippugathunaithan Yedu
Nee Pugalai --

(Saranagathi)
Anupallavi

Smaranath Gathi Phala Arunachala Nirai
Ramana. . . Karuna. . . Varuna
(Saranagathi)
Saranam

Tharunam Idu Vanro Karunai Nokkave
Kalaharanam Aakkidil Haa Haa En Seiven
Thunbai Neekki Inbai Alikka En Anba
Innam Paramukham Ennal Thaladayya
Sri Vediya
(Saranagathi)
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »
Dear Sri Graham,

When i read your post today morning i was taken aback and was short of any words that i could respond with. Incidently i have been doing Valmiki Ramayana Parayanam over the last 8 days concluding today on the 9th day. I thought i would respond after the conclusion of my parayanam.

As i was doing my parayanam it occured that how many people who come in our lives go unnoticed but would have made a mark in our hearts which we only know in some special moment. It occured to me then that you too have occupied a space in my heart, even though we have not met or seen each other.

I am reminded of my cousin who also had to go through treatment for a tumor in his brain, and by God's grace he has recovered and is fine. We pray and wish for the same for you as well.

Yesterday in my parayanam, Hanuman flies and brings back a mountain inorder to fetch a medicinal herb for Lakshmana when he was injured. In the same manner we pray the almight heals you quickly. Today being the concluding day of parayanam, i remembered you all through my parayanam and we all pray to that almighty to be with you and your family in this time of your physical hardship.

Bhagawan's grace is already with you and your family.

As members have already shared, i too have been immensely benefited by my interactions with everyone here.

With prayers and best wishes
In Bhagawan
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »
Dear Graham Boyd,

It occurred to me last night (not in dream).  Apart from your medication, you can follow the following:

1.  You can take the Vibhuti from Asramam, the Vibhuti applied to Sri Ramaneswara Maha Lingam
and then take it with water.

2.  You can apply the Vibhuti along with sandal paste on the skin above the rib which has been
affected by the cancer.

3. You can persuade Asramam authorities to give you one of the water pots used by Bhagavan and after
cleaning it, you can fill water and take it in tumbler along with the Vibhuti.

4. If Asramam authorities permit, you can sleep in front of Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam at night
and after prayer and going around the Lingam say, eleven times every night, you can sleep there,
praying to Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam saying Arunachala Siva, as many times as possible before
sleep overtakes you.   

Arunachala Siva.

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 12:43:40 AM »
Dear Graham,

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Should you need another medical opinion, please let me know. I am assuming you are in tiruvannamalai.

I am sure you have read enough of Bhagavan to know what he has said in these circumstances. So there is nothing for me to add.

Should you need any assistance in the continuation of the web site please let me know.

Best wishes.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 07:20:34 PM »
Respected Sir,

It is shocking to know about your health concern. I hope almighty gives you enough strength to overcome this challenging phase of life. We all are thankful to you and will remain obliged even in the future for creating this spiritual platform for us.

Wishing you for speedy recovery.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!