Author Topic: Found my Arunachala in my country :)  (Read 852 times)

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Found my Arunachala in my country :)
« on: November 21, 2015, 08:32:47 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Let me introduce my background so that you can give me better answers maybe. I am from Hungary, I have started a topic about Christian teachings and Ramana's teaching, in which I wrote how I had been excommunicated from a protestant church because I read Ramana's teaching and some people there got to know about this, not liking it at all. It was years ago.

I have once been to Tiruvannamalai and Ramana's Ashram as well.
But I have not got the chance to return again.

In the meantime I converted to Roman Catholicism, after coming back from Tiruvannamalai. I go to mass regularly and at home I read Ramana's teachings as well.

This has just happened to me recently (and that's why I am posting right now): I saw pictures of a small village up in the hills not so far from my place here in Hungary, Europe. I just had to go and check that place, felt the urge like never before. When I got there with a friend of mine who is from there, I had to go into the Roman Catholic temple there. I managed to get in with permission. I could sit and pray there for a while, without interruptions. And this was the time Ramana came to my mind again rigth there...and I cannot leave that village up there in the hills with its small temple in my heart. Of course, I had to come back home but the urge to go back there and pray there is so strong like never before. I feel that's my Arunachala here in my country. Somehow the two places Tiruvannamalai and this village here up in the hills with it's temple are one for me. I can't really explain it other way, but I have never ever experienced this with any other places.
I feel the urge to practice Self Enquiry as well as going to mass in the Roman Catholic church...and go back to my Arunachala in my country whenever I can. :)

What do you think about this situation?

Thank you very  much for your kind replies.
Kicsi108

shiba

• View Profile
Re: Found my Arunachala in my country :)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:19:13 AM »
It is a good story. You are very fortunate that you find arunachala in your country. Maybe there is a place like arunachala in every country. I don't know how to explain what occured to you, but it must be good fortune.I think that Bhagavan find no difference between teaching of Jesus and his in essence. Maybe your Bhagavan graciously found your arunachala in your country for you ;D