Author Topic: Stones from Arunachala as Shiva Lingams?  (Read 1549 times)

lalit1000

• View Profile
Stones from Arunachala as Shiva Lingams?
« on: September 01, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »
Dear Brothers and friends,
                                       Please read the following lines (specially the bold line), quoted from the "Arunachala Puranam":
All stones in that place Arunachala are lingams. It is indeed the abode of Lord Siva. All trees are the wish-granting trees of Indra's heaven. Its rippling waters are the Ganges, flowing through our Lord's matted locks. The food eaten there is the ambrosia of the Gods. To go round it in pradakshina is to perform pradakshina of the world. Words spoken there are holy scripture, and to fall asleep there is to be absorbed in samadhi, beyond the mind's delusion. Could there be any other place which is its equal?"
-source: Tamil Arunachala Puranam
So it must be true that any stones from Arunachala are Shiva lingams very much like, say, the Banalingams found in the Narmada river.
My question, is anyone out here who is doing a daily worship of such   Shiva lingams ?Can anyone post some close up pics of any stones they picked up from Arunachala?
Thanks and Regards.

skpatil

• View Profile
Re: Stones from Arunachala as Shiva Lingams?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
Good to see your post.
i visited Arunachala 5 tims. At least 3 times, before proceeding to Arunachala,  i wanted to bring Shivalingams (stones); But I could not bring. I really do not know the reason.

lalit1000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »
That sounds quite interesting Mr Patil.Thank you for ur response.If anyone else have any such pics i have requested for please post them here.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 09:45:21 PM »
Dear Lalit,

After a period of 2 years or so,  i was fortunate one day to bring a fine small stone to my house.

Why do you need a picture?  It is a stone only.  One has to go to pooja room and focus on that stone and send you a photo. You will get any size of stones.  But before packing your stone, better check if it is solid enough or not.  Powdery stones will not come for a long time.

Actually you can get stone anytime, Arunachala will happily come with you as a symbol of worship.

I used to touch the stone every time i wake up in the night. 

Sometimes better to chant lot of shiva japa before picking up stones, because some of the bad karma should be burnt before you pick the stone.