Author Topic: The strong rush of vasanas -- advise some verses  (Read 1504 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
The strong rush of vasanas -- advise some verses
« on: August 16, 2015, 08:33:15 AM »
Dear devotees,

it has been long since I wrote.

I am writing for some practical advise, verses or re-collecting points only from works of our Bhagavan on the below issue faced by me.

While depression,  demotivation, sadness and fear also pulls down our sadhana & its intensity,  these elements at least subdue our ego temporarily.  One at least does not get boasted about all this and hence this produces tears and pain which is good for a sadhaka to root his pride.

And with the above issues, sometimes in the few days of gap & rest that life gives between one sadness and other sadness, my bad desires arise in between.

In a extreme classic example last Sunday such a gap and occasion triggered to read a few extracts of the related material sources corresponding to those inner bad desires.

I don't want to elaborate on what those desires are, what is its nature etc.  But it is bad enough for more and more worldly karma to get added to our account of Aagami.

Now to my astonishment, it hijacked my entire being for the next few days when I was fully immersed in those desires ( of course mentally) using the related book sources as my pointers & instruments.

I sometimes wondered that if I put the same effort and same intensity and concentration and dedication to Self Enquiry, I would realize the Self in a year.

My request:

please suggest some works of Bhagavan and his related works from direct devotees, which I can silenty use for contemplation and chanting to overcome such evil vasanas.

I could refer to the verses myself,  but the moment I put it into the consciousness of sincere devotees, the strength of vasanas gets reduced by the sat-sang effect it has, which I believe is still active and energetic even in web forums to some extent.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaaya.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: The strong rush of vasanas -- advise some verses
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
I could refer to the verses myself,  but the moment I put it into the consciousness of sincere devotees, the strength of vasanas gets reduced by the sat-sang effect it has, which I believe is still active and energetic even in web forums to some extent.

Bhagavan Ramana's prescription for the ailment that you have mentioned and also Adi Shankara's prescription for the same is "SAT SANGHA"( refer Bhaja Govindam )  .  When you find web based satsangha like this forum is itself useful how useful will real satsangha will be . Try attending some satang in your area at least once a week and see the difference urself . If you find difficulty in attending satsang have a satsang in your own place weekly for 1-1.5 hrs

How to Organize a Ramana Satsangh is given here :

http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/centres/satsang-format/

Many people beleive that to Organize ur Satsangh you need a big spacious house or big spacious halls etc .No doubt a big place can accomodate more people comfortably  but  when I started my Yoga Sadhana journey more than 15 years back I have attended Satsangs even in Small 800 Sq.Ft apartments in Oridinary locations in Chennai  and it had a wonderful energy and it proved very useful .Problem is no one is intersted in Organizing Satsangh at home and everyone is intersted in participating in attening Satsanghs outside . Many Satsangs that are quite popular today did not start with a big bang  right away .It always started with 2-3 people to start with and slowly evolved .  Numbers does not matter . You must feel spiritually energised after attending the same . Many such satsangs in small apartments  take place in many cities and while some are mentioned in the net , others are not mentioned and take place in an informal way .

So best is be part of one such satsangh or better organize one in your own place weekly once .That is the one of the best solutions I feel .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:19:22 PM »
Dear Sri Krishna,

I see Your request is aimed at the works of Bhagavan,and indeed,You can find satisfaction reading any of His works. So many of Bhagavan's works are posted  here.
Apart from it,i would recommend You to read Devi Gita,The Song of the Mother Goddess,a few chapters from Shrimad Devi Bhagvatam. You feel free to choose will You read it or not. it is just a friendly suggestion. I believe You will love it.

Here is the link: http://www.saivism.net/etexts/devi/devigita.asp#ch39

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:33:40 PM by Jewell »

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
what if you will never be self realized ?
in this moment , simply surrender to never being self realized
ahhhhh .... what a relief
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it