Author Topic: His Transforming Presence -- Joan Greenblatt.  (Read 757 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
His Transforming Presence -- Joan Greenblatt.
« on: March 03, 2015, 07:39:43 AM »
I was first drawn to Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi over 25 years ago, through a remarkable photograph of His.  At that time,
I experienced a feeling of coming home to something that was always a part of me. Initially, I devoured every book on His life
and teaching, being both fascinated and charmed.  For almost a year I read the small booklet Who am I? on a daily basis,
letting the words sink in. I don't think I truly intellectually understood the import of the words but my heart began to open
in a deep and profound way.  In times of silence and attentiveness, the recognition of Who am I? became more and more
of an intuitive experience, beyond the realm of thought.

During this period, Bhagavan the person, held me in His grip through His profound  humanity, compassion, soft doe like eyes,
and great wisdom which provides each individual with what is most needed at that moment.  The events of His life were
fascinating, spontaneous realization, austere life in caves upon the  Hill,and immense compassion - ultimately manifesting
in the form of an Asramam that grew around Him.  His was a life of true perfection and grace, both inwardly and outwardly.

Arunachala  Siva.