Author Topic: Warning about myZamana  (Read 4904 times)

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Warning about myZamana
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:44:56 AM »
A few days ago I started getting unsolicited mail from a site called 'myzamana', telling me that there was a message from someone called Surya, followed by other mails offering to share Surya's photos, etc.

At first I ignored and deleted the mails, but they just kept coming. In the end I visited the site using a secure browser to try and have my mail ID removed and found that there is no way to do this.

I did not register or even interact with site apart from trying to find the unsubscribe link, but left the site not finding anything.

Within a few minutes I received mail from the site thanking me for registering - which I certainly did not do, followed by a whole host of invitation mails from other apparent users, who were no doubt sucked in the same way.

After searching google, I discovered that this site hacks gmail accounts to gain full access to the address lists of those who use gmail in their mailing address - see this link:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/if-you-get-an-email-from-myzamana-trash-it/

Using the unsubscribe links in the emails also does not work, as it clearly does not remove your email ID from their server.

I have forwarded some of the unsolicited mails to the FTC in the USA - the USA is where myzamana is registered and it therefore falls under USA laws.

Hopefully they will act against this site if sufficient complaints are forwarded to the FTC.

In the meantime, spam filtering at ISP level does not work as they use a different reply to address like the one below with every mail

noreply+d-162854ed24408182e461266663_4b6c3263a2b3d1179b69e6ab13c13f51@m3.myzamanamail.com

I can only recommend that users forward unsolicited mails from myzamana to the FTC at this address - spam@uce.gov - then delete any mails from this company and do not even attempt to unsubscribe.

Also check your browser and mail clients for any cookies from this company and delete them.

Graham

drsundaram

• View Profile
Re: Warning about myZamana
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »
thank you so much mr graham for the care and concern
om namo bhagavathe sri ramanaya