Author Topic: Bhagavan Sri Ramana-Words of Grace-comments  (Read 2259 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Bhagavan Sri Ramana-Words of Grace-comments
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:19:09 AM »
Nagaraj/Friends,
I have opened two threads -Bhagavan Sri Ramana-words of Grace and this one which may carry comments/Reflection of devotees on Bhagavan's words of Grace.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Sri Ramana-Words of Grace-comments
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
Friends,
Sri Bhagavan in verse 28 of akshara mana malai :சாப்பா டுன்னைச் சார்ந்துண வாயான் சாந்தமாய்ப் போவ னருணாசலா .

Verse 28 of Tiruppavai begins thus:கறவைகள் பின் சென்று கானம் சேர்ந்து உண்போம்

Andal clearly points to the nature of this 'food'-that it is something that is the essence of the vedas-the கானம் not just refers to the sama ganam but the whole of the vedas-the sounds of the vedas are music to the awakened soul.

கறவைகள் பின் சென்று-means following the way of the wise ones.

The Taittriya upanishad wonderfully captures this:

Hāa vu! Hāa vu! Hāa vu!
Aham annam aham annam aham annam!
Aham annādo'ham annādo'ham annādah!
Aha'm ślokakrt aha'm ślokakrt aha'm ślokakrt!
Aham asmi prathamajā rtāasya!
Poorvam devebhyo'mrtasya nāabhāayī!
Yo mā dadāti sa ideva māavāh!
Aham annam aham annam adantam āadmi!
Aham viśwam bhuvanam abhyabhavāam!
Suvarnajyotīh!

Hāa vu! Hāa vu! Hāa vu! [Sounds of ecstasy] I am the food, I am the food, I am the food! I am the eater of the food, I am the eater of the food, I am the eater of the food! I am the maker of verses [poet], I am the maker of verses, I am the maker of verses! I am the first born of this world, the manifestation of truth as the formed and the formless! I existed before the gods! I am the centre of immortality! He who offers food, it is this me he protects! I am food, I am food and I am the one who eats up the eater of food! It is I that has become the entire universe! I am the golden light!

Sri Ramakrishna says :
The whole thing is to love God and taste His sweetness. He is sweetness and the devotee is its enjoyer. The devotee drinks the sweet Bliss of God. Further, God is the lotus and the devotee the bee. The devotee sips the honey of the lotus.
As a devotee cannot live without God, so also God cannot live without His devotee. Then the devotee becomes the sweetness, and God its enjoyer. The devotee becomes the lotus, and God the bee. It is the Godhead that has become these two in order to enjoy Its own Bliss.

Namaskar
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:15:42 AM by Ravi.N »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:09:37 AM »
In today's excerpt from the Maharshi's gospel,Sri Bhagavan says:

So I say the Self is not reached. You are the Self; you are already That.

Sri Bhagavan is saying 'Tatvam asi'. To listen to this saying with Sraddha and let it work to remove the ignorance is the essence of the contemplation 'Aham Brahmasmi'.It is not to think -'I am Brahman'.

Namaskar

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
im already me ? ..... who knew ? ....  hahahahaha
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:26:54 AM »
Beloved Abstract,
There is only listening and in listening there is no possibility of any question.If you have a question you have only heard the words but not listened to what is said.
Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 08:10:28 AM »
Childlike faith
"God cannot be realized without childlike faith. The mother says to her child, pointing to a boy, 'He is your elder brother.' And the child at once believes that the boy is one hundred per cent his brother. Again, the mother says that a bogy man lives in a certain room, and the child believes one hundred per cent that the bogy man lives in the room. God bestows His grace on the devotee who has this faith of a child. God cannot be realized by the mind steeped in worldliness."

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna