Author Topic: Deepam now and deep Arunachala chanting by fellow devotees  (Read 4315 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Deepam now and deep Arunachala chanting by fellow devotees
« on: November 17, 2013, 12:13:23 PM »
Dear Devotees

The Bharani deepam is already lit and the Maha Deepam will be lit today evening around 5:30-6 PM.

All forum devotees, let us all chant very deeply from the depth of our Heart,  Arunachala Shiva and concentrate fully on the Holy Hill and Maharishee in our Heart for the next 4-5 hours.

Let us vigorously pray to Arunachala to give salvation and free us from all types of karma -- sanchita , agami and even Prarabhda.

Let us intensely pray to our Father Lord Arunachala to remove all our bondage,  sins and give us peace of mind and vairagya.

Let us also pray that the rain showers currently going on is stopped during deepam time .

Annamalaiku Haro Haraaa!!

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: Deepam now and deep Arunachala chanting by fellow devotees
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/videostreaming/
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
I could see the  Mahadeepam in Graham Boyd's website (somewhat hazily) at 6.00 PM.  I could not see the same in the
Asramam website since it did not work well in my computer.  I could see Holy Beacon in Jaya TV channel very clearly.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
Here is one beautiful verse from 'AruL Pathu (Decad on Grace) from Tiruvachakam, 29.10

சோதியே சுடரே சூழொளி விளக்கே
சுரிசூழற் பணைமுலை மடந்தை
பாதியே பரனே பால்கொள்வெண்ணீற்றாய்
பங்கயத் தயனுமா லறியா
நீதியே செல்வத் திருப்பெருந்துறையில்
நிறைமலர்க் குருந்தமே வியசீர்
ஆதியே அடியேன் ஆதரித் தழைத்தால்
அதெந்துவே என் றரு ளாயே. 458

You are the Light You are the Lamp. 
You are concorporate with the lady with curly hair and well formed twin breasts.
You are wearing milky  white vibhuti.
You cannot be fathomed by Brahma and Vishnu.
You came as a Guru to me sitting under kurundai tree.
O the Primordial !  Will you not come to me?
Telling me, What is that you want?
You please grace me, and that is the only thing I want.

Arunachala Siva.     

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »
After trying many sites I was able to watch the Deepam live casting in podhigai http://www.turbotv.in/dd-podhigai-live/. It is a wonderful experience. We are very blessed to be able to see Arunachala live via streaming and also the web cam from anywhere in the world.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »
Dear Latha,

It is a darshan for which gods and godesses are waiting to see.  The Light removes the darkness (ignorance) of the mind.

Arunachala Siva. 

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »
Dear Ones,

I was fortunate enough to be at the holy land during the festival & due to too many clouds passing through the hill jyothi was hardly visible. During my 6 hours of pradakshina I have seen jyothi for few minutes all together. People said that it rained badly for the past 2 days. No wonder it was not properly captured in the cam.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »
Dear Vinod,

Yes.  The Light was visible on the summit clearly only from the evening of Tuesday, 19th November 2013.  The first two
days, it was not visible due to cloudy weather.  During my visit I could see the Light on the evenings of 19th, 20th and 21st.
On 22nd I had to return by noon so I had no chance to see.  However, webcam showed it till 24th Nov.

Arunachala Siva.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 12:13:02 AM »
Deepam festival is celebrated to commemorate the non-dual merger of the Divine Mother with Lord Arunachala. The high point of the festival is the lighting of the Holy Beacon in the highest peak of Arunachala Mountain on Friday December 5, 2014(Full moon day).
Many groups organize special worship, visitor feeding and dance-drama shows during the ten days of the festival. Several groups of highly qualified pundits recite the entire Vedas in Sri Ramanasramam and surrounding holy places in various meters.
Flag hoisting will take place tomorrow (November 26th). Durga ambol festival was observed on Sunday, Pidari utsavam on Monday and Lord Ganesh was worshipped today(Tuesday). Every morning and evening fully decorated Deities are taken out in procession around the temple. With the grace of Lord Arunachala, we hope to bring some images of the festivities to our readers.

THE GLORY OF SRI ARUNACHALA

Nandi said:
1. Arunachala is the holy place! Of all places it is the greatest! Know that it is the heart centre of the earth. It is Siva Himself. It is a secret place representing the Heart. Lord Shiva always abides there as a glorious hill called Arunachala!
2. Know that the day on which (Shiva); assumed for the first time the form of a great and wonderful linga under the name of Arunachala is athirai in the (Tamil month of) margazhi. And the day on which thecelestial beings led by Vishnu praised and worshipped Shiva, who appeared in the midst of that splendour (or appeared as that splendour) is Sivaratri (the night dedicated to Shiva) in the month of masi.
Siva said:
3. Though in fact fiery, my lack-lustre appearance as a hill on this spot is an act of grace for the maintenance of the world. I also abide here as the Siddha. Within me there are many glorious caves filled with all kinds of enjoyments. Know this.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »
Live TV coverage and online streaming video 2014 Karthigai Deepam

Tiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam -- December 5, 2014

Morning 4:00 am Bharani Deepam
Afternoon - Theerthavari Brahma Theertham
Evening 6:00 pm Karthigai Deepam at Arunachaleshwarar Temple

Live TV Coverage

Many TV channels will telecast Barani Deepam and Karthigai Deepam live from Tiruvannamalai on December 5, 2014; Sun News, Vijay TV, DD Podhigai, Zee Tamil, Raj TV, Sri Sankara TV, Jaya TV, and SVBC TTD TV -- from 4:00 pm onwards.

To watch Karthigai Deepam 2014 live on YouTube visit 'Swasthik TVCom Channel' at this link here:

You can watch online streaming of Tiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam 2014 on:

http://vasanth.tv/livetv.php
http://www.turbotv.in/dd-podhigai-live
http://www.dinamalar.com/thirvannamalai_live_video.asp http://www.svbcttd.com
http://srisankaratv.com

Karthigai Deepam online streaming video from Arunachaleswarar Temple official website at:
http://live.arunachaleswarar.org

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »
Carrying 2014 Karthigai Deepam pot up Arunachala

Every year during Deepam five earthen-pot lighted lamps, representing the five elements, provide the flame for the single Bharani Deepam which fisherman carry to the top of the mountain for use as the source-light for the Krittikai Deepam. It is also they who are entrusted with carrying the Deepam Cauldron up to the top of the Hill prior to the day of Mahadeepam.

The Deepam cauldron is hauled up the slopes of Arunachala supported by poles inserted into the cauldron's rings. The unique privilege for taking the flame (source-light) and cauldron up the Hill and also for the actual lighting of the Deepam Flame is always given (for long as the Hills recorded history) to men of the fishing caste.
The reason for the extraordinary grace shown to the fishing clan reputedly is explained by a famous legend of the time the Goddess Parvati was adopted by the king of the fishermen. A version of the story appears below.

Becoming a Fisherman

"Once, the Lord was explaining to the Goddess the secret import of the Vedas. However, the Goddess who was listening to the Lord, seemed to be beset with some anxiety and was otherwise engrossed. It was, therefore, apparent that She was listening in name only. The Lord noticed this and said that as She was not paying full attention to the important things discoursed by him she should be born in the fisherman?s community. The Goddess lamented this and the Lord assured Her that She would be born to the king of fishermen and that He (The Lord) would in due course come to wed her.

Ganapathi and Subrahmanya, the sons of the Lord were greatly perturbed by this and in their frenzy, considered the books of the Vedas to be the cause of the trouble and threw the offending books into the sea. The Lord took Nandikeswara to task for having allowed Vinayaka and Subrahmanya to go to Him without knowing His convenience and cursed him to become a shark in the sea. Any curse on Ganapathi would recoil on Him (the Lord) and hence the Lord did not impose any curse on him, however, Subrahmanya was cursed to become the dumb son of a merchant.

The Lord appeared in the guise of a young fisherman before the king of fishermen, who was struck with the personality and bearing of the young newcomer. To the king's enquiry He replied that he was a fishermen and could net any big fish or shark. The king told him of the prize offered for netting the shark infesting the area. The newcomer went to the sea and in no time netted the shark.
The king and his men were astonished at the feat. And happily gave to the newcomer his daughter in marriage and celebrated the wedding immediately. The bride and bridegroom immediately appeared as Siva and Parvati on their Vrishabha mount and the shark also appeared as Nandikeswara.

The king of the fishermen prayed to the God extolling Him for the great kindness shown to an ordinary and illiterate man like him. The Lord told him that as he has he had been yearning to get a child for so long, he had sent Parvati as his daughter and He came himself came to wed Her. The Lord also blessed the king to have all prosperity and at the end of his life to become a denizen of Sivaloka. Then the Lord instructed Parvati about the secret import of the Vedas and She eagerly and earnestly listened to the discourse."

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:49:36 PM by Balaji »

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 08:49:43 AM »
Live TV coverage and online streaming video 2014 Karthigai Deepam

Tiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam -- December 5, 2014

Morning 4:00 am Bharani Deepam
Afternoon - Theerthavari Brahma Theertham
Evening 6:00 pm Karthigai Deepam at Arunachaleshwarar Temple

Live TV Coverage

Many TV channels will telecast Barani Deepam and Karthigai Deepam live from Tiruvannamalai on December 5, 2014; Sun News, Vijay TV, DD Podhigai, Zee Tamil, Raj TV, Sri Sankara TV, Jaya TV, and SVBC TTD TV -- from 4:00 pm onwards.

To watch Karthigai Deepam 2014 live on YouTube visit 'Swasthik TVCom Channel' at this link here:

You can watch online streaming of Tiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam 2014 on:

http://vasanth.tv/livetv.php
http://www.turbotv.in/dd-podhigai-live
http://www.dinamalar.com/thirvannamalai_live_video.asp http://www.svbcttd.com
http://srisankaratv.com

Karthigai Deepam online streaming video from Arunachaleswarar Temple official website at:
http://live.arunachaleswarar.org

Hi Balaji,

Please let us know of video streaming coverage from Sri Ramasramam during deepam at 6 PM?  Checked in Ashram website but could not find.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »

Karthigai Deepam live telecast Ramanashramam

www.gururamana.net

Karthigai Deepam Festival - 2014

5th December

Time: 5.00 PM (IST) to 6.30 PM (IST)

SRI RAMANASRAMAM

TIRUVANNAMALAI

Live Webcasting.........

If the video stops unexpectedly, Please refresh your browser or Press F5 Button.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
Arunachala Deepam Cauldron Puja

Individual devotees, organisations and Ashrams donated to Arunachaleswarar Temple towards the purchase of ghee for the recently completed 2014 Karthigai Deepam. In addition individual devotees climbed Arunachala over the duration of the Karthigai Festival to personally deliver their own ghee offerings, often in the form of small packets and bottles.
This year the flame on top of Arunachala, remained alight continuously for 11 days and at no time was the flame allowed to go out. Each day over 150 kgs of ghee (clarified butter) were fed to the flame.

The giant cauldron took 10 men (from the fisherman caste) more than three hours to haul to the top of Arunachala. Women are not involved to carry the Cauldron or tend it whilst it's on the Hill. However women are always welcomed on the Hill during the Deepam Festival.

Each Cauldron is used for about 10 years before being replaced. The current one was first used in 2004. When it is time to create a new Cauldron, the old one will be taken to metal workers to be broken up and recycled in the production of the new pot. Each pot takes around Rs.10,000 to make. After Deepam the Cauldron was taken down the Hill by the same fisher-folk and after puja at Arunachaleswarar Temple, is kept in storage there until the next year.