Author Topic: the real face of materialistic industry world  (Read 1624 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
the real face of materialistic industry world
« on: January 04, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »
Lot of news pouring in from end of December itself on one particular industry and job cuts in India.

I can only visualize our Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee's views of world and his constant emphasis on detachment.

These wordly life, industries, materialistc high salaries, all comforts come with a heavy price -- loss of peace of mind.  One has to sacrifice all his health and mental peace to earn all this.

And end of the day,  it has shown its real face!! That is how all our material pursuits will end.

It is a slap on people like me who still cling to this wordly life.   

In Bhagavan's time work and sadhana harmony was very practical , because nobody needed to torture their brains like this. inface that is why Bhagavan has always told about doing japa or enquiry even when doing work.

if Bhagavan would have been in our current 21st century computer industry, he would have expressed his awe on all ANARTHAM ( means all negative things) this computer industry has brought in.

That is why, I realize in spirit, why desire is root cause of misery.

Only Arunachala Ramana can save poor ignorants like me.

Please pray for me, still my stomach aches in hunger , I am tight bound by her Maha Maya. Please pray for my job security.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: the real face of materialistic industry world
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:10:51 AM »
ksksat,

Please pray for me, still my stomach aches in hunger , I am tight bound by her Maha Maya. Please pray for my job security.

How about others who have lost their jobs?Are we to pray only for you and your job security?

Namaskar

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:05:32 AM »
Dear Ravi Sir,

Please pray for all people who feel insecured or already lost their jobs.

Not only for me, devotees of different faiths, different gurus, in this forum or elsewhere and more globally for the whole world.

When it comes to anxiety and worry, mean souls like me tend to pray first for their own welfare sir- not yet in the state prescribed by the great saint Vallalar -- pray for whole world and your goodness included in that.

But one thing is very clear -- all material pursuits will end like this only.  This is the story and lesson learnt.

Kaadhatra oosiyum vaaraadhu kaan un kadai vazhike.

Regards,
Krishna
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:08:40 AM by ksksat27 »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
Om sarve bhavantu sukhinah (universal prayer)

Om, Sarve bhavantu sukhinaḥ

Sarve santu nirāmayāḥ

Sarve bhadrāṇi paśyantu

Mā kashchit duḥkha bhāgbhavet

Oṁ Shāntiḥ, Shāntiḥ, Shāntiḥ

Meaning in English

May all be prosperous and happy

May all be free from illness

May all see what is spiritually uplifting

May no one suffer

Om peace, peace, peace

(mantra taken from Brihadaaranyaka Upanishad 1.4.14)

This mantra is for Peace invocation.  It is intended to be recited for the welfare of humanity as a whole.  The reason it is one of my favorite mantras in Hinduism is simple ? the mantra is the most selfless prayer ever.   You are not asking anything for you by reciting this, but rather the goodwill and welfare of everybody in the world is being prayed for.  If everyone is healthy , auspicious and prosperous we too would be part of the same .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:17:06 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:27:18 PM »
ksksat/Friends,
Tests and tribulations are part of living and it is a fundamental spiritual discipline to face them boldly drawing inspiration from within.What better way for this than this verse 23 in Tiruppavai ,where our guru Andal inspires us with a most Robust verse in the entire set of 30 verses.It is margazhi month!

மாரி மலை முழைஞ்சில் மன்னிக் கிடந்து உறங்கும்
சீரிய சிங்கம் அறிவுற்றுத் தீ விழித்து
வேரி மயிர் பொங்க எப்பாடும் பேர்ந்து உதறி
மூரி நிமிர்ந்து முழங்கிப் புறப்பட்டுப்
போதருமா போலே நீ பூவைப்பூ வண்ணா உன்
கோயில் நின்று இங்ஙனே போந்தருளிக் கோப்புடைய
சீரிய சிங்காசனத்து இருந்து யாம் வந்த
காரியம் ஆராய்ந்து அருளேலோர் எம்பாவாய்

I do not have at the moment Master TGN's translation(which I consider the very Best),yet I found something which gives the sense of this verse.I am just copying this here:

In a rocky cave up in the mountains after the monsoon at dawn is the noble lion ? thus begins the evocation.The lion awakens and the evocationbecomes dynamic.
 The eyes of the lion burn bright as it stares. The mane swells like frothing waters. A shake given through and through the whole body throws away all the dust of the sleep. The lion straightens up, stiffens its body and roars. The roaring echoes through the rocky cave and is heard in its amplified form outside. Thence the lion starts majestically to attend to its business ? dispensation of justice in the forest.

Here AnDAL, our Guru is telling us  to awaken the sleeping Lion within-and the lord seated on this simhasanam should right royally dispense what is due to us.No need to cringe or beg.

The dynamism in the evocation is the most significant aspect about the song.

Swami Vivekananda always harped on this single aspect-Strength. To face fear squarely in the Face:'Face the Brute'.There is no substitute for this sort of inner strength and in reciting and dwelling upon this verse of Tiruppavai,we will directly draw upon the inexhaustible inner reserve and be ready to face any challenge whatsoever in the world process.No doubt about this.

More Later......

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »
ksksat/Friends,

மாரி மலை முழைஞ்சில் மன்னிக் கிடந்து உறங்கும்
சீரிய சிங்கம் அறிவுற்றுத் தீ விழித்து
வேரி மயிர் பொங்க எப்பாடும் பேர்ந்து உதறி
மூரி நிமிர்ந்து முழங்கிப் புறப்பட்டுப்
போதருமா போலே நீ பூவைப்பூ வண்ணா உன்
கோயில் நின்று இங்ஙனே போந்தருளிக் கோப்புடைய
சீரிய சிங்காசனத்து இருந்து யாம் வந்த
காரியம் ஆராய்ந்து அருளேலோர் எம்பாவாய்

mAri malaimuzhainjchil manni kidanddhuRanggum
seeriya singgam aRivutRu theevizhuththu,
vEri mayirponga eppAdum pErnddhudhaRi,
moori nimirnddhu muzhanggi puRappattu
pOdharumA pOlE nee poovaippoovaNNA!un
kOyil ninRingnganE pOnddharuLi kOppudaiya
seeriya singgAsanaththu irunddhu yAmvanddha
kAriyam ArAynddhu arulELOrempAvAy.

LION AWAKENS
Just as the intrepid lion which,during the rainy season
remains settled in slumber in the mountain-cavern,
awakens to look around with eyes emitting fire
and shakes itself to stand up and move to all the sides
shedding its lethargy;and with the locks of its mane
exuding characteristic scent,And having done all this,
Strides out in Grandeur,(heralding its coming)with a terrible Roar,
Likewise you too Lord(of the hue of kayampu flower)
should emerge from this your sanctum and take your seat upon
the Well-structured high throne and then enquire of us
the purpose of our coming thereby vouchsafing your grace(that is unbounded)
Listen and ponder,our girl!

Verse 23 of Tiruppavai.
In this magnificient verse Andal is bidding us to awaken to the Infinite Truth of our self.It is the Self that has become the world.The Lion is Lion whether asleep or when it is awake to the world of the senses.It makes no difference to the Lion.

Reciting and dwelling on  the verses of Tiruppavai with deep devotion and insight guarantees well being and freedom from all pettiness and fear-and bestows peace and prosperity in the true sense and this includes iham and param(this material world and the spiritual world).The Great ones do not make a distinction between this world and the next.This is the true Vedic spirit-to live a life in plenitude(vaLam in tamizh).To be spiritual ,it is not necessary to wallow in outer poverty.All that is necessary is not to be slave to the senses and material possessions.
To be spiritual is not to harp on the woes of life but to be awakened to its innate richness and grandeur of the indomitable spirit behind it.

Namaskar.

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 06:12:42 AM »
These wordly life, industries, materialistc high salaries, all comforts come with a heavy price -- loss of peace of mind.  One has to sacrifice all his health and mental peace to earn all this.

Krishna sir, Bhagawan's teaching would still be the same.. He will ask "Who is saying peace of mind is lost?"  ;)

In Bhagavan's time work and sadhana harmony was very practical , because nobody needed to torture their brains like this. inface that is why Bhagavan has always told about doing japa or enquiry even when doing work.
if Bhagavan would have been in our current 21st century computer industry, he would have expressed his awe on all ANARTHAM ( means all negative things) this computer industry has brought in.

The elements of our environment are different today than earlier, but the fundamental problem is of only our attachment and ignorance, not the environment. At least, we live in a time where daily subsistence is not an issue.. there are no wars or epidemics. Remember Bhagawan was a witness to the atrocities of the British.. So, he will still give us same teaching!! Which is why Talks are as relevant today as they were!!

Prayers to all impacted by the financial/industry situation to gain mental strength to face them.
Deepa

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha