Author Topic: ramana sthavam  (Read 1480 times)

drsundaram

• View Profile
ramana sthavam
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »
can some  say about Ramana sthavam. it seems they are sthothras on bhagavan and contain 9 verses.
i want it  in tamil.
can any share about this please
om namo bhagavathe sri ramanaya

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: ramana sthavam
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »
drsundaram,
The Ramana Stuti Panchakam are among the Best ever composed in Tamizh,rivalling Sri Bhagavan's Arunachala pancha ratnam.All the compositions are chanted every saturday in the Asramam and are wonderful to listen to and are also among the easiest to chant.They are in tamil.I am sure you are familiar with this.
I also recommend the tamizh compositions of Sri sivaprakasam pillai -Sri Ramana pada malai,Sri ramana sarguru malai,Sri Ramana Devamalai.They are easily accessible to those who understand prosaic tamizh.
I have not heard of Ramana sthavam in tamizh.
Namaskar

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:22:51 AM »
thanks shri ravi. i have heard the bhagavan's poems referred by you being sung at asramam and i also have most of them in hand.
while going thro the golden jubilee souvenir 1896-1946 i happen to see these poems, sri ramana -stava  which are printed in sanskrit.
shri sundarananda swami who has covered the slokas write in foot note :"those  who everyday in the morning and evening read these excellaet  stotra of ten verses composed by sundara, will be made free from sins, will gain Self -Knowledge, will live here absolutely happy and after death, by the grace of Ramana of Arunachala , they will shine forth perfect"..............

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »
Dear Dr Sundaram,

There is a Ramana Stavam composed by one Sundarananda Swami. it is a beautiful stava in Samskrit. Bhagavan willing, I shall try and reproduce it here when i have time. I can produce it in Samskrit and English Transliteration with translation.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
namaskaram
i can not read if in sanskrit. i deally   in tamil if not  in english
.thank you very much
om namo bhagavathe sri ramanaya