Author Topic: Uttering the name of Arunachala!  (Read 1465 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Uttering the name of Arunachala!
« on: June 07, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »
Dear All,

I am not much in to puja & related practices. When ever it is possible I take the name of Arunachala Shiva whether I am in pain, happy or if I eat any thing delicious. So it has become a habit for me to utter his name. Now here comes the confusion, Its been many days since I have been to temple, last week my mom insisted on going to temple, being lazy I postponed & today finally I have been to Hanuman mandir being its Saturday. When ever I have to do pranam my subconscious mind is giving me the name of Arunachala instead of Sri Anjaneya. I am facing this confusion from long time & I am not sure is it a good practice to utter Arunachala before different deities(male/female). I am sure that there is nothing wrong in this but its just a small guilty feeling that it may not be a right approach.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Uttering the name of Arunachala!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »
Dear Vinod,

There is nothing wrong.  All names and forms are in Arunachala which is Paramaatman (the Self.).  The Self is the same
only names and forms are different. I know one person who always says Tirupati Muruga, Tirupati Muruga!  Are
Sri Venkateswara and Muruga different?  (The reason however, was that it is believed that Tirupati Lord is Muruga
only.)

Further the term Arunachala is all inclusive. The Arunachala Mahatmyam says chanting Arunachala once  is equivalent to chanting
a ten million times the Panchaksharam, Namasivaya.

Arunachala Siva.     

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Re: Uttering the name of Arunachala!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »
dear Vinod,
Remembering Arunachala even once paves the way for liberation. in  this very life as written by Sadhu OM in his Arunachala Venba.
For some reason, the Supreme Brahman has taken the form of this hill and can be remembered by his form or by incantation of his name.
So if we can remember Arunachala alll the time , by  incantation of his name what more is needed to be aspired for.
Regards,
Anand.
Sundaram Anand