Author Topic: Visited Arunachala during Deepam festival  (Read 3152 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Visited Arunachala during Deepam festival
« on: December 01, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »
I visited Arunachala and Sri Ramanasramam on Nov 29th Saturday.

There were special Ghana Phata chanting in Sri Ramansramam.  There were good crowd all over the ashram with new visitors enthusiastic in checking various books in the Book Depot.

There is a daily calendar that has additionally come this year along with monthly, desk calendars and diary.

I did Giri Pradakshina and the climate was very good with minor drizzling.

In the evening when I visited Arunachaleshwara temple, it was a feast to the eyes and soul.

I attended the 4th day uthsavam (festival) that had Kama Dhenu and Karpaga Vruksham vaghanam.

There were grand lights and decorations.   Special priest chanted extracts from Sivagama mantras,  the nruthya (dance) notes, did elaborate blessing mantras etc.

When the divine procession was about to start, the temple music drum players arrived with counshell, big drums, pipes , big pairs of manjeera ( taal or jalra) etc. and started playing all at once. 

It created a trance like atmoshphere adding to that , in the Trishul,  there came the pleasant fragrance of smoke through the holder for burning big  Dhoop sticks.

With this mesmerizing atmosphere that verily resembled the music of Shiva Ganas,  the divine procession started from the small mandapam towards the main Gopuram to bless around the streets surrounding the temple.

I enjoyed the bliss to my core of the heart spending around 4.5 hours in the temple until 9:30 PM in the night.

It is learnt that the divine procession will end around 1 AM and deities will again reach the temple only around that time.

I returned by S.R.S Travels which will come around 1 AM to Thiruvannamalai in the night from Pondicherry.  I had made prior bookings.

I could see that North Indians and other tourists dressed after fresh bath starting Giri Pradakshina even around 1 AM and the town was full of activity throughout the night.

Due to the high end festivities in the temple, I did not go back to Sri Ramanasrmam in the night one more time before I depart which I usually do.

Smaranaath Arunachalam.

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: Visited Arunachala during Deepam festival
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »
Dear Kksat sir

Very nice to hear that you visited Thiruvannamalai during Deepam festival
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »
Thanks Balaji.

Hope you are doing well in France.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Very happy to note that you visited Asramam and the Big Temple. It is nice that you made it during Mahadeepam festival time.

Arunachala Siva.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
Dear Kksat sir

By the grace of Sri Ramana Arunachala , all goes well here, daily thinking Bhagavan Sri Ramana.

Thank you

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Very happy to note that you visited Asramam and the Big Temple. It is nice that you made it during Mahadeepam festival time.

Arunachala Siva.

Thanks Subramanian sir.

Sri Nochur Acharya was there during maha aarathi.

Afterwards, I met him and did pranam. he laughed and ackowledged.  I was running late for Giripradakshina so I did not check if he had a upanyasam that day.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »
Dear ksksat27

Hope you are doing well. Good to know that you have been to Tiru on the auspicious day. Certainly you are a fortunate one & blessed soul indeed. Last year When I have been during deepam festival, I was not able to find peace/concentration & there was too many distractions during the girivalam. So this year I have skipped the deepam festival & I have decided to go during Shivraatri along with my mom. I have booked flight tickets in advance & just waiting for the day to come eagerly. I could clearly see that every year crowds are increasing making it difficult or more challenging esp for girivalam fest, I hope you had pleasant experience during girivalam.

Thanks for sharing your experience & making me recollect some of the past experiences of girivalam.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:16 PM »
Dear Vinod

Nice to see  your mail.

Actually I went to Girivalam and darshan not exactly on Deepam day but few days before when the 10 day festival was observed.

So there was no rush during Girivalam.

Infact you should do Girivalam only when large crowd is there.

This is because there is something called Samashti Karma and Samshti bhakthi that will be triggered when such a large mass gather.

The individual prana energy will be uplifted by the Maha Pranan in presence of Samashti Bhakthi.

Smaranaath Arunachalam.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 12:46:23 AM »
Dear ksksat27

Thank you for sharing the wisdom, if it is good to do girivalam or spritual practice along with a group or mass, then it must be done with precautions, as we know these days there is also stampede which is happening esp during such big festivals or mass gatheing.

Due to some reasons I am not able to go to Tiru during Shivaraatri & I am going in the month end of Feb, hope everything goes well.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »
Last weekend I visited Ramanashramam and Arunachala temple.
I heard the vedas chanting at 4 clock evening
Did Girivalam chanting Arunachala Shiva. Very peaceful.Also visited Sri Nochur Venkataraman's House at the extension of Manakula Vinayagar Temple. He talked to me for 10 min and to my son about his studies.    He gave two apples and two  books.  Very beautiful house with spirtual atmosphere with large Periapuranam stories paintings.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 09:20:03 AM »
Dear Balaji,

It is nice that you had been to Tiruvannamalai and spent blissful time in the Asramam. I am also happy
that you had done giri pradakshina. I am sure Sri Bhagavan's grace will flow to you for your and your
family's welfare abundantly.

Arunachala Siva.