Author Topic: Viswantha Swami - Liberation Day - 22.10.2014.  (Read 666 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Viswantha Swami - Liberation Day - 22.10.2014.
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »
Today is Viswanatha Swami Liberation Day.  He merged with Arunachala in the year 1979.  His Samadhi is near Agni Lingam.

Viswanatha Swami (1904-1979) was a distant relative of Sri Bhagavan.  He was brought up by the Maharshi's Mother.
He fully surrendered himself to Sri Bhagavan in 1923 and till spent most of his time either with Maharshi or with Ganapati
Muni. He was a scholar both in Sanskrit and Tamizh.  He was the author of Sri Ramana Ashottaram.  He edited Mountain
Path for some time.

He says: 'In my first darshan of Bhagavan at the Skandasramam the very sight of Him thrilled me. Something very subtle,
seemingly with its center in that body, shone forth, without limitation, engulfing everything else.  I felt swallowed by it.
I stayed for a week with Bhagavan in that atmosphere of utter purity and serenity.  I saw Sri Bhagavan something quite
arresting, which clearly distinguished him from all others I had seen.

'He seemed to live apart from the physical form quite detached from it. His look and smile had a remarkable spiritual charm.
One could see immaculate purity and non attachment in Him and in His movements.  I sensed something very lofty and
sacred about Him. In His vicinity, mind's distractions were overpowered by an austere and potent calmness. In His presence
the unique bliss of peace was directly experienced. This I could call Ramana Lahari.'

Arunachala Siva.