Author Topic: The Promotion of Arunachala Aksharamanamalai  (Read 1692 times)

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
The Promotion of Arunachala Aksharamanamalai
« on: October 05, 2014, 02:47:02 PM »
Dear All,

I am wondering if you all have noticed that there is an organized but very clumsy campaign to promote Bhagavan's Arunachala Aksharamanamalai. Ramana 'Devotees' suddenly drop, what is now being called, the 'A* bomb' in conversations, in emails, on forums even if they are not related to Bhagavan. It is like they are putting the Ramana stamp on the conversation or even worse, putting the Ramana stamp on Arunachala.

Maybe someone who stands to gain from the making and sale of CDs, donations, market share of devotees thought it was a great idea... but really it is having an adverse effect on many of us.

Bhagavan needs no promotion. His quiet, peaceful and sincere face says it all. 

Besides, let us be respectful of the other siddhars who have lived and continue to live in their subtle forms around Arunachala.

How about showing some respect for Arunachala? Bhagavan became who He is because of Arunachala not the reverse. 

I read somewhere that Bhagavan himself has said promoting him is not a seva or service to him. Going within and finding the 'I' would be the only service he expects from us. Let us not forget that. By organizing such campaigns, the masterminds are only revealing to the world where they are in their spiritual evolution even though they put up pretenses of being O! I am so Holy. IMO not very high up.

Just posting what many of us are beginning to feel and talk about this. So please, don't all pounce at me at once :-)

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:01:50 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Promotion of Arunachala Aksharamanamalai
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »
Dear Child,

What the Asramam has done is to celebrate the 100th year of AAMM by singing the same every morning at 6.00. am.
And they have arranged for postal stamp to celebrate it.  Sale of CDs, twitters, Face Book writings are not what
the Asramam is responsible for.

If someone does these things unless they do with ardent devotion for Sri Bhagavan, it is good.  But if it is done like
any other 100th anniversary it is like Narendra Modi celebrating 100 days in office as BJP head. Nothing more.

In fact Sri Bhagavan and His song AAMM does not need any special celebration except by the Asramam, which is having
a number of Sri Ramana devotees.

Arunachala Siva.       

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir (I almost forgot and wrote Dear Arunachala Siva and then corrected myself :-)

Ramana Ashram chanting the AA or getting a postal stamp issued is not what I am talking about.  I believe in India if you pay a certain amount of money you can get the postal authorities to issue a stamp in your memory.... it is different in western countries.  But that is not what I am talking about.

It is the deliberate dropping of the A* bomb in conversations, emails and public forums, even those unrelated to Bhagavan and insisting in subtle and not so subtle ways on the supremacy of Ramana over Arunachala that I am referring to. It is an clumsy orchestrated campaign that is annoying people rather than helping them become ardent devotees.

As for Narendra Modi, I wonder why you brought him up here :-) 

I think your Prime Minister should be commended for making it from a chai wallah to Prime Minister in the largest democracy in the world. At least we in the West think he has done a commendable job in 100 days. A very good start.  If he toots his own horn, he has reason to because he has put in the hard work. He is not riding on the coat tails of someone nor is he hiding behind someone great to make himself look good e.g saying "I am a Ramana devotee and I practice Bhagavan's teachings. Now how many more people can you bring to satsang today?" - I have heard people say this).  Can you see the difference?

Take care.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:26:47 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:46:58 AM »
Dear Child of Arunachala,

1. Postal Stamps: At best the Asramam authorities must have told someone in New Delhi about the 100 years of AAMM.
I am very sure they would not have given any money to them for this sake.  In case money can be given and postal stamps
made in one's name, then you can think of giving the Government Rs 1.00 lac or Rs. 5.00 lacs, and have your face
appear in postal stamps.  Let me see whether it happens.

2. Narendra Modi: He has to run the government for about 1800 days and run it successfully, completing the various
developmental projects, including child literacy, science and technology, aero space feats etc., And after 1800 days,
he should prove that BJP can be elected again for running a next term.  In the circumstances even to celebrate  100
days looks rather funny.  It is like some cinema producers advertising 100 days completion of cinema because cinemas
however great they may be, may not run successfully for more than 100 days.  The Government on  the other hand has to
run for 1800 days, with huge tasks ahead.

3.  You have said 'Take Care'.  Sri Bhagavan is taking care of me. And He will take me to His Feet when my days are over
in this world. I am quite sure about it.  You do not worry about it.

Arunachala Siva.           

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir,

Interesting! I always love reading your posts. I hope you are not a spokesperson for the Ashram on this one. :-)

Stating again, Ramana ashram issuing an Indian postal stamp is n.o.t what I was referring to. I was saying figuratively putting a stamp on the Arunachala mountain and Tiruvannamalai as though who ever is spearheading this campaign owns them.... A lot of siddhars, saints and devotees have put in hard sadhana to win Arunachala's grace. Tiruvannamalai and the Mountain belong to everyone. The mountain is Arunachala Siva. Ramana Maharshi would not have been there had it not been for Arunachala's grace.

Take care is a very standard, respectful and friendly salutation in the west. Nothing nasty.

Like I said before, Bhagavan doesn't need any multimedia, aggressive, hit-smash-grab promotion - even if it has been contracted out.

Bhagavan's sweet, calm and innocent face says it all. Many of us have connected with Him without having to get into the politics of running the show or wonder where our donation dollars are really being spent.

Namaste

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:03:52 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Dear Child of Arunachala,

Bhagavan Ramana and Arunachala are owned by all His devotees. If some outsiders who are not bhaktas  try to promote Him
and the Hill, it is to their peril. They only thicken their egos by doing such acts.

There are many Siddhas who were living in the Hill and other places., Perhaps if their faces are known, someone, who has
understood their philosophies,  can make a drawing and arrange for postal stamps.

Arunachala Siva.