Author Topic: Two small questions :)  (Read 926 times)

mcozire

• View Profile
Two small questions :)
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:27:21 AM »
Hi there everyone!

I am just wondering, when I find it difficult to remain as being-ness, or self inquire, I find myself, repeating the names, Krishna and Yeshua, and Christos.

I am just wondering, is it OK, to say these names together? I want to be calling out to God, and seeking him, and I am wondering is using both these names together something that is possible?

Like sometimes I will just be saying over and over quietly in my mind.

Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, Christos, Yeshua, Yeshua, Yeshua, Yeshua, Krishna, Krishna, Krishna, Krishna

Many other times, I like to spontaneously sing some melodies to these holy names, and put the word Hallelujah in with them as well.

It feels right, and I enjoy to do this.

But the mind comes in, and asks, is this OK? Is this actually a 'real' thing to be doing, is it proper?

The last question is,

I was reading the thread "Swami Sivananda's Teachings and Quotes", and  read that

"Note : Most  of the messages of Swami Sivananda  here will be directed to the Mind ,Body and not to Atma ( which is what Bhagavan Ramana always points to ) .This should not be seen as a contradiction as Swami Sivananda's advise to aspirants is  to first prepare the mind and body before you focus on Atma and the reasons are given below."

I am wondering, how I might go about doing this in a most correct fashion? I am afraid I live in Ireland, where most of the 'Yoga Classes' are simply fitness classes.

Many, many thanks.
God Bless,
Mark.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Two small questions :)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 01:32:22 AM »
Dear Mark,

About Your first question,i think there is nothing wrong in Your practice. You even answered it Yourself saying this
It feels right, and I enjoy to do this.
. I believe that most important thing with such practices is our Faith,and nothing more. And truly,it is beautiful way to call God...

About second question,i am not sure. It all depends on what we need. I must say that i do not like much these all sorts of Yogas which are indeed available in Europe. Or they are just exercises like You said,or they are somehow weird and dark,almost spooky,if that it is the right word. And too much wordly,new age' oriented,how to say. Not genuine for sure. I think it is much better to follow some advises from the books,like Swami Sivananda's,learning concentration,and something similar.

With love and prayers,

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
Re: Two small questions :)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
maybe instead of trying to find out " am i doing it right ? " ... find out "who" is doing it right or wrong ... lol
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it