Author Topic: Sat 12 July 2014 Guru Purnima Day  (Read 4252 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Sat 12 July 2014 Guru Purnima Day
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
Excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

Reassurance to the devotees & Parable of the tigress

Sri Ramakrishna spoke reassuringly to the devotees.

MASTER (to M.): "Some think: 'Oh, I am a bound soul. I shall never acquire knowledge and devotion.' But if one receives the guru's grace, one has nothing to fear. Once a tigress attacked a flock of goats. As she sprang on her prey, she gave birth to a cub and died. The cub grew up in the company of the goats. The goats ate grass and the cub followed their example. They bleated; the cub bleated too. Gradually it grew to be a big tiger. One day another tiger attacked the same flock. It was amazed to see the grass-eating tiger. Running after it, the wild tiger at last seized it, whereupon the grass-eating tiger began to bleat. The wild tiger dragged it to the water and said: 'Look at your face in the water. It is just like mine. Here is a little meat. Eat it.' Saying this, it thrust some meat into its mouth. But the grass-eating tiger would not swallow it and began to bleat again. Gradually, however, it got the taste for blood and came to relish the meat. Then the wild tiger said: 'Now you see there is no difference between you and me. Come along and follow me into the forest.'
So there can be no fear if the guru's grace descends on one. He will let you know who you are and what your real nature is.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
Smt Pollachi Jayam Paati Attained Mukthi on Sat 12 July 2014 i.e on Guru Purnima Day while watching Kanchi Matam Vyasa Puja on TV with Acharay's name on her lips . A proof of true Bhakti .
For more about this Pollachi Jayam Paati refer the site mahaperivaa.wordpress.com for her earlier interviews about Mahaperiva .

http://mahaperiyavaa.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/smt-pollachi-jayam-paati-attained-mukthi/

It is sad to share that our dearest paati had reached the lotus feet of her guru Mahaperiyava on a very auspicious Guru Poornima Day (july 12th) while her son was giving running commentary of kanchi Matam Vyasa puja to her.  Last words she mentioned were ?Gurunatha?.Gurunatha??..She was 98 years old.

She is not just a paati ? to me, she is my guru who taught me what ?anugraham ? means through her interview! Whenever I feel that I am not blessed, paati?s words come to my mind ? feel rejuvenated!

From the past three great devotees of Periyava whom we lost, it is clear that all of them surrendered themselves that gave them the mukthi. Sri Chettiar attained His feet after entering Kanchipuram entrance while talking about Periyava. Now paati! It isn?t just enough to watch and appreciate their interview; we need to learn from the great life they led and keep them as our guru for doing bakthi/surrender.

Our condolences to her entire family!

Jaya Jaya Sankara Hara Hara Sankara!
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
The Guru?s grace works in the form of Sadhana (Spiritual practice) in the aspirant. If an aspirant sticks to the path tenaciously, This is the grace of the Guru. If he resists when temptation assails him. This is the grace of the Guru. If people receive him with love and reverence. This is the grace of the Guru. If he gets all bodily wants, This is the grace of the Guru. If he gets encouragement and strength, when he is in despair and despondency, This is the grace of the Guru~Swami Sivananda
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha