Author Topic: The subtle energies.  (Read 807 times)

mcozire

• View Profile
The subtle energies.
« on: July 06, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »
Hi eveyone!

I've recently started putting some attention into the well being of my body, and my general fitness. I feel like I want to honor the body, and make it healthy and satvic.

In the western world, we do not discuss the subtle aspects of the body, it is all about what can be seen under the microscope.

I am looking for a good book, that describe how the subtle energy systems work, and how one might work with them and come to understand them.

I hear many things about prana, and the different things such as meridians (chinese traditional medicine), but I'm sure there is a name for them in the vedic systems, but I understand very little.

So I was wondering if some people could share some resources, on better getting to know these system, or getting to know what is at work in this body, and mind.

I realise that the self is beyond, the body, but I feel like where I am at the moment, there is an urge to better understand by body, and get it healthy.

Many thanks,
God Bless,
Mark.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: The subtle energies.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 05:51:38 PM »
Mark,

I've recently started putting some attention into the well being of my body, and my general fitness. I feel like I want to honor the body, and make it healthy and satvic.

This is quite a useful thing to have.I Recommend a small book 'The Hindu-yogi science of Breath' by Yogi Ramacharaka(William walker Atkinson,an American who co-authored this Book).
You may Read this book and see if you can practise a few simple exercises here:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13402/13402.txt
The subject matter is presented in a simple manner and quite lucidly.
In reading these books and applying what we find useful,we need to exercise discrimination-and should take care that we assimilate the essence and see what can be put into practice.
You may explore other books by Yogi Ramacharaka as well.
Eventually,we need to Realize that our True well-being is in the Realization of who we are in essence-the Self.All other things serve only this ultimate purpose.
Namaskar.

mcozire

• View Profile
Re: The subtle energies.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 02:36:16 AM »
Fantastic Rave.N

Many thanks!
God Bless.