Author Topic: sri nochur's web stream  (Read 9320 times)

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: sri nochur's web stream
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
Talks on Ulladu Naarpadu conclude

Brahma Sri Nochur Venkataraman concluded week-long discourse on Ulladu Naarpadu on Friday June 27, 2014. He pointed out that the essence of each verse in contained in the last half-line of each verse and may be regarded as Maha Vakya or grand utterance. Ashram will soon have the entire audio version of the talks available on our website.

In Letters from Sri Ramanasramam Srmati Nagamma asks, How was Ulladu Naarpadu written I had to write that also in Tamil at Muruganar's pressing request. Yogi Ramiah too was there at the time. He requested me to write at least the bhava (purport) in Telugu and so I wrote it in prose. After that Madhava said, What about Malayalam? I said yes and wrote it in that language also in kili (metre). That will be like a Seesamalika verse. That also I wrote in the Telugu script. You may make a copy of it if you like? said Bhagavan.
Why didn't Bhagavan write it in Sanskrit? I asked. Bhagavan said, At that time, Nayana, Lakshmana Sarma and others were here. So I left it to them. Why should I worry, I thought, and so kept quiet, I asked, Did Nayana write the Sanskrit slokas for Unnadhi Nalubadhi at that time? Bhagavan said, No, at the time of writing the verses, Muruganar and myself were arranging them suitably when Nayana gave us his advice but did not write the slokas. He went away to Sirsi after that. While he was there, Viswanathan and Kapali went and stayed with him for some time. Meanwhile, Lakshmana Sarma wrote slokas for Unnadhi Nalubadhi. The same were forwarded to Nayana to return them duly edited. Seeing that, Nayana said he could as well write the slokas himself rather than correct them and so returned them as they were. Subsequently with the help of Viswanathan and Kapali he wrote slokas to conform exactly to the Tamil verses and sent them. The former, however, remained as it was while Nayana?s was published under the title ?Sad Darshanam?. Things happen as they should. What can we do? In accordance with that Sanskrit translation, Kapali wrote his commentary in English and in Sanskrit. After that Viswanathan translated it into Tamil.

https://www.facebook.com/SriRamanaMaharshi
This is the official page of Sri Ramanasramam, Chengum Road
Tiruvannamalai 606603
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:27:36 PM by Balaji »
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
Friends,
I warmly recommend the wonderful talks of Nochur Sri Venkatraman on 'Srimad Bhagavat Gita'-Many of us may have heard learned talks of scholarly Swamijis on this 'Song Celestial'.Yet,Nochur Sri Venkatraman brings a freshness,insight and experiential knowledge to the exposition that reveals the wonderful approach of Lord Sri Krishna as he teaches Arjuna.There is an initimacy and Live wire immediacy to his exposition -as if the conversation between the Lord and the disciple is unfolding in the living present and not something that happened in some distant past.
Unlike the studious approach ,this sort of free rendering serves to bring the true essence of the teaching close to the heart of the Grateful listener.
I had purchased a set of 22 CDs (Chapters 2-11)and the series is still being continued and it will be wonderful to have the complete set.
To have the Bhagavatham and The Bhagavad Gita-This is truly a boon and I warmly recommend these set of CDs.There are quite a few useful tips that all earnest Sadhakas will benefit from.
Namaskar.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »
Dear friends,

just on lighter note pasting this, dont take it seriously,  somehow triggered my humorous part of the brain,

What our Bhagavan has advised all of us?  Sit quitely and do who am i.

If your mind does not alow that,  then when play a CD or atend direct upanyasam if feasible.  Or simply read ulladhu narpadhu or thiruvasagam or upadesa undhiyaar

when mind deos not allow even that silently chant arunachala shiva.

what is the point in fighting with web streaming technology?  and what our Sri Ramasramam devotees will do for that in that serene ashram environment?

when Bhagavan would have been alive and received our technical problem mails to Ashram he would have asked "Oho that is the matter now.  Optical fibre stands in their way to Moksha, sari sari"
 :) :)

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
Sri Nochur Venkataraman's annual discourse on Ulladu Naarpadu in Tamil is now available online. With this year's installment all the verses of Ulladu Naarpadu have been commented. The complete set can be downloaded here http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/resource_centre/audio/ulladu-narpadu-talks/
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »
thank you balaji sir for giving the link of  sri Nochur's