Author Topic: went to Sri Ramasramam.  (Read 5194 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
went to Sri Ramasramam.
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:48:48 PM »
On Sat June 21st I was at Sri Ramasramam.

Well it was a one day trip and all filled with Sri Ramana memories.

There was lot of mental agony and stress I had but still felt the peace and back at home feeling inside Sri Ramasramam.

It looks like all sand partciles there are filled with Sri Ramana's presence.

Everything -- Maha Nirvana room, Bhagavan's bathroom doors, old hall, new hall, samadhi hall, Mother's temple and the lecture at Library comlex on ulladhu narpadhu all were very nice.

I looked for Sat Darsanam and Sunday morning sanskrit parayana chanting CD exactly as recited by Sri Ramasramam devotees at the samadhi hall. But it is not availble, such a one does not exist (unlike the tamil CD)

In temple of my Father, I bought some bottles of pooja oil, the thread for liting the lamp and fresh Yagna incense. I spent sat-sang time in liting those lamps and incendes at the different sannidhis of Arunachala including badhala lingam, guhai Namasivayar mandapam etc.

I have lost faith that the HRNCE temple management or the priest will use the money offered usefully.  Hence I have decided to do seva 'myself' by bringing the pooja materials and doing service directly in the temple spending quality time.

This time all beggar sadhus of Arunachala -- I mentally paid my worship.

Believe me friends it is our true Home.  Arunachala is the most secret place, the Heart kshethra.  I am currently much depressed in life and suffering mental agony but the Self shines at Arunachala as it was and it will be forever. For fallen souls like me Lord Shiva by his supreme command has ordered such souls to come to Arunachala.  Even when you I mad ,  the Arunachala will be in my tongue. 

I cannot express it, but something happens when you go to Arunachala.

But people like me cannot stay there forever atleast for now,  it requires money and time to stay there, Father does arrange for all of us, but by his Supreme Command when our 'time there' is over, we are again pulled back to samsara.

You all visit Arunachala as frequently as possible, again and again, come back to Heart.

It is an automatic process there, it is a roller coaster ride ,once you get onboarded in that rider , it starts churning your age old vasanas and burn it.

Regards,
Krishna

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: went to Sri Ramasramam.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »
Dear  Krishna

Very nice trip. May Arunachala  Ramana grace showers on you.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »
Dear  Krishna

Very nice trip. May Arunachala  Ramana grace showers on you.

Thanks Balaji.

It is only you devotees encouraging and sweet words that keeps me going.  Cornered by desires and fears life is indeed pathetic,  renounce passion like a poison is the mantra I should have followed.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »
Dear Kskat

Satsanga is the best option for a spiritual aspirant and the following verse from Adi Shankara's Bhaja Govindam illustrates how by being in Satsanga one can slowly evolve to Jiva Mukthi .

Satsangatve Nissangatvam

Nissangatve Nirmohatvam

Nirmoatvam Nishchalattvam

Nishcalattvam Jiivanmuktih

From Satsangha, comes non-attachment; from non-attachment comes freedom from delusion, which leads to self-settlement. From self-settlement comes Jivan Mukti (liberation).
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

It is nice that  you made a trip to Sri Ramanasramam on 21st June.  That being a Saturday, you might have listened to
Sri Ramana Stuti Panchakam of Satyamangalam Venkataramana Iyer.  It is a delightful bunch five wonderful poems.

Sat Darsanam is not available in CD. 

On 21st Nochur Venkataraman should have commenced Ulladu Narpadu discourses.

Arunachala Siva.     

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 04:22:11 PM »
Dear Krishnan garu,

Nice to read about your sacred arunachala trip andi.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »
Dear Krishnan garu,

Nice to read about your sacred arunachala trip andi.

Thanks Prashanth.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »
ksksat27(Krishna),
Happy to know that you visited Sri Ramanasramam on 21st and spent quality time there.
On 21st(09:00 hrs -21:30 Hrs),We visited the wonderful,sprawling  Madurai Meenakshi amman temple(so clean and well maintained,much to my delight),Ramana mandiram(the house where the boy venkataraman attained Self Realization,Tiruchuzhi(the room where Sri Bhagavan was born) ,the memorable Sahayavalli & Bhoominatha temple and lastly -the wonderful Temple of AnDAL in Sri Villiputtur,especially the Tulasi mAdAm in the Nanda vanam where PeriyAzhwAr found the Baby who later grew up as soodik kodhuththa nAchiyAr(The Lady who wore the Garland first and then presented it to the Lord,who insisted that he preferred that  it should be that way).
Namaskar.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:01:31 PM by Ravi.N »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 07:17:39 AM »
thanks sri ravi and others, i too had the  privilege of visiting these sacred places you have referred. in fact when i was living in madurai i used to go over to Ramana mandiram every sunday and participate in the evening pooja and chantings.  also had gone to thiruchuzhi could  stay  over night. on those timings had gone to srivilliputhur to the  spots you have mentioned. And separately a trip to saduragiri malai. All sri bhagavan's grace.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Nice that you have visited Madurai, Tiruchuzhi and Srivilliputtur.  I have visited in Madurai, where Sri Bhagavan attained
self-hood in the house near West Towers.  But I have not visited Tiruchuzhi as yet.  I have had my middle school days
in Srivilliputtur where I have gone to Sri Andal's temple several times.  My father was working as District Educational Officer,
stationed at Srivilliputtur and we were staying in Vazhaikulam Street.

Arunachala Siva. 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 07:17:49 AM »
drsundaram/Subramanian,
Nice to know that you have lived in and visited these sacred spots.Just a small correction to what Subramanian has said in that Sri Bhagavan's house is on the street bang opposite the south Tower of Meenakshi temple(not the West Tower).
Apropos visiting sacred places,we have this excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

MASTER: "There are two classes of. yogis: the bahudakas and the kutichakas. The bahudakas roam about visiting various holy places and have not yet found peace of mind. But the kutichakas, having visited all the sacred places, have quieted their minds. Feeling serene and peaceful, they settle down in one place and no longer move about. In that one place they are happy; they don't feel the need of going to any sacred place. If one of them ever visits a place of pilgrimage, it is only for the purpose of new inspiration.

"I had to practise each religion for a time - Hinduism, Islam, Christianity. Furthermore, I followed the paths of the Saktas, Vaishnavas, and Vedantists. I realized that there is only one God toward whom all are travelling; but the paths are different.

"While visiting the holy places, I would sometimes suffer great agony. Once I went with Mathur to Raja Babu's drawing-room in Benares. I found that they talked there only of worldly matters - money, real estate, and the like. At this I burst into tears. I said to the Divine Mother, weeping: 'Mother! Where hast Thou brought me? I was much better off at Dakshineswar.' In Allahabad I noticed the same things that I saw elsewhere - the same ponds, the same grass, the same trees, the same tamarind-leaves.

Master's ecstasy at Vrindavan
"But one undoubtedly finds inspiration in a holy place. I accompanied Mathur Babu to Vrindavan. Hriday and the ladies of Mathur's family were in our party. No sooner did I see the Kaliyadaman Ghat than a divine emotion surged up within me. I was completely overwhelmed. Hriday used to bathe me there as if I were a small child.

"In the dusk I would walk on the bank of the Jamuna when the cattle returned along the sandy banks from their pastures. At the very sight of those cows the thought of Krishna would flash in my mind. I would run along like a madman, crying: 'Oh, where is Krishna? Where is my Krishna?'

"I went to Syamakunda and Radhakunda in a palanquin and got out to visit the holy Mount Govardhan. At the very sight of the mount I was overpowered with divine emotion and ran to the top. I lost all consciousness of the world around me. The residents of the place helped me to come down. On my way to the sacred pools of Syamakunda and Radhakunda, when I saw the meadows, the trees, the shrubs, the birds, and the deer, I was overcome with ecstasy. My clothes became wet with tears. I said: 'O Krishna! Everything here is as it was in the olden days. You alone are absent.' Seated inside the palanquin I lost all power of speech. Hriday followed the palanquin. He had warned the bearers to be careful about me.

"Gangamayi became very fond of me in Vrindavan. She was an old woman who lived all alone in a hut near the Nidhuvan. Referring to my spiritual condition and ecstasy, she said, 'He is the very embodiment of Radha.' She addressed me as 'Dulali'. When with her, I used to forget my food and drink, my bath, and all thought of going home. On some days Hriday used to bring food from home and feed me. Gangamayi also would serve me with food prepared by her own hands.

"Gangamayi used to experience trances. At such times a great crowd would come to see her. One day, in a state of ecstasy, she climbed on Hriday's shoulders.

"I didn't want to leave her and return to Calcutta. Everything was arranged for me to stay with her. I was to eat double-boiled rice, and we were to have our beds on either side of the cottage. All the arrangements had been made, when Hriday said: 'You have such a weak stomach. Who will look after you?' 'Why,' said Gangamayi, 'I shall look after him. I'll nurse him.' As Hriday dragged me by one hand and she by the other, I remembered my mother, who was then living alone here in the nahabat of temple garden. I found it impossible to stay away from her, and said to Gangamayi, 'No, I must go.' I loved the atmosphere of Vrindavan."

Here in this excerpt,the Master covers everything -Regarding the purpose of visiting Holy Places,How one can use it to freshen the Sadhana,and yet at the same time how one should find one's bearing in oneself.
Namaskar.

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 07:50:07 AM »
dear shri Ravi sir
though i wanted to issue a  corrective insertion i forgot. that is chokkappa naicken  street,a small lane/street  opp to south towers.And your other detailed posting alongside  is read & thanks.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »
dear shri Ravi sir
though i wanted to issue a  corrective insertion i forgot. that is chokkappa naicken  street,a small lane/street  opp to south towers.And your other detailed posting alongside  is read & thanks.

dear drsundaram sir,

You seem to be a good devotee of Bhagavan living in Bangalore.

Please message me in private.  Would like to get your number and speak to you, if possible meet you.  We can share our insights on atma vichara, upadesa undiyar, padamalai etc.  I love to speak to Bhagavan devotees. 

I am also in Bangalore. Please mail to ksksat27@gmail.com without fail, please sir.

Regards,
Krishna

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 11:27:25 AM »
drsundaram/Subramanian,
Nice to know that you have lived in and visited these sacred spots.Just a small correction to what Subramanian has said in that Sri Bhagavan's house is on the street bang opposite the south Tower of Meenakshi temple(not the West Tower).
Apropos visiting sacred places,we have this excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

MASTER: "There are two classes of. yogis: the bahudakas and the kutichakas. The bahudakas roam about visiting various holy places and have not yet found peace of mind. But the kutichakas, having visited all the sacred places, have quieted their minds. Feeling serene and peaceful, they settle down in one place and no longer move about. In that one place they are happy; they don't feel the need of going to any sacred place. If one of them ever visits a place of pilgrimage, it is only for the purpose of new inspiration.

"I had to practise each religion for a time - Hinduism, Islam, Christianity. Furthermore, I followed the paths of the Saktas, Vaishnavas, and Vedantists. I realized that there is only one God toward whom all are travelling; but the paths are different.

"While visiting the holy places, I would sometimes suffer great agony. Once I went with Mathur to Raja Babu's drawing-room in Benares. I found that they talked there only of worldly matters - money, real estate, and the like. At this I burst into tears. I said to the Divine Mother, weeping: 'Mother! Where hast Thou brought me? I was much better off at Dakshineswar.' In Allahabad I noticed the same things that I saw elsewhere - the same ponds, the same grass, the same trees, the same tamarind-leaves.

Master's ecstasy at Vrindavan
"But one undoubtedly finds inspiration in a holy place. I accompanied Mathur Babu to Vrindavan. Hriday and the ladies of Mathur's family were in our party. No sooner did I see the Kaliyadaman Ghat than a divine emotion surged up within me. I was completely overwhelmed. Hriday used to bathe me there as if I were a small child.

"In the dusk I would walk on the bank of the Jamuna when the cattle returned along the sandy banks from their pastures. At the very sight of those cows the thought of Krishna would flash in my mind. I would run along like a madman, crying: 'Oh, where is Krishna? Where is my Krishna?'

"I went to Syamakunda and Radhakunda in a palanquin and got out to visit the holy Mount Govardhan. At the very sight of the mount I was overpowered with divine emotion and ran to the top. I lost all consciousness of the world around me. The residents of the place helped me to come down. On my way to the sacred pools of Syamakunda and Radhakunda, when I saw the meadows, the trees, the shrubs, the birds, and the deer, I was overcome with ecstasy. My clothes became wet with tears. I said: 'O Krishna! Everything here is as it was in the olden days. You alone are absent.' Seated inside the palanquin I lost all power of speech. Hriday followed the palanquin. He had warned the bearers to be careful about me.

"Gangamayi became very fond of me in Vrindavan. She was an old woman who lived all alone in a hut near the Nidhuvan. Referring to my spiritual condition and ecstasy, she said, 'He is the very embodiment of Radha.' She addressed me as 'Dulali'. When with her, I used to forget my food and drink, my bath, and all thought of going home. On some days Hriday used to bring food from home and feed me. Gangamayi also would serve me with food prepared by her own hands.

"Gangamayi used to experience trances. At such times a great crowd would come to see her. One day, in a state of ecstasy, she climbed on Hriday's shoulders.

"I didn't want to leave her and return to Calcutta. Everything was arranged for me to stay with her. I was to eat double-boiled rice, and we were to have our beds on either side of the cottage. All the arrangements had been made, when Hriday said: 'You have such a weak stomach. Who will look after you?' 'Why,' said Gangamayi, 'I shall look after him. I'll nurse him.' As Hriday dragged me by one hand and she by the other, I remembered my mother, who was then living alone here in the nahabat of temple garden. I found it impossible to stay away from her, and said to Gangamayi, 'No, I must go.' I loved the atmosphere of Vrindavan."

Here in this excerpt,the Master covers everything -Regarding the purpose of visiting Holy Places,How one can use it to freshen the Sadhana,and yet at the same time how one should find one's bearing in oneself.
Namaskar.

Dear Ravi sir,

Thanks for your reply. wonderful trip you had.

Can you kindly check your private message box and reply me in private.  thankyou sir.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »
ksksat(Krishna),
I have responded on 16th to your yahoo mail id;I again copied the same yesterday.Please check whether it has gone into 'Junk' folder by any chance.
Namaskar.