Author Topic: performing rituals to the departed  (Read 17939 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: performing rituals to the departed
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »
Sir

You have seemed to subscribed to views of Sri TGN as much as I have subscribed to the traditional view on re-birth karma etc.

I dont have any comments except this:

Maharishee Ramana never never discouraged shraddha ceremony. The example you had quoted was a rare exceptional one.  There is another story where one devotee heard similar anectode like you had quoted and stopped shraddha ceremony.  Maharishee Ramana scolded him and when that devotee quoted Maharishee's past anectode,  Maharishee simply asked him "are you that A to whom that advice was given?"

I could not re-collect the source or name of the devotee involved in that incident.

Any case, fine sir,  we all are destined to follow a path, a teacher and a set of teachings -- nothing can be altered.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »
Dear sir,

That is all fine, but I have one observation in positive spirit .

You seem to be open to all teachings and listen to a number of saints.  There is nothing wrong for inspiration we can even refer to non spiritual quarters.

But if we are serious on sadhana and liberation, I think one has to really subscribe to a Master, choose Him consciously and follow his teachings vigorously. 

This is in no way mean we are not open to other quarters.

Somehow I feel,  just standing at the railway station and knowing each & every informarion about all trains passing by will not help. One hast to leave all other trains and board a particular train.

One has to drop everyone else and choose a sage.   That dropping is not really dropping.  One has to trust Him the one who the sadhaka chose.  It may be a living saint or a saint who attained samadhi . Does not matter, but one has to choose Him in that moment of self will.

With your approach,  you can remain in the shore sir -- you can even get part and parcel inspiration but it will not help beyond a point. 

For eg, Sri Aurobindo does not accept the Vedantic school of thought.  One can turn to him for inspiration but if one cannot follow Him and vedanta at the same time.

So I kindly advise, you 'belong' to somebody and call yourself 'Ramana devotee' ' Ramakrishna devotee' or TGN follower etc. There is nothing wrong in that approach.

Dont mistake me, "are you afriad of the sense of belonging to a community?, you dont want to belong to a class of devotees, a group? Just be an onlooker, commentator and a point of inspiration and help?,  but how long one can wander like this? "

I think we should really identify with our Guru, oh this is my Home, it does not take any pratice to lead that, it is a inner will or state. you know.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:27 PM »
well sir, 

"Krishna,Please go through your posts .They are full of advices to one and all.You may like to examine whether this is okay for you."

Frankly speaking every moment I wander away from Sri Ramana I feel that I am not fully surrendered to Him.  If I would have surrendered, where is the need to read other saint's teachings ?

To what I do is atleast increase the percentage of time I spend with Ramana Maharishee.  It should be the maximum time.  Only for relaxation,  instead of seeing mega serial or reading any type of novel, one can read the respected teaching of other saints.  Otherwise,  one should always , one and only follow his Master alone.

so it is like this:

best preferrable approach:     only who am i or arunachala bhakthi in Arunachaleshwara temple.  change between these two only.

second preferrable approach: if that bores (due to our lack of maturity),  read Ramana recommended books like Ribhu Gita or Ramana related books like Guru Vachaka Kovai or Sannidhi Murai or Direct teachings like Ulladhu Narpadhu or Upadesa undiyar.

third preferrable approach:    if even that bores,  turn to devotees of Ramana and re-read their accounts from Power of presence or living by the words of Bhagavan.

fouth preferrable approach:  for some divertion go ahead and read about other saints, but come back soon to world of Ramana Maharishee alone.

What I have put here may seem crude and raw,  but that works sir.  You may consider ,just rewind all the Masters before your eyes,  you will feel that dualistic attraction to your Master at some point.

It is not advise,  but a frank wondering with regards to our flawed approach ( i am very much there in the group but varying degree)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »
ksksat(krishna),
If you wish to discuss anything unrelated to the topic,we may do so in the Rough Note book thread.I am moving my responses from here to there.
Namaskar.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:26:23 PM by Ravi.N »