Author Topic: During the final moments of every man's life  (Read 1761 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
During the final moments of every man's life
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Dear devotees

This is what is going to happen to each and every man in his final moments.

Imagine this scene daily --  major operation, you are very very minimally conscious,  all relatives surrounding you and coming with you in the stretcher,  to lead you to the ICU.  Slowly they all disappear,  only doctor and you in that void room of ICU Operation theater.

The anesthesia doctor  comes to admit you some dosage to make you lose consciousness -- finished sir, every man in this situation will get afraid,  And we will also become afriad because we did not do sadana like Annamalai Swami.

What we will do in that moment?  Whoever may be , he will try to hold form of Shiva or Ambaal or Vishnu or Ramana Maharishee or his ishta.  Nothing else will strike in that moment.

Hold that feet as steadfastly as you can.

If operation fails in between,  our prana will leave , before leaving it will come out of that anesthesia for a brief second to struggle for life. And in utter darkness and void surrounding, prana will have to forcibly leave the body.

So daily be prepared for that final moment. Increase your devotion and self enquiry. Hold Ramana Maharshiee's feet as tightly as possible . Beg for his grace.  What use in endless analyzing of scriptures? wake up, no time now, dont regret later.  please .

I had a remarkable dream some days before.  There is a cot in which I am sleeping, the cot is going to explode in few minutes intensely.

My mind tried to recollect if anything good was done by me in this life at all.  I was reviving my life scenes very quickly but initially could not find any good at all.

All of a sudden,  one good storke in my mind --  the idol of Ambaal ,  Shakhti like dressed in utsava vigraha of shiva temples (procession deity), that idol came before me and along with that the idea came that I had a very small bit of devotion to Divine Mother, motherly love a very very small drop of it I had.  The moment that idea came, I tried hard to wake from my cot to escape death.

I woke up with great difficutly from the cot and slowly walked towards Ramasramam.  In the dream itself the idea came that even when you are in Ramasramam, when ultimatley you die, you have to be ready and prepared for it.

I came back to normal mode. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: During the final moments of every man's life
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

Sri Bhagavan used to say that one must be conscious before his death to attain Mukti.  In the event of your being
conscious, you chant within your lips Arunachala Siva, Arunachala Siva....  This is the Mahamantram that would surely
take you to the shore.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
Friends,
What matters is whether we have devotion and faith right now and are feeling the presence of God here and now.The mind will then fall quiet and and there will not be idle speculation.
Namaskar.

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
Dear Krishnan ,
Like Subramanian Sir said , we should hold onto Arunachala Siva through chant of Arunachala Siva mentally or through form in our last moments  .
We can also contemplate on Bhagavan chanting mentally , Om namo Bhagavte Sri Ramanaya.
As Shri Sadhu OM has said in his Arunachala Venba , in ou final moments those who have thought of Arunachala even once in his lifetime,
Arunchala will appear during our last moments and this will lead to liberation.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:16:31 AM »
Friends,

அருணா சலமென வகமே நினைப்பவ
       ர
கத்தைவே ரறுப்பா யருணாசலா.

What sort of remembrance is needed?Sri Bhagavan says -'அகமே நினைப்பவர்'

Here is an excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

A Vaishnava goswami was seated in the room. The Master said to him: "Well, what do you say? What is the way?"

GOSWAMI: "Sir, the chanting of God's name is enough. The scriptures emphasize the sanctity of God's name for the Kaliyuga."

MASTER: "Yes, there is no doubt about the sanctity of God's name. But can a mere name achieve anything, without the yearning love of the devotee behind it? One should feel great restlessness of soul for the vision of God. Suppose a man repeats the name of God mechanically, while his mind is absorbed in 'woman and gold'. Can he achieve anything? Mere muttering of magic words doesn't cure one of the pain of a spider or scorpion sting. One must also apply the smoke of burning cow-dung."

GOSWAMI: "But what about Ajamila then? He was a great sinner; there was no sin he had not indulged in. But he uttered the name of Narayana on his death-bed, calling his son, who also had that name. And thus he was liberated."

MASTER: "Perhaps Ajamila had done many spiritual things in his past births. It is also said that he once practised austerity; besides, those were the last moments of his life. What is the use of giving an elephant a bath? It will cover itself with dirt and dust again and become its former self. But if someone removes the dust from its body and gives it a bath just before it enters the stable, then the elephant remains clean.
"Suppose a man becomes pure by chanting the holy name of God, but immediately afterwards commits many sins. He has no strength of mind. He doesn't take a vow not to repeat his sins. A bath in the Ganges undoubtedly absolves one of all sins; but what does that avail? They say that the sins perch on the trees along the bank of the Ganges. No sooner does the man come back from the holy waters than the old sins jump on his shoulders from the trees. (All laugh.) The same old sins take possession of him again. He is hardly out of the water before they fall upon him.
Therefore I say, chant the name of God, and with it pray to Him that you may have love for Him. Pray to God that your attachment to such transitory things as wealth, name, and creature comforts may become less and less every day".

Friends,so it is not at all about being conscious during the last moments or chanting the name then-if that chanting does not bring God's presence now,it is not likely to bring it during the dying moments.So,what ails us?we need to cure that and we must set about it right now.

Namaskar.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:50:59 AM by Ravi.N »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »
Friends,

Here is an  excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

The Master was again talking and laughing, like a child who, though ailing, sometimes forgets his illness and laughs and plays about.

MASTER (to the devotees): "It will avail you nothing unless you realize Satchidananda.There is nothing like discrimination and renunciation. The worldly man's devotion to God is momentary―like a drop of water on a redhot frying-pan. Perchance he looks at a flower and exclaims, 'Ah, what a wonderful creation of God!'

Yearning for God

"One must be restless for God. If a son clamours persistently for his share of the property, his parents consult with each other and give it to him even though he is a minor. God will certainly listen to your prayers if you feel restless for Him. Since He has begotten us, surely we can claim our inheritance from Him. He is our own Father, our own Mother. We can force our demand on Him. We can say to him, 'Reveal Thyself to me or I shall cut my throat with a knife!' "

Sri Ramakrishna taught the devotees how to call on the Divine Mother.

Master's prayer to the Divine Mother

MASTER: "I used to pray to Her in this way: 'O Mother! O Blissful One! Reveal Thyself to me. Thou must!' Again, I would say to Her: 'O Lord of the lowly! O Lord of the universe! Surely I am not outside Thy universe. I am bereft of knowledge. I am without discipline. I have no devotion. I know nothing. Thou must be gracious and reveal Thyself to me.' "

Thus the Master taught the devotees how to pray. They were deeply touched. Tears filled Mahimacharan's eyes.

Sri Ramakrishna looked at him and sang:

Cry to your Mother Syama with a real cry, O mind!
And how can She hold Herself from you?
How can Syama stay away?..

The Great ones always teach us this lesson-To always put our heart and soul into prayer.There is another very important lesson that we may learn-To keep this devotion under wraps and not go overboard in public!If at all one may share anything publicly,it is about one's lack of devotion.The more we we keep it under wraps,the small spark will grow.
Namaskar.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
find what cannot be prepared for
ultimately we do not die
only the body dies and the story of "we" stops being told
who we really are is unchanged
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

arcsekar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
In the case of sincere devotees,  Iam sure Bhagavan will himself come to pick up and lead the 
last journey.This has happened to many devotees. At least ,we will be endowed with the premonition of our departure, so that we will be given short notice to chant and utter last prayer to Arunachala Ramana. REf Aksharamanamalai - verse 96  vittitil kattamam vittidathu unai uyir vittida arulpuri Arunachala..

Devotees   ---,why doubt the grace of Bhagavan.--Namo Ramanaya---ARC Sekar