Author Topic: next janma and naan yar  (Read 5367 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
next janma and naan yar
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
dear all,

please help me in answering this question to the best of your ability.

I am now attached to Ramana Bhagavan, Naan Yaar Vicharanai and Arunachaleshwarar-- Apeethakuchambal.

I dont think my current position of vasanas will give me a videha mukthi in this janma (this is not negative outlook but a clear neutral assessment of status quo)

I really find that vasanas par exceed and even to enter higher worlds like tapo lokha, satya lokha etc. and attain krama mukthi from there is also a doubt.

In this scenario, I want to ensure I again come to Ramana Maharishi, Naan Yaar and Annamalai aandavan (aandavan means God, he rules, controls , and hence aandavan in tamil)

How shall I ensure the same?  Any tips?  Any views on this ?

Please help me.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: next janma and naan yar
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »
Krishna(ksksat27),

I am now attached to Ramana Bhagavan, Naan Yaar Vicharanai and Arunachaleshwarar-- Apeethakuchambal

Did you put your question to Bhagavan or Arunachaleswara?What is the Response?What makes you put these questions now to the forum members and ask them to help withan answer to the best of their ability?

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »

Swami was sitting alone in the Virupaksha cave. Ramaswamy Iyer gives an
account of his meeting with Swami, in his diary: 'My soul was stirred; and I
appealed to him 'Sir, Jesus and other great souls came into the world to
redeem sinners. Is there no hope for me?' The Swami said (in English):-

'THERE IS HOPE, YES. THERE IS HOPE'

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:32:13 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
Krishna(ksksat27),

I am now attached to Ramana Bhagavan, Naan Yaar Vicharanai and Arunachaleshwarar-- Apeethakuchambal

Did you put your question to Bhagavan or Arunachaleswara?What is the Response?What makes you put these questions now to the forum members and ask them to help withan answer to the best of their ability?

Namaskar.

Dear Sri Ravi

I have lost that simple Heart to put questions to Maharishee and get answers through Heart.

There seems to be no end to this cycle.  Please stick to the original question and answer me.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 05:26:25 PM »
Krishna,
The answer that Sri Bhagavan has hammered over and over again is -You are The Self,Right now and forever.If one is attached to Bhagavan,one should put 100% Faith and not believe what one's mind says:

I dont think my current position of vasanas will give me a videha mukthi in this janma (this is not negative outlook but a clear neutral assessment of status quo)

Just refuse to believe what the mind says,however you may think that you have assessed the situation.Why?Situations change but you are the Self,right here and now.

Put your trust in Sri Bhagavan's words 100%-irrespective of what you feel or think.Invoke his Grace Right now.See for yourself right now.

This is what it means to be devoted to Sri Bhagavan or Arunachaleswara.

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 05:48:35 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

apropos to Sri Ravi's response, you may still feel skeptical and a sense of despair may linger and you may feel a sense of hopelessness. But is it not the truth really? Even if it is Truth that cannot be rejected, still a sense of emptiness pervades that is because the Truth, the Soul has to be nourished with worship and love. Is there a dearth to worship the God, the Self, Truth for us?

Even though the Truth is already our nature, and there is no attainment of it, yet we can say it as "Easwara Niyati" that one has to offer oblation, by way of worship, prayers. It is not just enough, that Ramana is everything to me and so on, and Atma Vichara alone is enough, is most of most cases! Engage all Thy body organs in His worship.

With your mouth, Sing His glories
With yours hands, Serve Him
With your legs, go to His places of worship
With your eyes, See His divine form
With your mind, decorate him by thinking about Him
etc..

You may not derive the same happiness because currently they are engaged in worldly affairs. Just couple it with God. Give respected place and time for God in your daily life. It does not simply suffice thinking about God in work place and visiting ebooks and forums and reading books.

We have so many types of Upasanas, take one and keep doing it. We have Sandhya worship, or Japa, offer flowers, incense stickis, decorate the Lord. Buy sweets and offer it to the Lord, go to a temple and distribute among devotees. Do something.

--
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:59:26 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:50 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

your response so much reminded me of our friend srkudai :-) just only the same kind of response in a more acceptable and refined manner.

:)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »
Krishna,
The other way is the way of Prayer.Here is an excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

Yearning for God
"One must be restless for God. If a son clamours persistently for his share of the property,his parents consult with each other and give it to him even though he is a minor. God will certainly listen to your prayers if you feel restless for Him. Since He has begotten us, surely
we can claim our inheritance from Him. He is our own Father, our own Mother. We can force our demand on Him. We can say to him, 'Reveal Thyself to me or I shall cut my throat with a knife!' "

Sri Ramakrishna taught the devotees how to call on the Divine Mother.

Master's prayer to the Divine Mother

MASTER: "I used to pray to Her in this way: 'O Mother! O Blissful One! Reveal Thyself to me. Thou must!' Again, I would say to Her: 'O Lord of the lowly! O Lord of the universe! Surely I am not outside Thy universe. I am bereft of knowledge. I am without discipline. I
have no devotion. I know nothing. Thou must be gracious and reveal Thyself to me.' "

Thus the Master taught the devotees how to pray. They were deeply touched. Tears filled Mahimacharan's eyes.

There is simply no question of not receiving a response,if we put our heart and soul into it.Do always remember that our worthiness or lack of it does not matter.Grace alone matters provided we allow it to operate by cooperating with it and not push it away by our wrong beliefs and ideas.
Wishing you the very Best.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 06:08:29 PM »
Nagaraj,

your response so much reminded me of our friend srkudai :-)

Yes  :)

Udai used to refer to Annamalai Swami's wonderful sayings and one of it is this.

Swami used to say:

உடல் நான் அல்ல;எண்ணங்கள் நான் அல்ல;ஆத்மாவே நான்;அதுவே எல்லாம்

I am not the Body;I am not the thoughts;I am the Self;Self is all.

Swami asked me to write this as a Japa.I wrote one letter full of this saying Repeated and Swami was immensely delighted to receive that letter.

Namaskar.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Thanks for your quote.

nice to see you in forum active after a long time....in this active period, let me make best use of your wonderful quotes and answers.

Swami was sitting alone in the Virupaksha cave. Ramaswamy Iyer gives an
account of his meeting with Swami, in his diary: 'My soul was stirred; and I
appealed to him 'Sir, Jesus and other great souls came into the world to
redeem sinners. Is there no hope for me?' The Swami said (in English):-

'THERE IS HOPE, YES. THERE IS HOPE'

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
Krishnan, Friends,

Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. - Psalm 27:14

Tough times, struggles are a definite indications that we are on the right path. It is only wise to be cautious when things seem to go smooth. Who is spared from struggles? Just look around, Lord Rama had struggles, Krishna had struggles, Jesus had struggles, Ramakrishna, Ramana had struggles. Who is just spared from struggles.

It is these struggles that really pulled them all towards the divinity. I always was inspired by the above psalm. We have to wait for the Lord. Wait out the struggles, endure the sufferings silently and prayerfully. Bear with the pains with hope. There are no shortcuts. Let these struggles mould us for the better. resist not the contradictions. do not fight the struggles. face it, experience the pains, struggles fully. do not endure them blindly. Know it, learn it. see through these struggles. There is no point in fretting. there is no point in complaining or crying in despair. These are hard realities of life. lay out the pains at the feet of your God, your Guru very prayerfully, lay your despair and pains at the feet of the Guru God prayerfully. Cry our your despairs to the Lord prayerfully, seeking his grace. Are not these struggles wonderfully found in Akshara mana malai? the various struggles a sadhaka faces is so prayerfully expressed in AAMM. Thaayumanavar, Manickavachar all their expressions are the outburst of their inner struggles, Thyagaraja songs? what are they , they are verily these outbursts of inner pains conflicts and struggles.

communicate with the God, the Guru with understanding. This is no brahma vidya. These are the ways shown by our Sages.

I remember this wonderful story from Sat charitra at this moment:

True Guru Bhakti

There was an old woman, by the name Radhabai. She was the mother of one Khashaba Deshmukh. Hearing Baba’s fame she came to Shirdi with the people of Sangamner. She took Baba’s darshan and was much satisfied. She loved Baba intimately and resolved in her mind that, she should accept Baba as her Guru and take some Upadesh from Him. She determined to fast herself unto death, so long as Baba did not accept her and give her any Upadesh or Mantra. She stayed in her lodging and stopped taking any food or water for three days. I was frightened by this ordeal of the old woman and interceded with Baba on her behalf. I said, “Deva, what is this You have started? You drag so many persons here. You know that old lady. She is very obstinate and depends on You. She has resolved to fast unto death, if You don’t accept and instruct her. If anything worse happens, people will blame You and say that Baba did not instruct her and as a consequence, she met her death. So take some mercy on her, bless her and instruct her.” On seeing her determination Baba sent for her, and made her changeher mind, by addressing as follows:

“Oh mother, why do you have to subject yourself to unnecessary tortures? You are My mother and I am your child. Take pity on Me and hear Me through. I tell you My own story, which if you listen carefully, will do you good. I had a Guru. He was a great saint and most merciful. I served him long, very long, still he would not blow any Mantra into My ears. I had keen desire, never to leave him, but to stay with and serve him, and at all costs receive some instructions from him. But he had his own way. He first got my head shaved and asked Me for two paise3 as Dakshina4. I gave the same at once. You may say that, as My Guru was perfect, why should he ask for money and how should he be called desireless? The reply is that, he never cared for coins. What had he to do with them? His two paise were (1) Firm faith and (2) Patience or perseverance. I gave these two paise to him and he was pleased.”

“I resorted to My Guru for 12 years. He brought Me up. There was no dearth of food and clothing. He was full of love or say, he was love incarnate. How can I describe it? He loved Me most. Rare is a Guru like him. When I looked at him, he seemed as if he was in deep meditation and then, we both were filled with bliss. Night and day, I gazed at him, with no thought of hunger and thirst. Without him, I felt restless. I had no other subject to meditate upon, nor any other thing than My Guru to attend. He was My sole refuge. My mind was always fixed on him. This Nishtha (firm faith) is one paisa of Dakshina. Saburi (Patience or perseverance) is the other paisa.

I waited patiently and served My Guru. This Saburi will ferry you across the sea of this mundane existence. Saburi removes all sins and afflictions, gets rid of calamities in various ways, and casts aside all fear, and ultimately, gives you success. Saburi is the mine of virtues, consort of good thought”. Nishtha (faith) and Saburi (patience) are like twin sisters, loving each other very intimately.

“My Guru never expected any other thing from Me. He never neglected Me, but protected Me at all times. I lived with him and was some times away from him still I never felt the absence of his love. He always protected Me by his glance, just as the tortoise feeds her young ones, whether they are near her or away from her on the other side of the bank, by her loving glances. Oh mother, My Guru never taught Me any Mantra then, how shall I blow any Mantra in your ears? Just remember that Guru’s tortoise-like loving glance gives us happiness. Do not try to get Mantra or Upadesh from anybody. Make Me the sole object of your thoughts and actions and you will, no doubt, attain Paramartha (the spiritual goal of life). Look at Me whole-heartedly and I, in turn, look at you. Sitting in this Masjid, I speak the truth, nothing but the truth. No Sadhana or proficiency in the six Shastras, is necessary. Have faith and confidence in your Guru. Believe that, Guru is the sole Actor or Doer. Blessed is he, who knows the greatness of his Guru and thinks him to be Hari, Hara and Brahma (Trimurti) Incarnate”.

Instructed in this way, the old lady was convinced she bowed to Baba and gave up her fast. Hearing this story carefully and attentively, and marking its significance and appropriateness, Hemadpant was most agreeably surprised. On seeing this wonderful Leela of Baba, he  was moved from top to toe, he was overflowing with joy, his throat was choked and he was not able to utter a single word.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:29:54 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »
Here is a wonderful song.

Aezhai manadhai maaligaiyakki
Iravum pagalum kaaviyam paadi

Make the poor heart a palace
Sing poetically about night and day (sadness and joy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrBOuI4Lt4

மயக்கமா கலக்கமா
மனதிலே குழப்பமா
வாழ்க்கையில் நடுக்கமா

வாழ்க்கை என்றால் ஆயிரம் இருக்கும்
வாசல் தோறும் வேதனை இருக்கும்
வந்த துன்பம் எது வென்றாலும்
வாடி நின்றால் ஓடுவதில்லை
வாடி நின்றால் ஓடுவதில்லை
எதையும் தாங்கும் இதயம் இருந்தால்
இறுதி வரைக்கும் அமைதி இருக்கும்

(மயக்கமா)
ஏழை மனதை மாளிகையக்கி
இரவும் பகலும் காவியம் பாடி
நாளைப் பொழுதை இறைவனுக்களித்து
நடக்கும் வாழ்வில் அமைதியைத் தேடு
நடக்கும் வாழ்வில் அமைதியைத் தேடு
உனக்கும் கீழே உள்ளவர் கோடி
நினைத்துப் பார்த்து நிம்மதி நாடு

(மயக்கமா)

Mayakkamaa kalakkamaa
Manadhilae kuzhappamaa
Vaazhkkaiyil nadukkamaa

Are you dazed and queasy?
Is there confusion in your heart?
Is there uncertainty in your life?

Vaazhkkai enraal aayiram irukkum
Vaasal dhoarum vedhanai irukkum
Vandha thunbam edhuvendraalum
Vaadi ninraal oaduvadhillai
Vaadi ninraal oaduvadhillai
Edhaiyum thaangum idhayam irundhaal
Irudhi varaikkum amaidhi irukkum

(Mayakkamaa)

Life has thousands of problems in it
Every one?s house has anxieties (not just you)
Whatever the trouble is
If you wilt and stop, they don?t go away
If you wilt and stop, they don?t go away
If you have a heart that can endure anything
There will be peace until the end

Aezhai manadhai maaligaiyakki
Iravum pagalum kaaviyam paadi
Naalaip pozhudhai iraivanukkaliththu
Nadakkum vaazhvil amaidhiyaith thaedu
Nadakkum vaazhvil amaidhiyaith thaedu
Unakkum keezhae ullavar koadi
Ninaiththup paarththu nimmadhi naadu

(Mayakkamaa)

Make the poor heart a palace
Sing poetically about night and day (sadness and joy)
Dedicate tomorrow?s time/worries to god and
Look for peace in your present life
There are crores of people worse off than you
Think about that and feel grateful and peaceful
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »
Nagaraj/Friends,
Wonderful story of saibaba and the old woman.Faith and patience are indeed precious.The other song of kannadasan is truly a wonderful one.The story goes that when Lyricist vAli came to chennai looking for an opening in the film world,he shared a one room apartment with the legendary singer P B Srinivas and (If I remember right)Nagesh.Having spent almost a year and with little success,vAli was crestfallen and packed his belongings into a suitcase and was about to leave chennai for good.Just then the singer P B srinivas returned home and eagerly shared the news of this song that he had just recorded that day.He wanted to sing it for his mates and did just that.Hearing this song,Forthwith vAli carried his suitcase inside and settled down ,never to look back!He became a Great Lyricist.
Such is the power of KannadAsan's songs!Truly a Gifted poet.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
Krishna/Friends,
Krishna requested a straight answer for his question.The Reason that I have asked a few questions is this -We have to make the most of the present life and our devotion to Bhagavan today.If instead we saddle ourselves with the question of how to continue relationship with Bhagavan in the next life-Well,what to say?Where is the guarantee that the next one will not go the way the present did......and there is no end to this sort of speculation.
What is needed is the immediate step that one has to take,and if taken rightly will lead to the next right one,and every moment has to be invested with this sort of attention.This is all that one can do and one must do as well.
Assuming that we have to wait for aeons to see a little light;we should be prepared for it with good cheer.

Here is a story that swami Vivekananda narrates in his talk on Raja Yoga:

There was a great god-sage called N?rada. Just as there are sages among mankind, great Yogis, so there are great Yogis among the gods. Narada was a good Yogi, and very great. He travelled everywhere. One day he was passing through a forest, and saw a man who had been meditating until the white ants had built a huge mound round his body ? so long had he been sitting in that position. He said to Narada, "Where are you going?" Narada replied, "I am going to heaven." "Then ask God when He will be merciful to me; when I shall attain freedom." Further on Narada saw another man. He was jumping about, singing, dancing, and said, "Oh, Narada, where are you going?" His voice and his gestures were wild. Narada said, "I am going to heaven." "Then, ask when I shall be free." Narada went on. In the course of time he came again by the same road, and there was the man who had been meditating with the ant-hill round him. He said, "Oh, Narada, did you ask the Lord about me?" "Oh, yes." "What did He say?" "The Lord told me that you would attain freedom in four more births." Then the man began to weep and wail, and said, "I have meditated until an ant-hill has grown around me, and I have four more births yet!" Narada went to the other man. "Did you ask my question?" "Oh, yes. Do you see this tamarind tree? I have to tell you that as many leaves as there are on that tree, so many times, you shall be born, and then you shall attain freedom." The man began to dance for joy, and said, "I shall have freedom after such a short time!" A voice came, "My child, you will have freedom this minute." That was the reward for his perseverance. He was ready to work through all those births, nothing discouraged him. But the first man felt that even four more births were too long. Only perseverance, like that of the man who was willing to wait aeons brings about the highest result.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 09:27:26 PM »
Krishna/Friends,
I will also recommend Swami sivananda's wonderful book-Light,Power and Wisdom.It is a small book but has all the vital guidelines for sadhana.It just will not to do to say-'I will do only self-enquiry.I will be devoted only to Ramana maharshi and arunAchaleswara&ApeethakuchambAl'.This sort of a strait jacket is more a hindrance than a help in sadhana.This is not eka Nishta.
I also recommend the Four aids Chapter from Sri Aurobindo's Synthesis of Yoga that I have posted here.
Eka nishta is not a persuaded type of fidelity .It is when the mind spontaneously remains absorbed in the ideal.It cannot be imitated.
If the vasanas are there,we need to watch out and see how to starve them and marginalize them.This requires tremendous sincerity,Hardwork,patience and perseverance.
Satsangha is a powerful aid.Listening to Bhajans,doing Gayatri japa,reading the lives and teachings of saints,Stotra chants,veda parayana if one knows,doing any small service-all these are very very helpful in tackling vasanas,and purifying the mind.
I fully endorse all that Nagaraj has recommended by way of Sadhana in his other post.
Wishing you the very Best.
Namaskar.