Author Topic: Articles,Interviews,News  (Read 22256 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Articles,Interviews,News
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:37 AM »
Atmavichar,
Right from my childhood days,I have always been fascinated by his deep resonant voice and glorious singing of oothukaadu venkata subbier's songs on Lord Sri Krishna.Just the other day I was watching the recording of his live video:http://www.pithukulimurugadas.com/listen.html with the vibrant accompaniment by his wife with the cymbals.Just how devoted she was-she married him only to serve him and this can be witnessed in this video,how lovingly she feeds him a quick bite amidst his performance.
'paadavithaay naan paaduginrene'- is a wonderful song."You made me sing and I am singing'.
Namaskar

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »
Aum Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
Sri Ramana Bhaktha Samajam, West Mambalam

Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharishi 136th Jayanthi Celebrations
Venue : BVSN Murthy School,   27/12A,Thambiah Road,       West Mambalam              Date and Time     : 27th Dec 2015 Sunday               4.15pm ? 7.30pm   

Programme
     4.15pm :Mangala Isai ? Nadaswaram
                Mambalam M.K.Sundar & Party
     5.00pm : Vedaparayanam         
     5.20pm : Aksharamamalai
           By Samajam Devotees
      5.40pm : Dance Recital
           Sanjana Sivakumar &
          Sharanya Sivakumar
6.10pm : Invocation ? Smt.Sujatha Seetharaman
 6.15pm : Welcome address - Sri M.K.Vaidyanathan   
 6.20pm : Inaugural Addresss - Swami Thyagesananda
 6.45pm : Speeches on Sri Bhagavan - Sri Ganapathidasan, 
            Sri A.R.Chandrasekar & Sri K.Sriram
 7.30pm :  Deeparadhanai and Dinner Prasad
You are cordially invited with relatives and friends
Contact for details Sri.M.K.Vaidyanathan, Secretary, Sri Ramana Bhaktha Samajam
Reach at 04423716495

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
Chadaiya Nayanar -

Date of liberation to Siva's feet - Margazhi, Ardra Star Day.

Chadaiya Nayanar was the father of the renowned devotee who gave the great Tiruth Thondath Thokai
and considered himself the slave of the slaves of Lord Siva. If we see that many admirable qualities of Sundarar  like his excellent love for the Lord was inherited from his father Chadaiya  Nayanar how
much of praise will be sufficient to say about him ! Tiruk Kural says the duty of the father is to make
the son to be front runner in the assembly of wise. This father has made his son celebrated not in a small assembly of people, but to be praised across the centuries. That father who had the softer than patal feet of God in him and the son was in the God will be remembered with reverence by the true devotees.
Let the love of Chadaiya Nayanar for the Lord of Love stay in the mind.

Arunachala Siva.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:28:28 PM by Subramanian.R »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2016, 07:07:19 AM »
Friends,
Warmly recommend this Hanuman Chalisa by the child sooryagayatri:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk4fmRNyuE
The Chanting of Hanuman Chalisa has been recommended by all great ones as a specific for curing all ills and bestowing Grace.Today is Hanuman Jayanthi as per the Tamil calendar.
Swami Vivekananda always goaded the youth to look upto Lord Hanuman as the perfect ideal:

You have now to make the character of Mahavira your ideal. See how at the command of Ramachandra he crossed the ocean. He had no care for life or death! He was a perfect master of his senses and wonderfully sagacious. You have now to build your life on his great ideal of personal service. Through that, all the other ideals will gradually manifest in life. Obedience to Guru without questioning, and strict observance of Brahmacharya - this is the secret of success. As on the one hand Hanuman represents the ideal of service, so on the other he represents leonine courage, striking the whole world with awe. He has not the least hesitation in sacrificing his life for the good of Rama. A supreme indifference to everything except the service of Rama, even to the attainment of the status of Brahma and Shiva, the great World-Gods! Only the carrying out of Shri Rama's best is the one vow of this life! such whole-hearted devotion is wanted.

For a neat transliteration and word for word translation of this wonderful Hymn please check here:
http://maharajji.com/Hanuman-Chalisa/hanuman-chalisa-transliteration.html

http://maharajji.com/Hanuman-Chalisa/hanuman-chalisa-word-by-word.html

Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2016, 07:35:48 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi

Thanks for sharing the links related to Sri Hanuman Chalisa . Yesterday Only I downloaded the text of Sri Hanuman Pancharatnam by Adi Shankara for chanting today being Hanuman Jayanthi . The Hanuman Chalisa is also a great Hymn very popular in North India and during my visit to Rishikesh ,I participate every evening  in the Ganga Aarathi of Sri Paramath Niketan and this is the first Song that is sung there and I hope to include Hanuman Chalisa also in my Parayanam today . Thanks for sharing the links .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »
Chakkiya Naynar:

Date of Liberation:  Margazhi - Pooradam:
The Lord whom the people following all the six religions associated with SanAthana dharma reach finally, that Siva had one of the 63 great devotees from one other religion, namely Budhdhism (Chakkiyam). The people who seek the real truth, whatever be the religion they belong to if they do an impartial analysis of Saivism, explore that it is the path of worshipping Siva that is ultimate.

In the place Thiruchchanga Mangai where people had the generous mind like the mother earth, Nayanar was born in a family which had agriculture as their profession. He learnt lots of philosaphy, not for useless debating or grazing to boast as a scholar, but to find out the truth. Hence he had love for all the creatures in this world. He was determined to come out of the birth-death cycle. (reincarnation). He reached the city Kanchi , which had lots of scholars and was synonymous with knowledge, out of his quest for the truth. He accepted the path of Buddhism. There he had the opportunity to explore the principles of Buddhism and other religions. He read the scriptures of his religion and other religions analysed them with unbiased thirst for truth. Our Lord always leads people in the correct way if they are truthful and have quest for Him. By His grace he established for himself that it is the path of Siva that is the ultimate truth.

He found out, "There are four basic elements. The deed, doer, its effect and the controller of the effect. Only Saivam has this excellent principle, and others don't. And Siva is the Truth". His conclusion was based on his analysis. It was beyond doubts. It was the fact explored. He was sure, "Whatever be one's state, whatever be the form and outside appearance the right thing to do is not forgetting the holy feet of Sankara ." So he didn't change his appearance of a Buddhist monk, but was always enjoying the sweet feet of Lord Siva in his heart. It is only the people who do not realize or do not wish to realize that Omnipresent Almighty Isha is the God, blaspheme due to their dependence on other religions. But our Nayanar flowed in the path of love for the God whom he found out to be the right.

Common for the invisible formlessness and the visible different forms is the symbol of the Lord called Sivalingam (symbol of Siva). That stands for both form and formless. Sivalingam appeared when Vishnu and four headed brahma tried to find out the head and feet of the God. It is the symbol of that immeasurable unique in-explainable Almighty. Realizing these concepts he everyday went to see the Sivalingam, and when seen he forgot the world, became the wax that saw the fire, his heart blossomed, eyes expanded in bliss, tears of joy appeared as pearls. He didn't know what to do. He took a stone and threw it on the Lord without the knowledge of what he is doing but with great devotion. The Lord was happy with the deed of His devotee, like the kid that feels good when the elders out of the love violently embrace it. In his routine he arrived the next day as well. He then remembered that he had thrown a stone on the Lord. Thinking that that happened only as a blessing of the Lord he took that as his service to that Easily pleased. That day on wards everyday he throws a stone at the Sivalingam and worship the God in the saffron cloth of the Buddhist monks.

Is it right to throw stone on the Lord and worship ? Won't it lead to misinterpretations ? How did the Lord then accept such a worship ? It was not the stones themselves the Lord accepted. It was the devotion behind that deed he accepted. So one can not argue that, "I too will throw stones and call it worship". Whether it is the stone throwing of Chakkiya Nayanar or Kannappa Nayanar's putting the footwear on the Sivalingam's head, it was not the actions but the unimaginable peaks of love that was accepted by the Lord as flawless. Others see only the stones, but the hara takes that as flower.

One day he forgot to do his duty of stone worship and went to have his food. That time he realized, "Oh! How did I forget my Love ? How can I go ahead with my food without worshipping Him ?". He rushed to the three eyed Lord's abode with flood like love and speed. He took a stone and offered it to the feet of God. To bless the devotee who forgot his food, rushed in anxiety to do the service he undertook without any break, the eight armed sugarcane - Sambu - appeared in the horizon on the holy Bull with the Goddess who has the best knowledge of the Agamas. The devotee prostrated, praised the Lord with the folded hands on his head. God offered him the coveted post of being His slave in the Sivaloka. Let the quest for the Absolute and the love that is beyond explanation stay in the mind.

Arunachala Siva.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:27:17 AM by Subramanian.R »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »
Subramanian,
May I request you to post stories of nayanmars in a separate thread or in the rough notebook thread.This thread is to provide news,events,articles,etc that devotees can readily refer to.It will help if this sort of organized presentation is maintained in a Forum to facilitate this sort of a reference.
Namaskar

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »
Dear Ravi,

I agree with you.  I shall open a separate topic head.

Arunachala Siva.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »
Dear Ravi Sir

I heard Sri Hanuman Chalisa by Sooriya Gayathri,  Excellent with english wordings.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2016, 09:34:35 PM »
Balaji,
Yes,truly gifted and the credit should go to her mentor Sri Kuldeep pai who I understand frequents talks of Nochur Sri Venkatraman.He sang at one of the recent talks in English on Akshara Mana Malai by Sri Venkatraman at Sri Ramanasramam.
There is such a purity and joi de vivre in the singing of little sooryagayatri-how easily her voice soars in the high register and at the same time full of Bhava and devotion.What a diction to top it all!
you will also enjoy her excellent rendering of mudakaratha modakam,Bhagyada lakshmi baramma and harivarasanam.Pls refer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9FekdPOs1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WhkXpC2iqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKWPd9rH0M

Namaskar
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:20:32 PM by Ravi.N »

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2016, 03:00:41 AM »
Dear Ravi Sir

All the 3 songs are excellent, beautiful voice , god's gift.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2016, 06:48:11 AM »
Today i.e 12 Jan 2016 is the Birthday of Swami Vivekananda and sharing a quote from him :"Our first duty is not to hate ourselves, because to advance we must have faith in ourselves first and then in God. Those who have no faith in themselves can never have faith in God."- Swami Vivekananda .

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2016, 07:51:51 AM »
Atmavichar,
Yes,thanks very much.Today is also 'koodaravalli' and the significance has already been discsussed in this forum:
http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=8133.msg71843#msg71843
Namaskar

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »
Dear Ravi and atmavichar,

Let us see the Tiruppavai verse that speaks of koodaravalli:

கூடாரை வெல்லும் சீர் கோவிந்தா உந்தன்னைப்
பாடிப் பறை கொண்டு யாம் பெறும் சம்மானம்
நாடு புகழும் பரிசினால் நன்றாகச்
சூடகமே தோள் வளையே தோடே செவிப் பூவே
பாடகமே என்றனைய பலகலனும் யாம் அணிவோம்
ஆடை உடுப்போம் அதன் பின்னே பாற் சோறு
மூட நெய் பெய்து முழங்கை வழி வாரக்
கூடி இருந்து குளிர்ந்தேலோர் எம்பாவாய்.

If the gopis sing the glory of Govinda, they get many things from Govinda. Govinda is one who
wins over those who do not join Him but are against Him.

If the gopis sing the praise of Govinda, they get many gifts.  So also we.  They get various ornaments.
After wearing them, they wear nice dresses. Thereafter they eat pal soRu, with mood nei peithu...

They take sarkarai pongal (with cashews, dry grapes, and krambu) with great amount of sweet
in it.  On the sarkarai pongal, pure cow ghee is served, and this ghee completely hide the sarkarai
pongal.  After eating sumptuously, they stay together and enjoy the chill wind of Margazhi month.

(Those days people did not cholesterol problem though they consume good quantity of ghee)

What a wonderful description!     The phrase, 'koodarai vellum' became 'koodaravalli'
and the celebration today came into practice and this is called koodara valli!

There should be some 'hidden' or esoteric meaning for this verse.  Only Ravi can give us what
it is.

Arunachala Siva.     
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:21:12 PM by Subramanian.R »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
Happy Pongal 2016 Greetings to all .