Author Topic: Articles,Interviews,News  (Read 22794 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Articles,Interviews,News
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
Friends,
Warmly recommend the poetry reading of Ana Ram Callahan-her poems on Sri Bhagavan are among the best that i have come across(Part 2 of the video is on Sri Bhagavan).Please check out all the three parts of Ana's reading her poems.Please check:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEwYRhptqJE
Namaskar

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »

Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj , a staunch devotee of Sri Ramana Maharshi and a resident of Sri Ramanasramam passed away on October 14, 2014 at about 1:30PM. His enlightened and inspiring presence at the ashram will be missed by one and all.
Swamiji came to Sri Ramanasramam nearly four decades ago and was a permanent resident of the ashram. He has written ?Sadhanas from Guru Vachaka Kovai?, ?Sadhanas from Devi Kalottaram? and ?Sadhanas from Sri Ramana Gita? and many other books. He has also composed 108 names (ashtotram) on Sri Ramana Maharshi?s mother in Sanskrit which is available as an ashram publication. Swamiji has been compared to Nachiketas for having defied death several years ago and returning from the abode of death after medicos gave up hope.
His Holiness Sri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj of Vasishta Guha (Himalayas), was born on 6th May, 1928, in Tiruvaiyaru (the land of five rivers), Tamil Nadu, India. Swamiji is a disciple of Parma poojya Sri Swami Purushottamananda Puri Maharaj, who was the disciple of Swami Brahmananda (the great disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa). Swamiji is a scholar par excellence in vedic scriptures as well as in the puranic texts. His simplicity, transparent deep faith in the divine force and absolute surrender to the Supreme has made him an ideal combination of Jnana and Bhakti.
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Sage TGN passes away
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 07:48:15 AM »
Sage TGN passed away yesterday (12th) and the physical remains were cremated on the same day.The Tiruppavai thread(incomplete) wherein I have given the inner essence and invaluable insights are based on the wonderful talks of this sage.Over the last few years ,the sage had been gradually withdrawing himself from public view-and those who were fortunate to attend the satsangh on Sundays would have hardly noticed that his health was declining.Over the last few months he was only on liquid diet.Those who have been fortunate enough to have seen and heard him will definitely miss his physical presence.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi

Got the news of passing of Sage TGN through THE HINDU today morning and while his physical presence would be missed ,his teachings would continue to be alive for ever as they are timeless .I am thankful to you for introducing me to Sage TGN first in Dec 2012 when I attended his Thiruppavai Talks during Margazhi in Dec 2012 with you . In Dec 2013 he spoke very less but yet I had the opportunity to see him and listen to his audio talks on Thiruppavai with you . I also got some of his talks on Fate and Free will and keep listening to it and his book on ?Practical Philosophy " is an excellent summary of his teachings that I keep referring to time and again . Was eagerly looking forward to attend few of his talks in Dec 2014 this year . Anyway as I said the person would be missed in the Physical but his talks are available on Audios and we can benefit by listening to them again and again .

Om Peace .

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

I felt sad when I just came to know from your post that Sage Sri TGN has shed the mortal body and attained Samadhi. However, a Sage is not the physical body, He will remain enshrined in His devotees' hearts, and as Sri Atmavichar said, His teachings would continue to be alive and be the source of Light and Inspiration for His devotees in their spiritual journey. I pay my deep homage to the great Master.

Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:59:46 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 07:13:41 PM »
Dear Ravi,

I am sad to hear the news and I also read the obit in Bangalore edition of The Hindu.  His soul would have definitely
merged with the Absolute. My respectful homage to the Sage. You are fortunate to see him and listen to him.
We have no such luck.

Let his soul rest with the Absolute.

Arunachala Siva.,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 07:06:25 AM »
Atmavichar/anil bhai/Subramanian,
Thanks for your kind words of solicitude.TGN called himself 'saadharan'(Ordinary man).He was extraordinary in his ordinariness!A jivanmukta,he carried himself lightly.He was a model human being,a naishtika Brahmachari in the true sense,worked and retired from office(do not know which company/department),always cared for the worker and lowly,disabled.
Namaskar.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 12:08:39 PM »
Atmavichar/anil bhai/Subramanian,
Thanks for your kind words of solicitude.TGN called himself 'saadharan'(Ordinary man).He was extraordinary in his ordinariness!A jivanmukta,he carried himself lightly.He was a model human being,a naishtika Brahmachari in the true sense,worked and retired from office(do not know which company/department),always cared for the worker and lowly,disabled.
Namaskar.

I had the wonderful opportunity thanks to Sri Ravi to meet and have few words of exchanges with Sage TGN.

Although I have to admit, I found his views for most part alien to my thoughts and perception,  Sage TGN definitely commands our respect for his exalted outlook on life.   

His focus on detachment, service and desirelessness,  his exposition on holy scriptures are a source of wealth for his followers.

In this fast moving world, He indeed offered a safe shelter of lifestyle through his teachings which will ensure total safetly from unnecessary worldly troubles that come to one by unwanted desires.

All thanks goes to Sri Ravi for making his teachings known to this forum.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
அரசு போக்குவரத்துக் கழக அதிகாரி ஒருவர் இது தொடர்பாக ?தி இந்து?விடம் கூறியதாவது:

தீபத் திருவிழாவுக்காக ஆண்டுதோறும் திருவண்ணாமலைக்கு சிறப்பு பஸ்கள் இயக்கப்பட்டு வருகின்றன. அந்த வகையில் இந்த ஆண்டும், விழுப்புரம், கடலூர், பாண்டி, திருச்சி உள்ளிட்ட பல்வேறு இடங்களில் இருந்து மொத்தம் 1,100 சிறப்பு பஸ்கள் இயக்கப்படவுள்ளன. இதில் சென்னையில் இருந்து மட்டும் 500 சிறப்பு பஸ்கள் இயக்கப்படுகின்றன. டிசம்பர் 4-ம் தேதி முதல் 6-ம் தேதி வரை இந்த சிறப்பு பஸ்கள் இயக்கப்படும்.

இவ்வாறு அவர் கூறினார்.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 05:54:23 AM »
Friends,
Recommend this pdf book -upadesa saram by Sri Rajiv Kapoor
http://www.rajivkapur.com/downloads/Upadesa-Saram-by-Rajiv-Kapur.pdf

I have not read it in full but the excerpts that i have read -it looks like quite a useful commentary by the author .I also chanced upon some videos of sri Rajiv Kapoor in youtube.I am given to understand that he initially was practising 'Kriya yoga' of Sri Paramahansa Yogananda and later on turned to the direct path of self-enquiry revealed by Sri Bhagavan.

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »
Friends,
Warmly recommend David Godman's videos on our beloved Bhagavan and various stories-we can now enjoy the wonderful narration of David along with reading his books:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8moYL69QlY
Ramana Maharshi "walking on the hill" by David Godman

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »
Friends,
For those friends who know only hindi,here is a talk(video) by Nochur Sri Venkatraman in Hindi(admittedly the first one) interspersed with short English sentences.Warmly recommended:
http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/portfolio-item/sri-nochur-venkataraman-talks/
Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 08:53:01 AM »
Friends,
The Nepal earthquake has left a trail of destruction taking a toll on human lives both in Nepal and in states of UP,Bihar and Bengal of India.Those interested in helping the affected ones may lookup here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/25/world/nepal-earthquake-how-to-help/
For those who wish to be sure that every single paise of hard earned money donated goes towards relief activities,there is the option of donating to Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission.Here is the news letter on the relief activities they carry out-Often these selfless gallant monks and associated workforce  get into act first and then update the news later:
http://www.belurmath.org/news_archives/
The link to the donation page is here:
http://www.belurmath.org/donation_cca/donation.php
Namaskar
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:25:38 AM by Ravi.N »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 02:50:25 PM »

Suki Sivam Speech about Ramana Maharishi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLzq43k9IM