Author Topic: Existence, Knowledge, Bliss  (Read 1080 times)

silence

• View Profile
Existence, Knowledge, Bliss
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:48:46 PM »
Namaste Friends,

I can understand the Existence part - things exist, but even if they're destroyed Existence per se is always there, never destroyed. But where (and how) do knowledge and bliss fit into this? I am a little confused.

Thanks,
Suresh

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Existence, Knowledge, Bliss
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:33:43 AM »
Dear Suresh,

Being-Consciousness-Bliss or Being-Awareness-Bliss is the Self, the natural state.

I seem to recall Bhagavan being asked why it is described as such and His reply was (paraphrased), that it is beyond description, but this is as close a description as you can get due to the limitations of the mind and language.

Graham

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Existence, Knowledge, Bliss
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:53:45 AM »
Dear Suresh,

Self is Existence, this is the only ulla porul.  Only thing that Self has is Its permanent eternal existence.
Further It is only Knowledge. The worldly knowledge are not the real knowledge. The Self is the Knowledge
beyond compare.  After realizing that Knowledge, no other knowledge is required.  Sri Bhagavan says in Atma
Vidya Kirtanam, 'thannai arithalinri pinnai etharikil en.....'  That is, of realizes the Self, then what else is to be
known.  Further It is only Bliss,  Anandam.  This Anandam cannot be compared to any other happiness of the
world.  Again Sri Bhagavan says in Atma Vidya Kirtanam, 'idhuve inbath thaaname...' This is only the place
of inbam, the place of inbam or Anandam.

Thus the Self is three in one. It is Existence, Reality, and is Treasure of  Knowledge and It is the Bliss that cannot
be compared to any happiness that is from the world.  The Self is only one but the Knowledge and Bliss are features
of It.

Arunachala Siva.