Author Topic: Confusion between views of Ramana and Other self realized  (Read 1644 times)

Aavishkar Katti

• View Profile
Confusion between views of Ramana and Other self realized
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »
I had posted this in General topics but didn't get a reply.I am new to this forum and so I hope this is the right place to post this.I have read Be as you are and after reading that and some posts on this forum,I got some questions which are :

I have noticed that there are many contradictions between the sayings of saints and their view regarding spirituality.
1)Sri Aurobindo disregarded Ramana Maharishi's path and said it was "partial realization".He did not allow anyone to go to Ramanaashram.But again,Aurobindo has also said Ramana to be "Hercules of spirituality".

After reading Ramana's philosophy of Advaita,I gather that every self realized person speaks the Lord's language as he does not have his sankalpa,then I would like to ask humbly that how does Aurobindo differ with Ramana if Aurobindo is also self realized?
2)Ramakrishna Paramhansa categorizes the people into jivakoti(ordinary mortals) and ishwarkoti(the ever-perfect).He says that jivakoti cannot come down once (kevala) Nirvikalpa Samadhi is reached.He gives up his body in 21 day.Only Ishwarkoti can come down for work for humans and their upliftments.
Whereas Ramana says that even repeated kevala  nirvikalpa samadhi cannot give mukti if sahaja samadhi is not reached and person has to come out of nirvikalpa samadhi due to his prarabdha until he is continuosly in the natural state of nirvikalpa samadhi even when doing world work.(sahaja).
How to reconcile these two opinions of both the great sages?

Why do two self realized people say things so varying in their meaning and who is right in both the points 1 and 2.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
Re: Confusion between views of Ramana and Other self realized
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:49:09 PM »
different bodies have different experiences and relate those experiences in their own way
pretty simple
if you want the truth of the matter you will not find it any of their words
words only point
truth is found in SELF investigation ... not investigation of gurus
it doesnt matter what someone else did or does or what they said
it only matters that YOU look inside YOURSELF
was ramana self realized ? ... it doesnt matter
was some other guru self realized ? ...  it doesnt matter
its about YOU and your own SELF investigation
SELF ........ investigation
if you are looking for the right path to follow .. stop ... and see who it is really that wants to follow a path
stop .. and see what it is that has no path and requires no path
stop ... and see who YOU really are ... not who some guru is or was
investigate YOURSELF
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »
Quote from Sri Beloved Abstract:
“if you are looking for the right path to follow .. stop ... and see who it is really that wants to follow a path
stop .. and see what it is that has no path and requires no path
stop ... and see who YOU really are ... not who some guru is or was
investigate YOURSELF”

Yes, that, in my view, is a wonderful response. I would like only to add that one must have faith, in the heart, for the efficacy of the profound path of Self-Enquiry, as taught by Sri Bhagwan, and see first through Enquiry who one really is. Then if there is still a need, one may go on comparing the realisation and teachings of different gurus. Is it not futile to seek to measure the sky with a standard of measurement, say with the engineer’s chain which is 100 feet long? Likewise, it is beyond the transient ego-mind to seek to fathom the depth of a Jnani’s Realisation. Therefore, yes, first investigate yourself and see who you really are, and not who some guru is or was, as Sri Beloved Abstract  beautifully pointed out.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Aavishkar Katti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »
Thank You ,"Beloved Abstract" and mr. Anil for your kind and inspirational advice. One thing I realised after reading your replies is that one should concentrate on getting real experience and find out what is the truth. Ekam sat, viprah Budhah vadanti.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
Thank You ,"Beloved Abstract" and mr. Anil for your kind and inspirational advice. One thing I realised after reading your replies is that one should concentrate on getting real experience and find out what is the truth. Ekam sat, viprah Budhah vadanti.

Dear Aavishkar

Sri Ramana's views are totally different from that of Sri Aurobindo.

I was attracted to Sri Aurobindo for some time in the past before I came to Sri Ramana.  Now I have totally come unto the feet of holy Master Sri Ramana.

Sri Ramakrishna uses different terminologies and concepts though Thakur and Sri Ramana are of the same view of Vedanta and Ajata.

Masters will speak with originality.  They will not copy notes.

You cannot even find teachings of a Master directly even in scriptures.

Total surrender to one Master alone is essential.

Once boarded the train, you need not be concerned about the other destinations and routes.