Author Topic: Find out the birth place of the I thought.  (Read 1110 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Find out the birth place of the I thought.
« on: December 26, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »
Today I am evolving around this single most vital aspect of self enquiry.

Bhagavan asks all of us to find out the source or birth-place of this I thought.

In tamil he asks ,

உற்பத்தி ஸ்தானத்தை கண்டுபிடி

But what does this really mean?  How to find the source of I thought?

From where the I thought arises --    'where' means what do you mean by that term?  Is that a physical place this where points at?  If not,  'where' means what?

Bhagavan asks us to find out the source,  means put a open question on your own source.  From where did I really came out?  Don't answer ,  but put this open curious question?

But before finding the birth place or source of I thought,  you have one important home work to do.

That is ,  feel yourself as I completely,  meaning go deep within the feeling of I .  Because,  unless you feel yourself as intensely as you can,  with the intense feeling of I,  you cannot successfully ask ,  your own source.

Let us assume there is a big bundle from where lot of threads emerge.  The big bundle is like a stone but it is stuck up inside a black box which is connected to some other bigger object.

Suppose someone comes and ask you the source of the big bundle, what you will do?  You have to first trace the bundle ,  find it,  feel it in your hands and then from the thread connecting that bundle to the black box,  you can get some clue.

So feel the big bundle first,  then take up that thread and try to find the source from where this big bundle emerge.

From starting,  self enquiry has two aspects --  first feel yourself as intensely as you can,  then slowly ask from where did I emerge?  what is my origini என்னோட மூலம் எது ?

Krishnan

• View Profile
Re: Find out the birth place of the I thought.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Dear Devotee,

The breakdown of the questioning, as per my understanding occurs thus:

1. Asking where thoughts arise from, you may answer - the mind
2. Where is the mind arising from, you may answer - once the I thought has arisen
3. Then the tougher question to answer/experience is: Where is this I thought coming from?

As Bhagavan has said that it is not something to be intellectually realized, but that it is beyond intellect. In Zen Buddhism there is a term called Satori, which translates roughly into - comprehension or understanding. This occurs in a brief fleeting moment when so to speak - the puzzle pieces suddenly fit together and the understanding is complete. Repeated enquiry makes the possibility of this experience more likely, is what I feel.

And when this occurs, it is not that you suddenly realize the true nature, you become the true nature.

Pranams,
Krishnan

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Re: Find out the birth place of the I thought.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:09 PM »
Dear friends,
The concentration on the right side of the chest as a preliminary aid to practice should not be underestimated.
As  mentioned in Ullada Narpuda, finally the heart is recognized as the universal self.Till such time as the identification with the body is strong , concentration on the right side of the chest and looking for the source of thoughts there is a good practice.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand