Author Topic: Maha Deepam 2013 and my dull mind  (Read 1729 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Maha Deepam 2013 and my dull mind
« on: November 16, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »
Dear all,

Maha deepam will be lit on Sunday Nov 17th 2013.

This year I feel so powerless, so dull lacking devotion before sri Arunachala.

I am not having the enthusiasm,  I am seeing the big crowds for the festival in Vasanth TV and I feel a blank suddenly.

How shall I put it -- Deepam is a festival no doubt. But not like Diwali or Pongal.  It is a festival spiritually to clean our vasanas and bring us more close to Arunachala.

So I should be weeping in devotion during deepam light is lit.  I should be immersed in deep meditation and see Shiva in Heart during deepam.  When that is not happening I am depressed.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Maha Deepam 2013 and my dull mind
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:20 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

If you shed tears while watching Maha Deepam, it should definitely be tears of joy and bliss.  No one can weep unless he is
moved emotionally for positive reasons.  That is, in fact, the grace rushing towards you from Sri Bhagavan and Arunachala.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

If you shed tears while watching Maha Deepam, it should definitely be tears of joy and bliss.  No one can weep unless he is
moved emotionally for positive reasons.  That is, in fact, the grace rushing towards you from Sri Bhagavan and Arunachala.

Arunachala Siva.

Thanks Sir for your deeply moving words of strength and console.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »
Dear Ksksat,

I understand that the deepam fest is over & my response is too late however the feeling which u had or having is a normal phenomenon. It also happens with me at times especially when I am angry with something or if I do any mistake, I avoid thinking of Arunachala coz of the guilt. After some time eventually when I start thinking about him I realize what I have missed all these days.

So I feel when we are not having the devotion which we used to have, we should not try too hard coz it will even make us to feel worst. Just give some time & then follow your heart. I am sure were ever we go, after some time we have to come back to our sweet home which is Arunachala!

It is just a momentary feeling & we being devotees of Arunachala even if we get busy or sloth at times, he would not leave his beloved devotees that is why he is also known as Sevakavartakah (he who is devoted to his votaries)

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:58:50 PM by Vinod »

drbalajipsy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:37:39 AM »
Everything has Ups & Downs - and so does our feelings of Bhakti.

Over a period of time, it will become more steady.