Author Topic: Maha Deepam - Nov. 2013:  (Read 1598 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Maha Deepam - Nov. 2013:
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:19:19 AM »

Since it would have been difficult for getting asramam room accommodation on the Mahadeepam Day, I sought permission
for 19th to 22nd Nov. which I got.  After celebrating Kartigai Deepm festival at home on 17th and after watching the Deepam
in the Webcam, we proceeded on the morning of 19th and stayed there for four days.  We returned last night. 

The Asramam looks very new with Mahakumbhahikshekam, with neatly painted premises and towers. We reached at 10.15
am on 19th and got the room key in Morvi Guest House, M 9 and after dumping our suitcases, rushed to see Matrubhuteswara
Lingam and Yogamba and then Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam.  We then stayed there for some time and joined the lunch
and after lunch returned to the room.  We then went around 3 pm and read Ribu Gita (Ch. 2 and 3 for day 1, Ch. 4 and 5 for
day 2 and Ch. 6 and 7 for day 3.)  Then we listened to Book Reading, Bhagavad Vachanamrutam in Tamizh (Talks in Tamizh)
and Day by Day with Bhagavan in English.  On the first afternoon it was Words of Grace, final portion. 

Then came the special occasion.  Devotees sat on the outer portal in front of the two temples and started chanting Sri
Arunachala Akshara Mana Maalai from 5.50 pm.  Looking at the Hill simultaneously. At around 6 PM the Mahadeepam on
the summit became visible.  All the devotees became enthralled.  We finished the chanting looking at the Deepam.
Then the evening Arti and Tamizh parayana took place.  The first day it was Upadesa Undiyar and Ulladu Narpadu with
Suppment.  The second day it was Devikalottaram, Appala Pattu, Atma Vidya Kirtanam and Ekatma Panchakam.  The third
day it was Atma Sakshat Prakaranam and Bhagavad Gita Saram.

On all the three evenings we could see the Light on the summit by 6.00 to 6.20 pm.

It was very satisfactory trip and we had good darshan of Sri Bhagavan and Maha Deepam.

Arunachala Siva.     

latha

• View Profile
Re: Maha Deepam - Nov. 2013:
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
Dear Subramaniamji,

Your trip sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing your experience. It must have been divine to chant Aksharamanamalai and see the deepam on the hill!

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
Dear latha and others,

I have forgot to mention a couple of things in the post.  The statue of Sri Bhagavan behind the Ramaneswara Mahalingam has
been gold plated since the stone idol cannot withstand the seasonal variations.  The gold plate would protect the stone idol
for a long number of years.

Secondly, the last day of my stay, (Friday) was a punarvasu star day.  So there were elaborate pujas after abhishekam and
alankaram.  The lingam was as usual covered with golden casket.  Even otherwise on the other days, it is covered with a
silver casket for the reasons already mentioned above.  On that day, more than 500 devotees had food with sweet pongal,
vada and the usual courses of sambar, rasam and buttermilk.

On Friday since we had to start immediately after lunch, we could not listen to Ribhu Gita, and book reading.

In all it was a pleasant trip with a lot of good memories. I purchased Tirusoolapuri (Tiruchuzhi) Mahatmyam and also
the recently published English translation of the entire Ulladu Narpadu, which was serialized in Mountain Path, for
the past five years.

Arunachala Siva.   

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:50:30 AM »
Dear Subramaniamji,

Good to know about your trip & seems to be well organized one, with proper schedule. I need to plan such way for the next time.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!