Author Topic: Breakfast time with Bhagavan Sri Ramana  (Read 1268 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Breakfast time with Bhagavan Sri Ramana
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:48:06 AM »
This may look strange to some but somehow I feel Bhagavan's grace more manifesting and his presence more felt from the time morning 7 AM to 9 AM when I take breakfast and coffee in my office.

Bhagavan Sri Ramana when in body had promoted the habit of taking timely breakfast (with or without coffee is devotee's choice)

The fresh morning breeze,  the Maharshiee's bright face,  the scenes of veda parayana,  the grace imbibed prasad like breakfast with coffee, everything makes the environment very auspicious everyday for me .

Reading couple of extracts from Maharishee's Gospel and Talks further refreshes the air around and the effect is carried forward throughout the day.

The next timings where I feel his grace is afternoon 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM when Ribhu Gita chanting is visualized in the new hall.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

deepa

• View Profile
Re: Breakfast time with Bhagavan Sri Ramana
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »
Krishnanji
As Bhagawan said, grace is always there. But maybe we shut the door to grace when distracted with worldly matters.
Maybe in the morning, the door is atleast a bit open :)

It will be nice to have continuous grasp of the grace.. like "ajya dharaya" - the steady flow of ghee. However, I am thankful that atleast grace is coming in spurts a few times a day now rather than being completely dry like earlier.
Deepa

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:59:17 AM »
Krishnanji
As Bhagawan said, grace is always there. But maybe we shut the door to grace when distracted with worldly matters.
Maybe in the morning, the door is atleast a bit open :)

It will be nice to have continuous grasp of the grace.. like "ajya dharaya" - the steady flow of ghee. However, I am thankful that atleast grace is coming in spurts a few times a day now rather than being completely dry like earlier.
Deepa

Dear Deepa

Nice observations from you.

Also I recollect how your advaita saint told that the states of bliss and depression are mere mental states of the ego and so are not real.

Sadhana brings more strain to my nerves and more mental & bodily issues.  But somehow deep inside my heart some intuition keeps on saying that these are purificatory stages and all going to be well soon.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 05:30:52 AM »
Dear Krishnan and deepa,

I had the opportunity of visiting the Asramam on 19th,20th,21st and 22nd.  I could have all that you have posted.
I had breakfast at 7.00 am. I saw Sri Bhagavan's photo before reaching the dining hall in the first room and told Him:
'Now, you are giving bhiksha and I am taking it.'  Then I had the listening of Ribhu Gita at 3.00 p,m, followed by book
reading and one special opportunity at 5.50 pm.  I shall describe all these in my separate post.

Arunachala Siva.

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 04:01:26 AM »

Also I recollect how your advaita saint told that the states of bliss and depression are mere mental states of the ego and so are not real.

Sadhana brings more strain to my nerves and more mental & bodily issues.  But somehow deep inside my heart some intuition keeps on saying that these are purificatory stages and all going to be well soon.

Yes, my guru seems to be a personification of Bhagawan. His answers seem like Bhagawan's answers to me :)

He says we just need to continue "awareness" and "surrender" - do not ruminate if you find yourself doing wrong things - just observe and move on. Similarly, not focus on any experiences during meditation - they may be happening due to sub-conscious thoughts and will come and go. For e.g, 2 weeks back, I felt like being stretched in space during meditation and observing all planets :) It felt like progress but was probably an impact of watching the movie "Gravity"!!

I think we will know when the samadhi state comes.. everything else is temporary and an illusion as Bhagawan also states.
I am just fortunate that I have a guru who resolves these and puts me back on right path with total compassion and no judgments at all.