Author Topic: Siddhis  (Read 1493 times)

Jyoti

• View Profile
Siddhis
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:38:15 AM »
What exactly are Siddhis, how to People get them and is it true that having them is a hindrance to spiritual progress?
Is it true that Ganapati Muni had Siddhis and used them?

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Siddhis
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:59:44 AM »
What exactly are Siddhis, how to People get them and is it true that having them is a hindrance to spiritual progress?
Is it true that Ganapati Muni had Siddhis and used them?
Ganapati Muni had lot of siddhis.

He can control our whole life energy and bestow health/disease to a person.

He had great austerities done so he had the fortune of his words coming true.

So people were afraid of his curse.   But generally he never cursed anybody and the only incident when he was about to curse, he was prevented from his wife.

But I dont think he displayed siddhis for personal use at any time.

In reality,  if a sadhaka or even a sinner approached Ganaputi Muni with some humility and asked for a solution,  Ganaputi Muni was very much liberal in granting some genuinue solace.

He should have been easily approachable,  few people made good use of him like Viswanatha swami, Krishna Bhikshu and N R Krishnamurthy aiyer.

all of these people got benefitted by Ganapati Muni.

Had I been in that era, I would have prostrated to Ganapati Muni and would have got rid of some bad vasanas by openly speaking about my problems to him.

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:41:29 PM »
Is it true that Ganapati Muni once cursed city Nasik whereupon it was destroyed?
I read about this here:
What he did have was extraordinary mental abilities that enabled him to manifest powers in the area of supernormal perceptual states known as Siddhis. So great was abilities it has been reported he could bring down or stop the rains. He could destroy a whole town. Once when he was harassed during his stay in the city of Nasik he cursed that the whole city should be destroyed. Soon the whole city was destroyed through the dreaded disease of plague.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 05:44:07 AM »
Dear Jyoti,

No doubt Ganapati Muni had a lot of siddhic powers. Once he cursed and Tiruvannamalai Car during the festival did not
move. But these powers, according to Sri  Bhagavan are only like dreams. It lasts for some time and then disappears.
Again siddhis divert the mind and thus are an obstruction to self inquiry where the mind has to merge with the Self.
So also mantras and pujas.

Arunachala Siva.