Author Topic: How can we explain or describe?  (Read 3095 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
How can we explain or describe?
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
Dear All,

I am planning to visit Tiru for this festival & decided to stay for few days there. Last time when I visited was for Shivaraatri & I am going now, which is a very long time for me. I am also fortunate to get leave for 6 days this time.

Now the point which I am making here is, when my peers asked me to describe it or where I am going, I am facing lot of difficulty to explain it. What should I say

Is it a temple?
Is it a place to get more light on self realization?
Is it a place where we offer puja?
Is it a ashram, to practice meditation for so many days?
Is it a place to cleanse our sins & get closer to moksha?
Is it a only place where Shiva himself is present all the times?
Is it a place where we forget the world & just be the self  being absorbed in our ever pardoning bhola Shankara?

Its very hard to say in one word when so many people ask us about it. We all know something about the supreme almighty and still we will be in no position to answer or describe about it. I cant even describe it as a temple, as I never considered it as a temple since it has offered me a lot more than a normal temple which I have been visiting from my birth.

Did u ever face this kind of strange situation or confusion?

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Vinod

• View Profile
Re: How can we explain or describe?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:42:10 PM »
On a lighter note, my close buddy suspects that either I may be having an affair or I may turn to sadhu one day due to my frequent visit to this holy land.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »
Dear Vinod,

I think many of experience this kind of situation. In my case it is little different,because I don't visit any Temple for some longer period of time. But,still,there are always questions,why you dont do this,why this or that,what.s for pictures of Bhagavan,etc. And,indeed,it is hard to explain,especially when it is not truly explainable,and should be kept like secret.
That's why,i never explain,i just say,i know the reason,and that's it. But,if I for instance need to come to India,i would need to explain in some way. I still don't think about it,i somehow hope all will be clear when that moment come.
Your situation is different,because You need and must say the reason naturally,because You will be absent from work. I am not sure,but I feel it is best to say what You feel like right and true. But less people know,the better.

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »
Dear Vinod,

I saw yesterday that I actually missed subject completely. ;D

Regarding Your true thoughts about this,i did faced similar dilema many,many times. But it is little different. When I wish to say something about Reality,or our Father,i simply stay mute. Like I actually don.t even know what to say. I guess that is a good thing,because silence is always better then any words,for so much reasons.

Sorry,for not getting the question right away.

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »
Dear Vinod,

It is an Asramam where a great Brahma Jnani lived for more than three decades and where He is living even today.
It is not a temple in the truest sense, but it is more than a temple because whatever good wishes we make to the
Lingam on the Samadhi get fulfilled.  Sri Bhagavan is a Jnani who conferred liberation to His Mother and built a temple
for her and also He conferred liberation even to a cow, a deer and a dog.  This is something unheard of in recent times.

Many people who came to Him lived with Him throughout His life and also even after He had shed His mortal coil.  They allo
attained Mukti and their samadhis are also there inside and outside the Asramam.

The Hill and Sri Bhagavan are both Siva swarupams. 

Arunachala Siva.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:37 PM »
Dear Vinodji,

Matha, Pitha, Guru, Deivam rolled into one is still not a complete description. Yes, words are not sufficient to describe perfection - it has to be experienced not described.  It occurred to me that experience is our Self. I have been longing to go to Arunchalam, thanks Vinodji for your question, Bhagavan has taught me where the real Arunchala is.

I heard Sri Nochurji in one of his discourses say that Atma gives the discourse through him and the same Atma listens through the listeners. Whatever way we try to describe the effect of Arunchala and Bhagavan on us, the message will reach the listener. When the time is right for them they will act on the call from the Self.

And of course we look completely crazy to the worldly people :)

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
Dear Jewell & Latha Ji

Totally agreed, there are few things in this world which cannot be explained & it has to be experienced, only then a person can be realized about it. In my maiden visit I remember, my friend Santosh did not explain much about it & just took me assuring that it will be special for me. May be if he would have told me that its just a spiritual place like any other place, I would have skipped it since I was not much in to spirituality then. That suspense has made me enthusiastic to go there & after visiting & experiencing it for so many years, still I am Insatiable & can only feel it but cannot express it to others.

Dear Subramanian Ji

I wonder with out our master, this place would have been just like any other shiva sthalams & his teachings are so simple that, it even attracts people of my & future generation, who are not much into it. No doubt he will take care of us & guide us to our destiny accordingly like he has helped others.

Well I am very excited to go this time as I have missed it last time. I remember I was getting ready to office, all of a sudden my mother called me & asked me to watch TV for few sec's & I was fortunate enough to see the beacon lit on the hill. Its a strange situation, since my mom doesnt know about that channel, all of a sudden I dont know how she kept it & shown it to me at the correct time, which is very surprising for me even now. I felt so happy that Arunachala is still with me even in my busy sched.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 01:26:39 AM »
Here is a link I found of the Arunachala deepam 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA2vfqgUjtg

Can the deepam be seen in the live web cam shot at any point?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:40 AM »
Dear latha,

Maha Deepam can be seen 'alive' at the point of it being lighted on the summit, say at about 6.00 pm. on Sunday, in the webcam.
If one goes to Tiruvannamalai, one can see the deepam burning for about 6 to 7 days thereafter.  One can see it clearly only in
the late evening, since during daytime, the sunlight prevents it from being seen.

Arunachala Siva.   

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:42 AM »
Dear Subramaniamji,

Thank you for the info. I am very happy  to be able to see Arunachala live and seeing the deepam will be really special.

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:56 AM »
When I wish to say something about Reality,or our Father,i simply stay mute. Like I actually don.t even know what to say. I guess that is a good thing,because silence is always better then any words,for so much reasons.

I agree with Jewellji. Sometimes, when we verbalize what we feel for Bhagawan (or for any Guru), I think it makes it more mundane for me - it seems to diminish the bhakthi we feel. It is impossible to describe and also no matter what you say, will not help others understand.
So, let them continue to think you're having an affair :) you know, it is an eternal affair with Self in the form of Bhagawan.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
KARTHIGAI DEEPAM FEST 2013`!(17/11/13)
OM ARUNACHALESHWARAR NAMAHA!!!
Day:sunday
Date:17/11/13
Timing :Evening (4:30pm-6:00pm)
online live stream of Thiruvannamalai MAHA DEEPAM-2013

http://www.turbotv.in/dd-podhigai-live/
http://vasanth.tv/livetv.php
http://www.dinamalar.com/thiruvannamalai_live_video.asp
http://www.svbcttd.com/
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

parapara

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 07:21:40 AM »
Hari Om!

Even though I have not visited Arunachala, know not much about the place. But some sort of energy is pulling me towards it. I have realized that Arunachala is my source and I have to return there one day.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
Dear Friends,
I happened to notice this description  in The five hymns to Arunachala and it reminded of this thread.

13. Omgara porul oppu uyar villoy,
     Unai yaar arivaar , Arunachala.                                         

Import of AUM, unequalled, unsurpassed, who can understand you, O Arunachala?

The mystic syllable is all-inclusive and all-transcendent. It includes apparent evil, which we can overcome only with the help of this mysterious Power, AUM. The meaning and power of AUM cannot be explained in words or conceived by the mind. It can only be experienced as the bliss of Being in full identity with the Self. The meaning of AUM is the same as Arunachala, the Self, I AM, pure Being.