Author Topic: how do you develop devotion to Lord Arunachala  (Read 2731 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
how do you develop devotion to Lord Arunachala
« on: November 06, 2013, 05:01:23 AM »
Dear all

I always feel that my devotion to Lord Arunachala must be enhanced.

I try to do this by reading Devaram and Thiruvasagam visualizing our Lord Arunachala Shiva as being present in the temples being sung in those great works.

I would like to know how you worship Lord Arunachala daily.

Any small slokas on Arunachala Shiva -- do you keep?

Please elaborate your mode of devotion to Lord Arunachala.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: how do you develop devotion to Lord Arunachala
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:34:29 AM »
Best is daily chanting of Arunachala Stuti Panchakam or just Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai of Bhagavan Ramana .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

It would progressively enhance in course of time, provided you chant His works daily, with sraddha.

Arunachala Siva.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:48:57 AM »
Dear Krishnanji,

I started with a lot of devotion for Bhagavan and started chanting Aksharamanamalai. My devotion for Arunachala seemed to come automatically. Now I find both images equally powerful and repeating both names are helpful to calm myself.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21:59 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

It would progressively enhance in course of time, provided you chant His works daily, with sraddha.

Arunachala Siva.

Dear sir,

I chant Akshara Manamalai using both CD versions -- one from Ramana Amudham by RMCL version and another the traditional tamil parayana version.

I play and repeat the verses every 2 days once and also chant some extracts after taking bath while lighting incense.

But sometimes I feel a void and blank and a frustration while chanting arunachala shiva mantra.  Only off late I am getting this feeling.  But I carry on the devotion. Let us pray that Arunachala Shiva bestows his grace on me.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:45:04 AM »
Dear Krishnanji,

I started with a lot of devotion for Bhagavan and started chanting Aksharamanamalai. My devotion for Arunachala seemed to come automatically. Now I find both images equally powerful and repeating both names are helpful to calm myself.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Thanks Latha and Atmavichar sir.

Even my case was earlier I had tremendous peace. but suddenly I lost that.  i do arunachala shiva japa a lot in free times even if getting peace or not.

it is a bit like this -- first i feel there is no devotion and write here,  when you all point out your methods my mind says like 'yes yes I also do all this practices'  :) :) always i feel i lack it  :)

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:03:28 PM »
Very interesting topic!

I bookmarked the Arunachala live webpage in my phone, so most of the times I get up looking @ the live pic & also listen to the Aksharamanamala.

In office when ever I have time,  I look at the images of the hill which are available in the web, Esp the high resolution pics which are shared through the link in this forum.

When ever I am happy or sad I always take the name of Arunachaleshwara, thanking him or pleading him.

These are my simple but effective practices

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 03:37:18 AM »
Very interesting topic!

I bookmarked the Arunachala live webpage in my phone, so most of the times I get up looking @ the live pic & also listen to the Aksharamanamala.

In office when ever I have time,  I look at the images of the hill which are available in the web, Esp the high resolution pics which are shared through the link in this forum.

When ever I am happy or sad I always take the name of Arunachaleshwara, thanking him or pleading him.

These are my simple but effective practices

Dear vinod

I do all the above in a different manner slightly.  but more or less same modes.

one thing i could not win over is this:

sometimes this creates a frustration feeling, a strange feeling of boredom mixed with doubt.  This feeling never lasts longer and I continue arunachala shiva japa but it comes sometimes.  please advise on this.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
Dear Ksksat,

Its very natural human behavior that, when ever we initiate something after some time we tend to get bored or doubt its impact on us.

We all love Arunachala more than any thing in this world & if we plan for a month visit to Arunachalam, initial few days will be very interesting and gradually we may not have the same attraction even though we have the same love & respect all the times.

These feelings are very natural in spirituality or anything in the world, so in order to overcome the feeling of boredom or frustration I adopt different practices like Singing the arunachala shiva song inside or watch the pic's of Arunachala or read some thing about Arunachala or talk to some one about Arunachala. So the bottom line is I dont stick to the same practice and ensure that he is always inside me in some way or the other, which is also a part of sadhana. Me being a Gemini, change is always constant in me & I get bored with things quickly and with different practices I will never give the chance of boredom to creep in.

My advice is try different things but never let boredom or frustration to creep in at any stage coz finally we have to go to him even if we are bored.