Author Topic: Concentration on the source of the I thought.  (Read 1078 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Concentration on the source of the I thought.
« on: October 26, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »
Dear friends,
Whenever I try to focus on the perceived source of the ego, my face seems to become slightly contorted.
Sometimes it becomes apparent and noticeable to relations/friends nearby , thus defeating  the recommended method of practising unobtrusively .There is some mistake in how am going about this particular practice perhaps.
Can someone advise me on this.
Thanks,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Concentration on the source of the I thought.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
Dear Sri Anand,

I cannot say are You doing anything wrong,through that what You have said,because i am not sure on what exactly You are focusing. When saying source of i thought,and source of ego,i supose You mean focusing on Yourself. That is most important,to focus on the one who is trying to focus in the first place. Who is the one who is focusing on everything? Who are You?

These kind of things are not so strange in the beginning,and it is because we use effort to turn our attention to ourselves. Try to do Your practice in the best way You can,and don't pay much attention on that,unless it becomes strain. Then You can rest,and continue when You are fresh again. In the mean time You can use all other things You find interesting and helpful,like listening to some bhajans,repetaing some mantra You chose. All that will help with selfenquiry. Even,mantra or japa can be effective in the same way,but only if we are completely focused and thinking about the words we are saying. Only if we get into something with our whole mind and heart,to be completely absorbed.

The most important thing is to always bring attention on Yourself,and what i think is,it is not so important how You are doing it,coz we all are learning on the way,but most important thing is effort and sincere wish to do it. I feel it this way. Coz that earnestness,will bring us on the righ track itself. So,You just give Your best. Try to catch Yourself in all possible ways.

Also,listen to Your own being and heart,what they tell You,and do that practice which You feel You should do,and which feels most natural. When You feel tired You rest,and be gentle to Yourself.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:00:11 PM by Jewell »

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Concentration on the source of the I thought.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:27 PM »
Dear friends,
Whenever I try to focus on the perceived source of the ego, my face seems to become slightly contorted.
Sometimes it becomes apparent and noticeable to relations/friends nearby , thus defeating  the recommended method of practising unobtrusively .There is some mistake in how am going about this particular practice perhaps.
Can someone advise me on this.
Thanks,
Anand Sundaram.

I dont think there is a mistake.  When ego is doing sadhana,  it is like some treatment,  the expression on face will have some effect.

off late i had a similar problem which my grand mother noticed.  suddenly my face will become one of showing frustration added with a frurstrated smile .   She asked straight away what is this expression.

you cannot help it,  there is no criteria to do it unnoticeable.

i think these relatives and friends would have already branded people like you and me as slightly mad  :)  :) just kidding  :)