Author Topic: Sadhana seems to bring out a lot of vasana  (Read 1666 times)

latha

• View Profile
Sadhana seems to bring out a lot of vasana
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »
Dear Friends,

I feel blessed to have such a strong attraction to Bhagavan and Arunachala. I am trying to do self enquiry, love to read about Bhagavan's devotees and contemplate on his teachings. But there are instances when out of the blue, I get a strong desire to eat sweets or watch a movie or get very angry at some situation and lose my balance. It is like the sadhana has made the negative tendencies more intense. I pray to Bhagavan and try to get back to my sadhana. But my mind gets very agitated and it takes a while to calm down.

Have any of you experienced this? Sometimes I feel my sadhana is just making me crazier and completely unrelatable with the people around me :) But one look at Bhagavan's picture makes it all worthwhile.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sadhana seems to bring out a lot of vasana
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:03:40 AM »
Dear latha,

Yes. As you proceed along self inquiry, a lot of hidden vasanas would come out.  That way it is a cleansing process.

Arunachala Siva. 

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »
Dear lathaji,

I think everything You mentioned is absolutely natural,like Sri Subramanian said. It is only mind fighting,so to say,wants our attention,and trying to seduce us in all possible ways. To me,it is always most helpful not to try to suppress these thoughts,or impulses,but to embrace them in a way. That also doesn't mean to let them control us,but just to let them be,with constant awareness what is going on,and deepest analizis when and how i start reacting in such a way. Also to become witness of all this happening in the mind. But when some emotion is very strong,that is much easier to say then to do.  :) So i just let it be,knowing it will pass,and knowing it is just the mind play,just the thoughts and nothing more. Like i said,i even embrace it,get completely into that feeling,whatever it my be. And it always work. If that is for some comfort,i lose my balance all the time.  ;D But,i also must say,that with time,that grip of the mind,is much much lesser,and i am able to recognize it when ever it comes,before it can take shape outwardly,to make me act in this or that way.

About craziness,i also must agree. Sometimes i feel like this.  :o But,what to do,looking all around me,we all are,so... Ego and mind are all about craziness and insanity. There are indeed some strange happenings in us with sadhana,and so many changes,and phases,but it is good to know that all this is only the mind,and complete wakefulness and awareness is always very helpful to me.

With love and prayers,

JoeM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
But there are instances when out of the blue, I get a strong desire to eat sweets or watch a movie or get very angry at some situation and lose my balance. It is like the sadhana has made the negative tendencies more intense. I pray to Bhagavan and try to get back to my sadhana. But my mind gets very agitated and it takes a while to calm down.

"2. You can remember your anger afterwards. So you must have perceived the anger
yourself. As perceiver, you can never be affected by the anger. So you were never
angry." - Pg 192 of Notes on Spiritual Discourses of Shri Atmananda

I guess Bhagavan would have probably said 'Find "that" perceiver'.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your responses. There are instances where the mind tells stories about being unworthy but Bhagavan's grace is more powerful. I trust Bhagavan will guide through these hurdles.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya