Author Topic: Clarification on self enquiry obtained by Chadwick from Bhagavan  (Read 1225 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Dear colleagues,
Quote from " A Sadhu's Reminescences of Ramana Maharshi" by Sadhu Arunachala-A.W.Chadwick.
Quote "That everything is in the mind and that the mind itself is only a passing phenomenon was continually stressed by Bhagavan."Who is the one behind the mind " he would ask repeatedly."Find that one and the mind itself will disappear".To do this one must repeatedly seek out the source of the "i" by the enquiry who am I?.
This process has often been misunderstood,though actuallly Bhagavan;s teaching is quite clear.
In this search one is not to search from some transcendental "I absolute " but for the ego itself and the point where it rises.
Find this and the ego drops away and one then knows that there is nothing but the self."Unquote.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
Re: Clarification on self enquiry obtained by Chadwick from Bhagavan
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:57:47 PM »
15 times .... ha ha ha   :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:27:58 PM »
Chadwick continued.
Quote.
It is like following a stream to its source through the hills,and when one has reached that point whence it arises the stream itself will no longer exist.Source,mind,ego are one and the same and cannot exist apart from each other.
Unquote.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram
Sundaram Anand

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »
Additional pointers obtained by Chadwick from Bhagavan.
quote.
Bhagavan said that the mind was like a monkey,never still for one second,it was an almost hopeless task to try and quieten it;the best thing was to give it productive employment  and not allow it to fritter itself away  bulding endless pictures.
Let it concentrate on "Who am I" and then there will no room for any other thought.It is like using a thorn to extract a thorn from the foot.
Unquote.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand