Author Topic: Hrudaya Kuhara Madhye ( Shloka composed by Bhagavan ) - Sung by MS Subbalakshmi  (Read 3329 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
MS Subbulakshmi was the first musician ever to be awarded the Bharat Ratna.Today i.e Mon 16 Sept 2013 is her 97th Birthday and so in tribute to her sharing this small piece of shloka "Hrudaya Kuhara Madhye" that was composed by Bhagavan Ramana in 1915 . There is a tamil version following this sasnkrit version and I do not know much about it .If anyone can elaborate more about this shloka I will be happy .

Hrudaya Kuhara Madhye - Sung by MS Subbalakshmi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdjOVztkjOs

This sloka arose in the following circumstances: In 1915, the Maharshi spent the rainy season at Skandasramam. One day Jagadeesa Sastry, sat with a paper in his hand which the Maharshi noticed and enquired about. Sastry said "I have commenced writing a sloka. I could compose only the first phrase but could not go any further' Bhagavan took up the paper containing the phrase "Hridaya kuhara madhye' (In the interior of the Heart cave). Thereupon he completed the sloka.

Sri Ramana Gita appears to be a commentary on the sloka "Hridaya kuhara madhye".

Sanskrit Shloka :

Hridaya Kuhara Madhye Kevalam BrahmaMaatram

Hyahamahamiti Saakshaat Aatma Rupenena Bhati

Hridi Visha Manasa Svam Chinvata Majjata Va

Pavanachalana Rodhat Aatmanishto Bhavatvam

Meaning :

Brahman is glowing lustrously in the middle of the cave

of the Heart in the shape of the Self, always proclaiming

‘I am, I am’. Become an Atmanishta, a Self-realised person,

either by making the mind absorbed in the search of the

Self or by making the mind drown itself through control

of the breath.

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Atmavichar100,

Yes  This verse is the Core of Sri Bhagavan's teachings.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear Atmavichar100,

Yes  This verse is the Core of Sri Bhagavan's teachings.

Arunachala Siva.

dear Sir,

In a DVD having the interview of Bhagavan disciples like Kunju Swami etc.  there is also few other songs of Ramana sung by MS that was run for few minutes in between the video slides during the photo slideshow.  Do you know where one can get the full songs of MS on the works of Ramana Maharishee.