Author Topic: Theosophy and the Perennial Religion  (Read 2127 times)

right2be

• View Profile
Theosophy and the Perennial Religion
« on: September 12, 2013, 04:53:03 AM »
Hello Brothers,

I recently stumbled across some interesting information which i would like to get your views on.

I am sure many of you have an idea of what Theosophy is, if not, here is a wikipedia page for some information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophy.

Now i must bring up a person with the name Alice Bailey. She was the founder of Lucis Trust formerly knows as Lucifer Publishing Company. Funny enough, she was the member of the Theosophical society. She is highly involved in the New World Order who believe a global holocaust as part of gods plan in depopulation.

Now this brings me to Sri Yukteswar, he was the guru of Paramahansa Yogananda. Sri Yukteswar was also an honorary member of the Theosophical society in India.

Now looking at somebody like Alice bailey who was a member of the theosophical society and surprisingly somebody like Sri Yukteswar directly related to Yogananda. This relation to me is extremely odd but in a way after reading about Alice Bailey does make some sense when looking at knowledge she has gained. Plus, in this world, stranger things have happened.

I have recently read autobiography of a yogi from someone who recommended it, also on my own initiative "essence of the bhagavad gita as explained by yogananda and told by his disciple" and found them very interesting, however it does occur to me that yogananda does tend to focus on the physical side and astral side of things just as much as spiritual, whereas Ramana maharshi is mainly a one pointedness teaching of going straight to the self, and all else has no meaning. Also Yogananda's disciple explaining the bhagavad gita on behalf of Yogananda at some points even seems very opinionated, and even explained a story of Yogananda's meeting with a hollywood celebrity (not attaching a name) but after the end of the meeting Yogananda stated "she is the devil". This to me is something i believe somebody like Sri Ramana would never say. The reason i am bringing this up is that i feel as though, Sri Yukteswar, Yogananda aside from self realisation also have another agenda in mind and gives me a little bit of a dark feeling. Now on the other hand i feel as much more than ever now when i think about teachers such as Sri Ramana or Sri Nissargadatta, they only want us to return back to the self and have no alternative motive or agenda, you do not have to be initiated or go up some sort of rank which i feel is ludicrous in self realisation as though its having this limit set on it which you gain levels like a computer game and level 50 is self realisation or like an army which you have ranks and not short of an organisation or something along the lines of that. With Sri Ramana Maharshi and Sri Nissargadatta I get feelings of wholesomeness and pureness, like they have no plan, no intention, no plan or reason for sharing their knowledge except for the one simplest of goals is you can even call it that, which is to return to the self. I feel as though in a world of many many gurus, swamis, teachers past and present, the modern day teachers of Sri Ramana, Sri Nissargadatta and their teachings are the only ones really worth pursuing. This being said i am sure there are others similar however have not yet been brought to my attention.

I would like to know what the thoughts of some of the people in this forum are.

P.S Now i know with everything i have just written, there may be a chance these comments spark an outrage, i would like everybody to take into consideration that this is not my intention, i am not all knowing, i am still learning everyday, what i have written here may be ludicrous to me in some time to come or may stick with me, i don't know, what i do know is that much of this world still confuses me, i have no absolute knowledge and the only thing that makes sense to me is Sri Ramana Maharshi. I have written quite a lot so if there are any sections of comments which does not sit well with anyone, it may be a good idea to read some comments a second time as to not take things the wrong way because that can happen sometimes when a comment is received in a way it was not intended to be.

Peace and tranquility to all.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:20:21 AM by right2be »