Author Topic: Concurrent self enquiry  (Read 1228 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Concurrent self enquiry
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:02 PM »
Dear friends,
Self enquiry should be all compassing.It should be not form of part time activity as I have just begun to realise .One should not be afraid to interperse self enquiry with other activities.I have discovered   that if one is able to practice some form of self enquiry even in midst of work , then a peace prevails in all our activities.
In the last 1-2 days ,I practiced repeating Arunachala Siva and Om Namo Bhagavate in the midst of my activties whenever I got even a moments time.eg When leaving my  work place to have a glass  of water,or to answer the calll of nature  etc ,I tried to repeat above mantras and focus on the source of the mantra.
Sometimes I tried to repeat 'I',"I'.In fact N.A.Mohan RAo in his article mentioned else where in this forum ,has told that this can be extended to even one is involved in critical tasks since though the mind can think only of one thing at a time, it can be made to rapidly switch betweeen the task on hand and self enquiry.
Concurrent enquiry is the key thing .I would like friends here to share how else can we practice concurrent self enquiry .
Thanks and regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Concurrent self enquiry
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Ananda Sundaram,
You have discovered the Right spirit and attitude.Learn to depend on this intuitive knowledge.No need for any validation from 'others'.Just Practise this and it will lead you onwards.

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his.

Excerpt from Self Reliance-by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Namaskar.