Author Topic: Beware -- a new type of auto fraud in Bangalore  (Read 5178 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Beware -- a new type of auto fraud in Bangalore
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:33:32 AM »
Dear devotees,

Please beware of this type of fraud done by some auto drives in Bangalore.

On 28-Dec-2012 night,  I was starting from Bangalore to Trichy by night bus. 

The bus is KSRTC volvo and I booked the boarding point as KMF Chirst College (muneshwara temple).
I started from my home at Jayanagar to that KMF circle around 8:30 PM in the night.

The distance is only small and charge will be around Rs 30 only generally.   

I called many auto and all rejected to come to that place.  I was having heavy luggages. Finally one auto came and he told he will charge one and half.

He was wearing vibudhi and kumkum as if painted in his forehead.

The auto was unusually fast and I had an intuition that something we may lose in this trip.  I was keeping tight my pan card and other articles.  When desitination came,  the meter read Rs 50 which is definitely very high as i am a regular traveller i know that.
Also he stopped in a relatively dark place few yards away from the bustop.

But still,  i had to pay him Rs 75.  I asked him if he has change for Rs 100.  He said yes.  When i gave a 100 rupee note,  he told me that i had only given Rs 10 in darkness due to mistake,  He was adamant in demanding another 100 rupee note.

Soon another auto driver joined him as if pre-planned.   I sensed the dange of the situation if I futher protested ,  shelled out Rs 100 and walked as fast as I could carrying the heavy buggages and thinking of Ramana.

I went and stood in the bustand,  these 2 auto drivers were lauging at me and also they were still in that dark place smoking and discussing something.  Then they vanished from site.

Though I was sad that I lost Rs 100,   I consoled myself that Ramana Maharishee saved me from a greater danger ,  say what if they looted my whole purse that has pan card and other credit cards.

So,  next time,  please tender exact change to auto drivers.  If you dont have change,  use a torch light,  show him the amount in a loud voice and then only exchange.   Be very careful .  Other city people and foreigners who visit India.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Beware -- a new type of auto fraud in Bangalore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »
So,  next time,  please tender exact change to auto drivers.  If you dont have change,  use a torch light,  show him the amount in a loud voice and then only exchange.   Be very careful .  Other city people and foreigners who visit India.

Dear Kskat
It is not just in Bangalore , even in Chennai and other places these sort of things happen in very early morning or late night when there is poor visibility . I know of one lady who ended up giving Rs.500 instead of Rs.50/- .Best is for us to have exact change or better be bit magnanimous in giving a rounded figure to avoid the change problems i.e give Rs.50 instead of Rs.30 and Rs.100 instead of Rs.80/- .
It is good that u did not end up having your things robbed or stolen .Today apart from Jewels , Smart Phones , Laptops , High End Tablets ,Cameras ,Watches ,ATM /Credit Cards are also robbed /stolen . These happen not just in Bus standa but also in A/C Compartment in Trains and also in Domestic Flights with their Cabin luggage .Sometimes the culprits come as  co passengers or co passengers become culprits we do not know . So even A/C Compartment in Trains and Flights are no guarantee for absolute safety and we need to be careful at all places and also pray the almighty to enjoy a robbery free journey .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

abhilash.ayyagari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »
namaḥ sahamānāya nivyādhina āvyādhinīnāṁ pataye namo
namaḥ kakubhāya niṣaṅgiṇe stenānāṁ pataye namaḥ.

Prostration to the valiant Confronter of foes; the terrific Uprooter of the opposing forces, the Protector of the powers (of dharma) pressing from all sides; prostration to the Lord seated on the hump of the bull, armed with the sword, the Chief of (even) thieves (or stealer of everyone’s heart).

Note:—The appellation ‘Chief of thieves’ is to indicate the supreme immanence and the non-exclusiveness of the Divine Being.

namo niṣaṅgiṇa iṣudhimate taskarāṇāṁ pataye namo
namo vañcate parivañcate stāyūnāṁ pataye namo
namo nicerave paricarāyāraṇyānāṁ pataye namo.

Prostration to the Chief of robbers, to Him who is armed with quiver and arrows; prostration to the deceiving, the tricky and elusive Lord of marauders; prostration to the ever-cunning Leader of the thieves lurking at home and those wandering in the streets and the forests.

Note:—The Lord is adored as the Chief of thieves, etc., in two senses. Firstly, He is the indwelling presence of even the thieves, and their lives are impossible without His existence in them as their essence. Secondly, He is also the jiva, which is the thief, apart from His being Isvara ranging beyond the realm of the former. Also, the Lord it is that sports as the high and low, the good and the bad, the virtuous and the debased, when looked at from the standpoint of the universe taken as a whole, a view which is hard for the jiva sunk in personalistic cognitions and perceptions but the right vision of those who are absorbed in Reality. Ethical concepts stand transfigured in the Absolute. These mantras of the Veda are to help the seeker in recognising God through the medium of all creation.

(This is copied from the translation of Satarudriyam by Sri Krishnanda Swamiji. Here is the link for those who may wish to see it: http://swami-krishnananda.org/invoc/in_sata.html)

Like we all do, i too once faced a similar situation which left me angry, scared and helpless. Then one day, i happened to listen to a pravachanam (in Telugu) by Sri Chaganti Koteswara Rao garu, who mentioned the above two slokas while relating an incident and explained how one could get rid of the unpleasant memories by understanding that this too is the play of Siva. Those words were the antidote i needed to put me out of misery and it quickly pacified me. I hope, although your learned self may already be aware, this may be of some consolation :)

Yours in Bhagavan,
Abhilash Ayyagari

Arunachaleswaraya Namaha.
Om Arunachaleswaraya Namaha.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

There is a gang that steals cell phones from houses, person's packets in the bus etc., It is rampant in Bangalore.

Arunachala Siva.   

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:22:26 PM »
For all Auto needs in Bangalore which are planned in advance please use http://autowale.in/. Very reliable service. Just ensure you give 15 mins extra notice, as they invariable turn up 5-10 mins (not more) late - of course, traffic issues in Bangalore. But very nice service.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
For all Auto needs in Bangalore which are planned in advance please use http://autowale.in/. Very reliable service. Just ensure you give 15 mins extra notice, as they invariable turn up 5-10 mins (not more) late - of course, traffic issues in Bangalore. But very nice service.

Sanjay

Thanks Sanjay for this useful info .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha