Author Topic: Sri Vasant Kothari - merged with Sri Bhagavan  (Read 1166 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Vasant Kothari - merged with Sri Bhagavan
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
Sri Vasant Kothari, a gentleman who was earlier an adept in Yoga went all the way from his native place to Kanyakumari
to practice and teach Yoga in Kanyakumari.  There he heard about Sri Bhagavan and came to Tiruvannamalai.  He spent
most of his time in the Asramam. He must have practiced self inquiry also. He used to attend morning and evening programmes
and also take breakfast, lunch and evening dinner in the Asramam.  He used to participate in Parayana too.  He was living
adjacent to Sadhu Om's house.  Such a mature devotee merged with Sri Bhagavan on the just gone Sravana Pournami day.

These details have been given in Asramam's Saranagati e-magazine of Sept. 2013.

I have met Sri Kothari almost all the times when I went to Tiruvannammalai.  He is a man of few words and he has sometimes
taken food with me also in the dining hall by my side.  He used to wear a simple loose banian and a pyjama or dhoti.
He used to ask my welfare and my family's well fare with kind words.  I am told he belongs to a very rich family of business
people and with assets worth Rs 200 crores.  He must have left everything to their children and come away for his spiritual
welfare.

Arunachala Siva.     

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:18:48 PM by Subramanian.R »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Sri Vasant Kothari - merged with Sri Bhagavan
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

Thanks for this news,I am yet to go through the saranagathi magazine  .I have met Sri Kothari in one of my trips to SriRamana Ashram few years back and he was introduced to me by another Yoga friend of mine . A very soft spoken man and totally surrendered to Bhagavan and Arunachala .
It is a blessing he merged with Bhagavan , Arunachala on an auspicious Sravana Pournami Day .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Wonderful news :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »
Wonderful news :)

Great response Adam :) got smiles in my face!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta